The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

31 minutes ago, DualDesertEagle said:

More like send a nuke and blow it to bits as long as no one's up there!

24 minutes ago, RocketSquid said:

The goal is to keep it intact.

Actually you're both right.

The goal is to keep it intact, but if it became an absolute threat, then blowing it up might have to be considered, at least as a last resort.

Has anyone agknowledged that kerbals fit perfectly into all of our  Alien conspiracy theories? Little green men? Crashed spacecraft? The classic image of a small body and a huge head? Huge, bulging eyes? It's like squad is begging for someone like just Jim to write this story.

14 hours ago, Just Jim said:

The goal is to keep it intact, but if it became an absolute threat, then blowing it up might have to be considered, at least as a last resort.

Nooooooo! If Emiko is blown up, that means the saga is over and I'll start to get bored again! (Also that would be a really bad ending for such a great story. It just wouldn't do this wonderful saga justice.)

14 hours ago, Just Jim said:

My vote stands with Thompbrainy crossing the streams on it with a gravioli-ray. That trick with the floating rock back on Bop is like a Chekhov's Gun just waiting to be picked up. Bonus points if it's his villain's dying grace.

Too predictable maybe, but it seems like the story's headed in that direction - and I'm okay with that. "Predictable" doesn't necessarily mean "bad" if it's well-written (and this whole saga is very well done).

1 hour ago, The solid fuel chemist said:

Has anyone agknowledged that kerbals fit perfectly into all of our  Alien conspiracy theories? Little green men? Crashed spacecraft? The classic image of a small body and a huge head? Huge, bulging eyes? It's like squad is begging for someone like just Jim to write this story.

Pretty sure SQUAD acknowledged the alien "theories" when they built the kerbal. I think that's the joke.

19 hours ago, Kieve said:

My vote stands with Thompbrainy crossing the streams on it with a gravioli-ray. That trick with the floating rock back on Bop is like a Chekhov's Gun just waiting to be picked up.

Hmmm... That's an interesting idea, but not what I had in mind... still, I wonder what would happen??? I may have to steal borrow this idea... :wink:

Hey everyone, sorry I didn't get the next chapter posted today, I had to deal with R/L most of the day. But I got quite a bit done this evening, so today wasn't a total loss.

1 hour ago, TwinKerbal said:

Waaaaait.... So if they acknowledged kerbals as aliens then where did the humans go?

I think the idea is "What do the little green men do when they're not invading Earth?" Here, they aren't aliens; kerbals (probably) belong on Kerbin.

Edited by 0111narwhalz

Actually, while there are some similarities to our actual solar system I'd say the whole game takes place in another [fictional (?)*] solar system.

*Maybe the Kerbol System DOES actually exist as introduced in the game somewhere in the universe, who knows?

Edited by DualDesertEagle

9 hours ago, DualDesertEagle said:

Actually, while there are some similarities to our actual solar system I'd say the whole game takes place in another [fictional (?)*] solar system.

*Maybe the Kerbol System DOES actually exist as introduced in the game somewhere in the universe, who knows?

From what I read on another thread, there was supposed to be a story line in KSP that explained some of the similarities, but it was never followed up on.

Well, today didn't go so hot. I spent all morning getting a new phone, including a new provider. I got everything done, but it pretty much wasted half the day doing it. Then I had to dodge a couple storms this afternoon, but I still got a lot of the new screenshots done. And I started playing around with another new mod, which should work into the story nicely, and prove lots of fun.

I feel bad about not getting the chapter finished today, but so y'all don't go away empty handed, here's a screenshot teaser...
I wonder what it is???  :huh:

ScH8bkK.png

Edited by Just Jim

1. That thing looks like some space probe, maybe it has something to do with gravioli? Has lots of solar panels. Maybe it is ion powered.

2. Also, maybe emiko's class e asteroid was flung here by the krakens to spy on the kerbals. The kraken knew that the kerbals would be able to redirect it, and put it in orbit. 

3. If my understanding of the space arches is correct, the magic boulders and arches helped fling the emiko space potato over from another star. 

On another note, I'm working on a new story, as disconnected adventures is so far not working.

However, there are more on topic things to discuss. Are the magic boulders made by the kraken, or sentient beings? Are they misunderstood? Do they know what they are doing? Or are they simply going about their silicon based lives?

Who are the kraken? How powerful are they? Why are they possessing kerbals? Are they playing with the kerbals, like higher order beings, or just psychics?

Find out in chapter 63......?

On 8/29/2016 at 10:32 PM, Dobelong said:

1. That thing looks like some space probe, maybe it has something to do with gravioli? Has lots of solar panels. Maybe it is ion powered.

2. Also, maybe emiko's class e asteroid was flung here by the krakens to spy on the kerbals. The kraken knew that the kerbals would be able to redirect it, and put it in orbit. 

