The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

10 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Inside every apparent surface contradiction is a deep and interesting plot twist struggling to get out. :)

I like that!!!  :D

10 hours ago, 0111narwhalz said:

What an interesting coincidence that you referenced the Necronomicon while I'm binging on Lovecraft.:wink:

I'm a fanatic.  Not just of his writings, but also his writing style.  I have a copy of pretty much everything he wrote... I think.

8 hours ago, Mjp1050 said:

Parka B....

@Parkaboy

*slaps forehead*

Yup!  And it's somewhat ironic that @Parkaboy is also MIA.  Hopefully everything is OK... 

Wow... Unbelievable!  
A little over a week ago I shared my Diamondback with one person... ONE PERSON... Someone I thought I could trust!
And what did this person go and do???

wait for it....

This person bought me a Eucl3d model of it!!!  OMG!!!!!!   :0.0:
It just got here, and it's awesome!  This is about the nicest, and coolest thing ever!!!  I'm going to get a display case for it ASAP.

I don't know if this person wants their name mentioned, but I had to post a huge thank you and a couple pics...

THANK YOU!!!

kiwhRXJ.jpg

lrHh6ZT.jpg

Oh, and props to Eucl3d as well, not just for a great 3D printing job, but also because the website said it would be 4-6 weeks, and it only took about 10 days.

:D   :D   :D

Edited by Just Jim

19 minutes ago, Draconiator said:

How big is it?

It's about 8 inches long and wingspan about 5 inches.

Hey everyone, as for the story, I'm getting a lot of background stuff done for Emiko's story today.  
Plus I've decided to add a very popular, very huge mod in the coming chapters, so I have to adjust for that.  

So far so good.... 

20 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Wow... Unbelievable!  
A little over a week ago I shared my Diamondback with one person... ONE PERSON... Someone I thought I could trust!

wait for it....

It just got here, and it's awesome!  This is about the nicest, and coolest thing ever!!!  I'm going to get a display case for it ASAP.

I don't know if this person wants their name mentioned, but I had to post a huge thank you and a couple pics...

THANK YOU!!!

kiwhRXJ.jpg

lrHh6ZT.jpg

Oh, and props to Eucl3d as well, not just for a great 3D printing job, but also because the website said it would be 4-6 weeks, and it only took about 10 days.

oh man, I am drooling. I have wanted a 3D ship since I first saw their website. That is beautiful.

42 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Plus I've decided to add a very popular, very huge mod in the coming chapters, so I have to adjust for that.  

Hmm.... Texture Replacer? You mentioned wanting to recolor Gene's hair a while back...

2 hours ago, Mjp1050 said:

Hmm.... Texture Replacer? You mentioned wanting to recolor Gene's hair a while back...

Hmm.... With all Gene's been going through, maybe it would be more accurate to color his hair with a little white! :D

31 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

I don't really see any reason to keep it a secret, so here's a nice, juicy screenshot teaser for y'all:

cjogIdr.png

Yaay!!!

I'm curious to see how this gets addressed in canon, it at all... :D

6 minutes ago, Andem said:

Yaay!!!

I'm curious to see how this gets addressed in canon, it at all... :D

My canon???  I have canon???  I suppose I do at this point...  cool.  :D
Anyway, I have a way to make it work in the story... I think.    

Truth is, I would have added this much sooner, but I really needed the new computer to do it justice.

2 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I don't really see any reason to keep it a secret, so here's a nice, juicy screenshot teaser for y'all:

cjogIdr.png

YES!!! I KNEW IT!!! ITS OPM!!! I wonder how your Kerbals react when A. Eeloo suddenly orbits Sarnus B. They see Hale. Hale is so small that a Kerbal jump will put you into the orbital camera! Nice place to do pretend comet and asteroid landings. Not really good for much else honestly. Also, why solar panels? I thought beyond Jool with OPM solar panels generate zero electricity. 

The rings or Sarnus are so beautiful...

10 hours ago, Just Jim said:

cjogIdr.png

Oh my goodness, it gets better and better. :D

As for the story in general, I really love how it's going, with Emiko suddenly on Eve, but being perfect company for Harfield, and on Carlenna's side- Ok, well I still feel uncomfortable looking into those blank, empty eyes... which are slowly being possessed by the KRAKEN... but it's still awesome in that way. XD

Edited by SmashingKirby148
Grammar mistake on my part... -3-;

11 hours ago, max_creative said:

YES!!! I KNEW IT!!! ITS OPM!!! I wonder how your Kerbals react when A. Eeloo suddenly orbits Sarnus B. They see Hale. Hale is so small that a Kerbal jump will put you into the orbital camera! Nice place to do pretend comet and asteroid landings. Not really good for much else honestly. Also, why solar panels? I thought beyond Jool with OPM solar panels generate zero electricity. 

