The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

9 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

Good luck!  As a fellow resident of the Gulf Coast, I know the story.  We haven't really been bothered since Gustav and Ike 8 years ago, so we're overdue.

Yeah, I've been saying the same thing.  We're overdue for a wet year.

8 hours ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Good luck in weathering the storm! I wouldn't now how it feels, being in Alberta....

*Determination.

I'll try to keep it down here... lol....  :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, Cydonian Monk said:

You keep your depressions over there on your side of the Gulf. Don't need any such storms here. (And good luck. Colin doesn't look too bad just yet. Storm track shows it being shot out of the gulf at half the speed of sound though.....)

Yeah, I just looked at the track, and it looks like it's going to be a fast moving one, and definitely heading away from your area.  From what I've seen, I agree, y'all don't need any more over there!

2 hours ago, AkuAerospace said:

The "64,000,000 credit question", hmmm?
I'm on it (although I don't know if there's enough to go off yet).

Let's see ... (starts pacing)
- I'd say its safe to assume that whatever it is behind the Mun arch is the same force as behind the rocks.
- Whatever it is seems to have a far better perspective than the Kerbals, possibly having a different perception of time
- Assuming this isn't a full blown Kudzu Plot, in chapter 29 there is reference to a probe being righted mysteriously, shown with a rock. Either this was Omega-77 or something else.
- I was going to suggest humans but if this connection is true, the buildup to this started way before that idea was seen.
- Come to think of it, seeing where Emiko vanished and the warning about the Munar saucer, I'd say they're connected.
- What is it? not sure yet. I'll need more data to work with, maybe I can glean more from re-reading it but I'm hoping more clues will come out with Emiko's subplot.

On a side note, I think I have an idea what the Mun arch was trying to say: Thompberry is coming to Kerbin, and trouble is coming (I forget who it was but they called Thompberry as the product of the Kraken).

Sorry if this isn't that coherent, I'm kind of in a hurry to finish this post.
Staying tuned

Aku

No, definitely not a Kudzu plot!  I did have a reason for uprighting that probe, but as time went on, I have to admit, I'd completely forgotten about it!  

Thanks for reminding me!

I think I have to go back and read everything again.  

Edited by Just Jim

On ‎6‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 10:01 PM, Just Jim said:

I think I have to go back and read everything again.  

I probably have to as well, probably will make my analysis easier

Edited by AkuAerospace
Removed "sign off"

14 minutes ago, AkuAerospace said:

I probably have to as well, probably will make my analysis easier

Aku

Do me a favor... if you do figure it out, don't tell anyone else....  :wink:

1 hour ago, Geschosskopf said:

Where I live, we do not speak of Kudzu.  It is tangible, incontrovertible proof that Lovecraft was reporting fact, not writing fiction.

Oh yeah, that stuff is evil!!!  :mad:

26 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Oh yeah, that stuff is evil!!!  :mad:

"Evil" is too mild an appellation for that foul vine,  At its lowest level, "evil" is simply anything that opposes one's worldview, no matter how naive and misguided that worldview is, and such a definition of "evil" only show up the lack of knowledge of its bearer.  Then there are the worldviews of others which are objectively pathological, even when considered in the context of their own times and places.  Then there's the "good" vs. "evil" motif which is more propaganda than a real thing, depending on which side you're on.  And finally, there's this thing that is diametrically opposed to every worldview ever created by anybody. That is what Lovecraft was talking about.  THAT is Evil. And THAT is what Kudzu is.

Well, the storm wasn't too bad. A few power blinks this morning, but for the more part it's been just a rainmaker.

So I got most of what I wanted done today, but now I'm trying to drive thru the Mun's south pole... and it's horrifying.
But I'm within 25km of my next objective, so weather permitting, I'll be able to get the last screenshots tomorrow.

Edited by Just Jim

On ‎7‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 8:04 AM, Just Jim said:

Do me a favor... if you do figure it out, don't tell anyone else....  :wink:

Understood and will do, no need to worry yet however, I'm still stumped
As for previous remarks which may have been a bit spoiler laden, I guess I was just excited, particularly at being able to comment.

Edited by AkuAerospace
Removed "sign off"

8 hours ago, 0111narwhalz said:

You poor stand-up guys with your winds and your rains. The California Current keeps us safe from that.
Of course, we have earthquakes and droughts instead.

Yeah, I hear ya!  My sister lives in San Diego, and there's been times I wish I could have helped y'all out and sent some of our rain her way.

8 hours ago, Draconiator said:

Stay Safe, Jim.  Up here, we never get hurricanes...just the rain after they have petered out. Usually if a hurricane hits the Gulf, we get the rain from it a few days later.

Looks like we're OK this time.  All the rain this morning is south of here.

