Bill v Bill. Gravity flaws. An interactive story. {Latest: Part 4}

Tw1

On 01/02/2016 at 9:00 AM, Kuzzter said:

How many votes for 'truth' or 'lie' is a TOTM sticky worth, I wonder? Congrats! :D 

I got that? Oh cool! But it doesn't matter, the choice has been made....

Give it a few more days...

yzos4UM.png

Part 3 

F8QTKSi.png

Bill Kerman: "Ok. Ok. The truth is, I've been getting help from someone."

Wernher: "What? Who? An Alien?"

Bill Kerman: "While I was lost in space, I met an interdimensional being of great power."

Wernher: "The kracken?"

Bill Kerman: "No. His name is Cipher. He said he was a muse, and that he wanted to help Kerbality."

Wernher: "And you're only telling us now?"

Bill Kerman: "He told me not to tell anyone. He's a little weird, but the don't the results speak for themselves? "

Wernher: "I don't know. I... I don't know what to believe any more."

It wasn't a no.
Back in my room, I sat down to draw up the plans. I let the buzzing ideas flow through my brain. I saw every detail, every wire, every chip. The blueprint was done before I knew it. Literally.

JyKl6s6.png

By the afternoon, construction was underway. I visited the SPH to inspect progress. 

PYRDtUF.png

All was well.  headed out to astronaut complex to get myself a drink. Next thing I knew:

Bill Cipher: " What did you do Kerb-Bill!!?!"

CY4keMu.png

Bill Kerman: "Sorry Cipher, I had to tell them-"

Bill Cipher: "ONE MIND KERB BILL!
I CAN BE IN ONE MIND ONLY BEFORE my power is totally diluted. *sigh.* That was the deal. I thought you were smarter than this."

aQEIscS.png

Bill Cipher: "My mind link is already starting to fade. Slowly, my influence will leave you. Just.. promise me you'll finish the portal. Promise me you'll get that far at least. "

Bill Kerman: "Wait, are you leaving me?"

Bill Cipher: "Just promise."

Bill Kerman: "I alright. I promise to complete it."

Bill Cipher: "I hope you've been taking notes."

23mTv06.png

Mazdy Kerman: "Bill! Bill! Are you alright?"

Bill Kerman: "What happened?"

Mazdy: "You passed out?"

Bill Kerman: "Strange.I don't feel faint." 

Mazdy: "You still should go to the medic just in case."

On my way, I ran into Jentrix.

r3319Lr.png

Jentrix Kerman: "Oh hey Bill!, what frequency should the column 12 pulse at? You never resolved it on the blueprints."

Bill Kerman: "Every second, it needs to vary between .... um... I.. I can't see it.. I don't know!?"

Oh no. 

Jentrix: "That's fine! I was on my way to test in on the computers anyway. "

I knew what I had to do.
I spent the next three days straight pouring everything I knew- every idea, thought and theory I'd been given- into three notepads.

B5cCAuw.png

By the end I was truly exhausted. That night passed without single dream, vision, or anything. The buzz of ideas had gone. 

To be continued...  So here's a question. 

What will Bill do?

Tell someone that the ideas are no longer coming?

Don't? These are just text books. To pass the knowledge to others.

Edited by Tw1

The truth.

In the movies and sitcoms lying never works out, I'd love to see a story going better.

They might declare you mad, but the results don't lie.

Also, don't build that portal. It's a trap. Cipher will use it to invade your reality (also basic scifi/horror logic).

DUDE. Bill is out. Give someone else his ideas...wait...is he going to write three...JOURNALS?! DUN DUN DUN! This is Gravity Falls (sort of.) Kerb-Bill=Stanford! Because EVERYTHING needs to be Kerbal-ized (except for a certain horror game I know of...:sealed:)

On 12/24/2015 at 0:53 AM, diggzakk said:

you promised to keep it secret to the great cipher, stick with that and lie wernher in his greenface

You are absolutely right! If you turn back on the deal, you are a liar to him then. And besides... Who do YOU think is more powerful, eh? I say lie. 

Tallying it up, looks like Bill's going to tell. Locking in.

On 12/02/2016 at 0:04 PM, CliftonM said:

Kill Wernher.  Then Bill Cypher is no longer in another mind.

Someone's got it in for Wernher :sticktongue:

Edited by Tw1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2016 at 7:04 PM, CliftonM said:

Kill Wernher.  Then Bill Cypher is no longer in another mind.

Good strategy, but we have no reason to think Bill is a cold blooded killer. Maybe Wernher would agree to enter a temporary medically-induced coma once the stakes are clear? Or perhaps his memory could be purged via hypnosis?

Or forget about portals. You have fusion and warp drive, so why not take some time to enjoy them? And there's hardly any shame in not inventing transdimensional portals when you invented fusion and warp drive last week.

I'm here, just got a little bogged down with university stuff.
Plus, this ended up an abnormally big chapter. I must speak with the editor about this... :wink:

I'll have another bit up before too much longer.
CmlPorxm.png
Soon, things will happen. Many things...