3. If my understanding of the space arches is correct, the magic boulders and arches helped fling the emiko space potato over from another star. 

On another note, I'm working on a new story, as disconnected adventures is so far not working.

However, there are more on topic things to discuss. Are the magic boulders made by the kraken, or sentient beings? Are they misunderstood? Do they know what they are doing? Or are they simply going about their silicon based lives?

Who are the kraken? How powerful are they? Why are they possessing kerbals? Are they playing with the kerbals, like higher order beings, or just psychics?

Find out in chapter 63......?

Sorry, this no-name storm is just about here, and even though this one isn't even a real tropical storm, the wind knocked the power out a couple times already yesterday, so I couldn't do as much as I wanted. According to the spaghetti models, it'll pass overhead tomorrow, but it's already rainy and gloomy today, so I'm afraid I can't make any promises on the next chapter at this point. I have almost all the new screenshots, including a really spiffy new ship for Werhner, but again, it depends on the wind and weather.

So to your questions... Yes, I'll answer what can in the next chapter. And you asked a couple things I hadn't really considered bringing up, but I'm glad you did, they'll fit into the conversation nicely.

8 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Well, there's good news and bad news:

Good news, I finished the screenshots for the next chapter this morning.
Bad news, I'm stuck right in the middle of a hurricane.

You have all the fun. :(

44 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Good news, I don't get hurricanes. 

Bad news, I can't share any screenshots because of Imgur. Which at least is now is 50% working for me.

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

Well, there's good news and bad news:

Try to stay dry and above the waterline.

1 hour ago, Kieve said:

You have all the fun. :(

1 hour ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Here's hoping to an uninjured JustJim!

40 minutes ago, GDJ said:

Try to stay dry and above the waterline.

Actually, in terms of hurricanes, this one isn't bad, at least here. We've been thru a lot worse, and on this same day, no less. I know because Saturday is my birthday, and this is my 4th... or maybe 5th... birthday hurricane in the last 20 years. And a couple of those everyone in town but a few evacuated, so I had the town to myself. It was eerie.

The biggest issue is wind gusts playing havoc with the power. And it can go out for a few seconds, or a few hours, no telling, so a battery backup isn't much help. Right now we're in between bands, so it's OK to log on and check in. But there's another one heading this way so I'll have to get back off soon.

If you want to check it out, this is the link to our local weather radar. I'm closest to the town called New Port Richey, right near the middle of the map.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/weather/klystron-9-radar/local.html

So back on topic a little, if this doesn't stall out, tomorrow will be iffy, but it should be gone by the weekend so I can finally get this chapter written up. I promise it will be a nice long one to make up for taking so long. Oh, and speaking off... it's actually a good thing I waited. I rewrote a major part of it a third time. Truth is, I almost forgot a detail something that would have been really embarrassing, but including it gave me a whole new and more mysterious spin on things that I think y'all will enjoy.  :D

1 hour ago, max_creative said:

Good news, I don't get hurricanes. 

Bad news, I can't share any screenshots because of Imgur. Which at least is now is 50% working for me.

Yeah, I've had all sorts of "fun" with Imgur. You have my sympathies... :(

53 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Actually, in terms of hurricanes, this one isn't bad, at least here. We've been thru a lot worse, and on this same day, no less. I know because Saturday is my birthday, and this is my 4th... or maybe 5th... birthday hurricane in the last 20 years. And a couple of those everyone in town but a few evacuated, so I had the town to myself. It was eerie.

HAPPY (early) BIRTHDAY!!! Maybe the hurricane just wants to say hi to you and tell you happy birthday! Maybe? 

How often do you get hurricanes anyways? The only hurricane I ever saw was a swirly thing on a cartoony map. Also, I saw a picture of one from space, but I've never seen one in real life.

10 hours ago, Draconiator said:

Good thing you're not in Tallahassee...:O

Yeah, I'm not sure how they did yet, but it was headed right at them.

10 hours ago, max_creative said:

HAPPY (early) BIRTHDAY!!! Maybe the hurricane just wants to say hi to you and tell you happy birthday! Maybe? 

How often do you get hurricanes anyways? The only hurricane I ever saw was a swirly thing on a cartoony map. Also, I saw a picture of one from space, but I've never seen one in real life.

Thanks. Hurricanes are funny storms, and it's hard to say how many or few there will be, or if they'll hit land or not. But in the 20 years I've lived here the most hurricanes that hit here in one year is four. That was a few years ago and pretty wild. But the last couple years we haven't had any at all, so we were kind of overdue for this one.

So we did OK last night. Quite a wind and lightning show, but it looks like the only damage out back was a few broken tree branches. I just checked and the rain is south of here... which is a little odd, but whatever. While it's clear this morning I need to do some first of the month running around I couldn't do yesterday, then I'll get the screenshots sorted and uploaded. Depending on what the rain does, I'll have the next chapter done later tonight or tomorrow.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.