The rings or Sarnus are so beautiful...

Solar panels because I was cheating and using Hyperedit to look at stuff before I made a final decision about using OPM when I took this screenshot, and this happened to be the lander I choose to experiment with.  But once I saw this view, my mind was pretty much made up.  :wink:

As for Eeloo... I've been reading thru the earlier parts of the story this morning, and I don't think I specifically mentioned Eeloo by name anywhere.  The only place it shows up is in the ultimate challenge contract.  I know it's kind of a lawyer-ish loophole, but I'll take it.  

And the Ultimate challenge contract... I looked at the persistent file, and the part about the contract itself looks straight forward enough.  I don't think it will be too difficult to add the OPM bodies to it.  I'm going to go make some more coffee, back up everything, and see if I can get it to work.  If so, that part is also covered.

But I also have a sort of cute way to explain them in the next chapter as well.  

Edited by Just Jim

On 14.6.2016 at 10:52 PM, Just Jim said:

Wow... Unbelievable!  

wait for it....

THANK YOU!!!

kiwhRXJ.jpg

lrHh6ZT.jpg

The tips of the vertical stabilizers are a little off tho, was that a necessary edit or just some software bug? Also, how much does a 3D print of a KSP ship cost?

Edited by DualDesertEagle

How about that?  I managed to fix the Ultimate Challenge contracts and not break the game... who would have thunk it... lol

p8pfUIo.png

VtO7Gdc.png

fj9bGQh.png

1 hour ago, DualDesertEagle said:

The tips of the vertical stabilizers are a little off tho, was that a necessary edit or just some software bug? Also, how much does a 3D print of a KSP ship cost?

I'm guessing it was a small edit because they get so thin on the wing tips.

As for prices, they have different sizes and prices.

Here's their website:

https://eucl3d.com/collections/kerbal-space-program

19 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Wow, your universe just got a whole lot bigger.

Just a comment, your kerbals will be like hundreds of years old by the time they come back to Kerbin after landing on every planet and moon... lol :D I noticed the deadline on the first contract you showed is 688 years!

I hope that won't mess up the storyline... Maybe hyper sleep, but what about your sub-plots?

Edited by Jeb!

55 minutes ago, Jeb! said:

Wow, your universe just got a whole lot bigger.

Just a comment, your kerbals will be like hundreds of years old by the time they come back to Kerbin after landing on every planet and moon... lol :D I noticed the deadline on the first contract you showed is 688 years!

I hope that won't mess up the storyline... Maybe hyper sleep, but what about your sub-plots?

I've been working out the problems with OPM distances and the story line, and I have a couple options, including cheating to make the story work, which I may have to do.  For instance, the lander in that screenshot of Ovok and Sarnus is sitting next to a floating rock.  

Oh, that reminds me... I found that floating rock on Ovok on the first landing!!!  It must be fate!!!  hehehe

Anyway, if I use the excuse in the plot of floating rock wormholes, it eliminates the problem of stuff showing up somewhere like Hale or Ovok or Plock almost instantly.  But realistically, I have to use something like HyperEdit to make it work, which is arguably cheating.

However, the more I think about it, the more I just don't care anymore.  The story has come too far for me to start making it harder on myself.  If I need to bend the rules to make it work, so be it.  

The Ultimate Challenge itself.... that could be a problem.  I'll figure it out eventually... 

2 minutes ago, Draconiator said:

OPM has basically made it into my "personal Stock".  Great mod for stories I think.  I still need to send a mission to Tekto, I think it has a thick atmosphere with oxygen so...need to send a plane up there soon.  :)

Definitely a thick atmosphere on Tekto, but I'm not sure if it's oxygen or not.  That would be cool!

8 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

The Ultimate Challenge itself.... that could be a problem.  I'll figure it out eventually... 

The Diamondback has quite a bit of fuel, but I foresee quite a bit of refueling missions! I will be very impressed if [when :D] you complete the challenge...

Edited by Jeb!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.