Real Space Program [Need Launch Controllers] [Launch 1/14/17]

ZooNamedGames

33 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

@legoclone09 how soon will the manned flight hardware (we must have a program, capsule, and rocket name this time) be ready?  No rush, but we should schedule maybe a week between finalizing the design and liftoff.

I'll try to have it by tonight for me (Pacific Standard), but my RO install broke so I have to reinstall. It definitely will be done by this Sunday, though.

12 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

My only issue with those ideas is the docking one. DMP does not do well with two controlled crafts in proximity, they jitter and spaz out erratically making docking impossible UNLESS one remains uncontrolled.

Aside from that all missions are doable if not already discussed :) . Thanks for the ideas though!

Why not launch one, or use hyperedit to put a Kerbaled (manned) orbital vehicle into orbit around 85k to 125k, then just have the other vehicle controlled...as you suggest here. This would be a great mission, in my opinion... Very challenging as well...

I will have a graphic for the Kerbaled mission we're planning. Just for giggles and grins, @ZooNamedGames, what's the name of the Kerbal you are planning to use? This is important for the mission patch design.

On the other project, started working on it...

1 minute ago, adsii1970 said:

Why not launch one, or use hyperedit to put a Kerbaled (manned) orbital vehicle into orbit around 85k to 125k, then just have the other vehicle controlled...as you suggest here. This would be a great mission, in my opinion... Very challenging as well...

Issue is one manned capsule would be put into coma for the duration. A Gemini 6A and 7 is not possible without flip flopping control or having one player leaving control of the craft.

Let's focus on our manned launch and our sooner unmanned mission first. Then we can focus on that.

5 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

I will have a graphic for the Kerbaled mission we're planning. Just for giggles and grins, @ZooNamedGames, what's the name of the Kerbal you are planning to use? This is important for the mission patch design.

On the other project, started working on it...

Can I use ZooNamed Kerman?

I have a little repository of the mission highlights.

Just now, AlextheBodacious said:

You don't need to be a control freak or anything.

Please calm down.  I'm not taking sides, but you do appear to be the one with the original control intent.  Now, please keep things civil, so we can keep doing missions.  I don't completely agree with ZooNamedGames, but it's starting to get out go hand.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.