8 hours ago, AkuAerospace said:

Understood and will do, no need to worry yet however, I'm still stumped
As for previous remarks which may have been a bit spoiler laden, I guess I was just excited, particularly at being able to comment.

Aku

Oh, you're OK.  I love the enthusiasm.  But if you think you've discovered a real big spoiler and want confirmation, pm me, OK?

Wow, today was rough!  On good terrain, the Chariot can get upwards of 80-100km an hour on the Mun.  But today it took me nearly all day to go only 25km.... and what a dark, spooky nightmare it was!   :0.0:

I still have to sort and upload all the screenshots, then write up the next chapter, so I won't be done until tomorrow.
But here's a screenshot teaser for now:

4lpWkHV.png

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

Wow, today was rough!  On good terrain, the Chariot can get upwards of 80-100km an hour on the Mun.  But today it took me nearly all day to go only 25km.... and what a dark, spooky nightmare it was!   :0.0:

Sort of makes you want to switch on the fog-cutters!

Oh no, wait......

Hey, so I was taking a look at the Chariot's design, and I thought, "wowza, I could probably edit that enough into my own orginial mobile base!"

So anyway, take a look! The Mobile.Base.And.Satalite.Launcher! I'm hoping it does your Chariot justice!

*Partial Sanity.

1 hour ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Hey, so I was taking a look at the Chariot's design, and I thought, "wowza, I could probably edit that enough into my own orginial mobile base!"

So anyway, take a look! The Mobile.Base.And.Satalite.Launcher! I'm hoping it does your Chariot justice!

*Partial Sanity.

I like it!  Does it have some sort of command cockpit?  Or is it driven by the smaller rover inside?  I can't really tell

1 hour ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

*Partial Sanity.

I use my rovers for landing falcon 9 rockets on them. My biggest is only 500 tons. Only. And it's so big it needs rocket engines to move! And apparently some of my big rovers actually do stunts rather well! Oh, and the biggest has 36 wheels! You Mobile.Base.And.Satellite.Launcher may have a problem. I have run over and completely destroyed a crater crawler before. 

*Definitely Waaaaaaay To Big Rovers

Just now, Just Jim said:

I like it!  Does it have some sort of command cockpit?  Or is it driven by the smaller rover inside?  I can't really tell

It has a drone core in the front, to make up for the lack of cockpits (one mk2 cabin, one Mk1 cabin)

*Determination.

2 minutes ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

It has a drone core in the front, to make up for the lack of cockpits (one mk2 cabin, one Mk1 cabin)

*Determination.

Ahhhh, gotcha!  My chariots have one as well, so I don't really need a pilot to drive it around.  But I like having one anyway for the IVA view

15 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Florida... lucky. Have you ever gone down to KSC to see a launch? I get to go to Florida each Christmas, but never the right time to see a launch. I'll take rockets and storms over cornfields and tornadoes every day.

Actually, we can see launches from here if the weather is clear.  It looks like a trail of smoke, but heading up, not down.  And at night it's like a super bright red meteor.  Very cool.

But the best I've seen was one of the last shuttle launches from my brothers house in Daytona, just up the coast from NASA.  I was over there for something totally different, and had no idea they were launching.  Best part...it was a night launch!!!  Even from miles away, the sky turned a brilliant orange, and the engines sounded like they were literally ripping the air apart.  Really breathtaking!

Edited by Just Jim

4 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Actually, we can see launches from here if the weather is clear.  It looks like a trail of smoke, but heading up, not down.  And at night it's like a super bright red meteor.  Very cool.

But the best I've seen was one of the last shuttle launches from my brothers house in Daytona, just up the coast from NASA.  I was over there for something totally different, and had no idea they were launching.  Best part...it was a night launch!!!  Even from a hundred miles away, the sky turned a brilliant orange, and the engines sounded like they were literally ripping the air apart.  Really breathtaking!

Aw man! All I can see is lots of planes taking off and landing. No rocket launch pads near Seattle. :( On the other hand, Amazon is fast here. The only real life rocket I've ever seen was my model rocket which of course had to get stuck in a tree. You are so lucky!

Edited by max_creative

10 hours ago, max_creative said:

Aw man! All I can see is lots of planes taking off and landing. No rocket launch pads near Seattle. :( On the other hand, Amazon is fast here. The only real life rocket I've ever seen was my model rocket which of course had to get stuck in a tree. You are so lucky!

Actually, I've heard Seattle is beautiful.  Lots of trees.

The down side of living here is the heat and humidity.  Right now it's 9:15am, 78 degrees and 92% humidity.  The temp will be over 90 by this afternoon, and we'll most likely get an afternoon T-storm somewhere, depending on the sea breeze.  This is normal.

Down here, air conditioning isn't a luxury, it's life support!  lol  :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.