[1.2] 'Otter' Submersible (USI Submarine Parts) [0.2.0]

RoverDude

On 4 May 2016 at 3:23 AM, archarius said:

Is it me, or even after achieving neutral buoyancy sub can go out of control and spin like crazy? CoM is bang in the middle too.

Whell here is a link to a http://KSP Mods - USI Submarine Parts video but you need to have your side tanks empty but keep the middle one filled with ore!:P

Edited by Jeb-head-mug kerman

On 22/12/2015 at 0:16 AM, Thiagobs said:

Nice!!!

I didn't bother with the new water physics, but I'm giving a go with this cool sub!

I'm trying to reproduce this in my game but the arm broke just before the grabbler. The subb has not leads nor intake liquid. I d'not know why it broke, if you have an idea ?

11 hours ago, Electre said:

I'm trying to reproduce this in my game but the arm broke just before the grabbler. The subb has not leads nor intake liquid. I d'not know why it broke, if you have an idea ?

Try it with Kerbal Joint Reinforcement, it makes the connections stronger. I was using it at the time :)

6 hours ago, Thiagobs said:

Try it with Kerbal Joint Reinforcement, it makes the connections stronger. I was using it at the time :)

I've install it and failed too, i think it's because i haven't recover the old vehicule... need retry... :)

edit : retry, adjust max scale to all arm part, break again just at the grabbler joint. grr...

Edited by Electre

On 19/05/2016 at 5:37 AM, Electre said:

I've install it and failed too, i think it's because i haven't recover the old vehicule... need retry... :)

edit : retry, adjust max scale to all arm part, break again just at the grabbler joint. grr...

Maybe 1.1.2 wasn't so kind with that particular craft... I've built it on 1.0.5 :(

Maybe the config file needs changes but don't thinks so becaus cheats like unbrealable joint are useless...

I hope that's only a too big mass issue, after all, I'll use cranes and arms for little cargo tranfer in planet and big moving in space. (hoping better than this retry :D)

• 4 weeks later...

Well I still can't download it. I went to the github page, but since github sucks sometimes it doesn't let you download folders. What I would have to do is download each individual file, then re-create the folders.

Roverdude! Please post another link man!

2 hours ago, Raptor22 said:

Well I still can't download it. I went to the github page, but since github sucks sometimes it doesn't let you download folders. What I would have to do is download each individual file, then re-create the folders.

Roverdude! Please post another link man!

You're doing it wrong. Go to the releases section.

39 minutes ago, Raptor22 said:

Wait, Starwaster, are you talking about the catalog or what?

I'm talking about Github. You don't browse through it downloading individual files, you go to releases. I could just link you to that but you need to learn how Github works. Go to https://github.com/BobPalmer/SubPack

Look for the word releases. 20 commits, 2 branches, 7 releases, 2 contributors. Click on releases. Alternatively you'll note that there's a big green button that says Clone or Download. You would click on that if either there are no official releases or if you want to grab all the latest changes that have been committed but not yet been pushed into an official release.

Edited by Starwaster

You know what this needs? At least two things:

1. Underwater "RCS" thrusters.

2. KIS diving weights. I found that if you keep an anchor in the inventory, you'll weigh your Kerbal down enough to sink to the bottom

Here's something I built. I call it the Seaslug 1.

Edited by robotguy4
Added stuff

On 6/16/2016 at 7:20 PM, robotguy4 said:

You know what this needs? At least two things:

1. Underwater "RCS" thrusters.

2. KIS diving weights. I found that if you keep an anchor in the inventory, you'll weigh your Kerbal down enough to sink to the bottom

Here's something I built. I call it the Seaslug 1.

How did you get that thing to Val?