Edited by Tw1

Part 4

F8QTKSi.png

The next morning, I returned to the KSC.
I resolved to tell Wernher what happened. Perhaps, if we were smart, we could clear his mind  of thoughts of Cipher, and restore my mental link. And get myself back on Cipher's good side.   

As I approached the  KSC, a new building loomed before me.

wD1Yn5p.png

I was greeted by one of the security staff. They told be Wernher was waiting in the Portal house.
I soon found him, and he was a lot more cheerful than last time.

Wernher: "Bill! Good it is to see you!" 

zFVRpcZ.png

Bill: "Wernher, I need to tell you something. I've lost my connection to the muse."   

Wernher:  "This is a concern. Is it temporary, or for good?"

Bill: "I'm not sure. I've put all my knowledge into these books. We need to come with a way to-"

Wernher: ""Ya, ya, Linus can scan them later. For now, we are about to have a test firing (*He tapped his protective suit*), of the portal generator!" 

Bill: "Now? This is not a good idea."

Wernher:  "Nonsense! Gene wants to have it ready for a public demonstration in a few weeks. The upcoming planetary alignment will be a most auspicious time to announce the next phase of kerbal exploration! You said you wrote everything down right?" 

Have some dramatic music to get you in the mood.

There was no stopping him. We descended in an elevator,  walked past rows of tanks and machinery.  

P8RYbym.gif

Everything was abuzz. Everyone was there.

4kkETjw.gif

v9ADYnL.png  

Valentina: "Look!"

x0cMtbU.png?1

Jentrix Kerman: "I'm getting some strange readings on our gravioli detectors. It's like something's building in the gravioli feild."

Jeb: "Woah, gravity's gone!"   

Bill: "This is how the portal works. It takes time-space points of peak distortion, like when tidal forces reach a maximum. Then it pulls at weak spots created by those natural peaks. The zero-G effect should be brief. And local. I think." 

qypdSge.png

Gravity soon returned for most of us, but, 

Jeb: "It's Pulling me in!" :D

7UQBiNW.png

Bill: "Grab this rope! We'll pull you back"

Jeb: "Nah, I wanna see where this goes."

KumDrdZ.png

Val: "Go Jeb!"

Bob: "Be careful!!"

HLV1Ycl.png

This chapter sure blew out the special effects budget.

TK0lo85.png

Jeb: "Awesome!"

NF2oJDQ.png?1

AH AHHHHAAAAAAAFHEEELLAAAHHHHAAAHHAHAAA

...AAAaHelAAAAAHpaaAAAAAAHaaAHAaaaaaahhhhEEHHAAAA

Bill: "Pull! Get him back! Now!"

:0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0:

:0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0:

Lw0WGQV.png

Bob: "Jeb!:0.0:"

Bill: "Jeb! Speak to me!

Jeb:  "M0oD elGna1rT ,oT1r0D nekC@rK r3hphIC! hgruE!"

Bob: " What happened in there?

Jeb: "WHEN GrAVITY BREaKS, AND W0RLDS COLLIdE, YOU'LL FEAR THE BEAST WItH JUST ONE EYE!"

Val: "He's delirious! We need a medic! Now!"

Jeb: *cough* "This machine is dangerous. You'll bring about the end of the world with this!" *faints*

Bill: "SHUT IT DOWN!"

Music?

We took Jebediah to the hospital, and powered the machine down. 

I had to know the truth. I had to contact Cipher.

I sat down and concentrated. It all came back to me. The buzzing, the energy, as strong in my mind as it had ever been before!

Bill Kerman: "Cipher! What is this? Where is that portal going?"

upkGY6U.png

Bill Cipher: "Ah hahahahaha. Looks like Mr 0.8 Stupidity finally got smart."

Bill Kerman: "What?"

Bill Cipher: "Jeb just got a taste of my party! Let's just say I'll be bringing some friends over. We're gonna shake things up a little, right guys?"

hmYEqSS.png

(*Creatures in the void snicker evilly*)

Bill Kerman: "No! I'll stop you!"

Bill Cipher: "Oh come on Kerb-Bill, don't be a buzzkill! Besides! You can't stop the bridge between worlds from coming, but it might be fun to see you try! Cute even!" 

fwTN77s.png

What will Bill do?

It's too dangerous to be left around! Destroy the portal machine!

No! It could be useful! Try and aim it somewhere else!

Apologies if this chapter felt a bit like railroading, to use the DMing term, by not focusing on the last decision.  I do take other suggestions into account as I go, so feel free to keep making them!
If you want to critique my technobabble, please do it via PM, as there are potentially spoilers there. Otherwise, discuss all you want!

Edited by Tw1

I say destroy it, it's crazy and extremely hyper-dangerous to continue having any link to Cipher's world. But optionally first set all nukes on Kerbin to explode and send them through the portal, just to make sure.

Edited by DolphinDude3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.