Kerbalized Movie Quotes Megathread

Norpo

On January 19, 2016 at 1:23 PM, Dfthu said:

I'm sorry Jeb, Im afraid I can't do that.    2001 A space odyssey.

"Why not MechJeb?"

"I think you know as well as I do"

"Tell me MechJeb"

"This mission is to important to let your stunt flying mess it up"

Most of the younger set won't know this movie, and possibly much of the older set. I'm 45 and this is from when I was a kid. I'm also not sure which version is better...

The original quote fits as is....

"Go ahead, make my day!" - by "Dirty" Jebby Kallahan, to the launch ground crew.

OR, the more kerbalized version...

"Go ahead, make my rocket!" - to the VAB crew, maybe even to Wernher himself.

After looking up Dirty Harry on IMDB I was surprised just how many Dirty Harry movies there are, and how old. I must have watched the first few on VHS. I'd heard of most of them but didn't realize the newer ones (like Sudden Impact, which I don't think I've seen) were also Dirty Harry.

"Krakens.  Why did it have to be krakens."

Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark

"KSC, we have a probelem."

Apollo 13

"It will be 400 sols before they can send another manned mission, and I will run out of snacks long before then."

The Martian

Army of Darkness time!

"My name is Jeb, and I am a pilot..."

"Alright you primitive propellantheads, listen up! You see this? (points at rocket) This... is my boomstick!"

"Klaatu Barada Liftoff!"

"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the rocket."

"First you wanna launch me, now you wanna land me. Blow."

"Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't launchin' but two things, right now: Jack and spit... and Jack's on Eve".

Gene: "Are all you kerbonauts loud-mouthed braggarts?"
Jeb: "Nope. Just me baby... Just me"

(Jeb, after surviving an abort sequence) "Whoa. Wrong button."

"Buckle up Bob. 'Cause you're goin' for a ride!"

Wernher: "Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand alloys and propellants and things with... boosters"

(Jeb, after seeing the 5 kiloton rocket stack he's about to ride) "Groovy!"

Bob: I crashed into electrical towers and my star charts were erased. I need the ones in your head to complete my mission.

Jeb: So you need ME and my INFERIOR brain to fly that thing?

Bob: Correction, I need the SUPERIOR information in your INFERIOR brain to fly this... thing.

-Flight of the Navigator

"What was that??"

"Did you see that?"

"Was that the primary buffer panel!?"

"It did seem to resemble--"

"--did the primary buffer panel just fall off my--"

"--looks like!"

"I thought Bill just checked the entry couplings!"

"Well, if he doesn't get us some extra flow from the engine room to offset the burn-through, this landing is gonna get pretty interesting....."

"Define 'interesting'."

"'Oh, Kerb, oh Kerb, we're all gonna die'??"

<on intercom> "This is Bob. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence, and then......explode." <to Jebediah> "Can you shave the vector??"

"I'm doing it, it's not enough!"

"Just get us on the ground??"

"That part'll happen, pretty definitely......"

<in Hitchhiker Storage Container> "We're gonna explode?? I don't wanna explode!!!"

-- Serenity (and also five out of every six landings I attempt in KSP)

On ‎29‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 1:07 AM, StrandedonEarth said:

"Go ahead, make my rocket!" - to the VAB crew, maybe even to Wernher himself.

Funnily enough my first thought was:

Uh uh. I know what you're thinking. "Did he fit 6 boosters or only 5?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is an LFB KR-1x2, the most powerful booster in the world and would blow your capsule clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, Jeb?

Edited by RizzoTheRat

• 1 month later...

Wrong, sir! Wrong! Under section 22d of the EULA signed by him, it states quite clearly that all offers shall become null and void if - and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy - "Insults and threats, stalking or any other behavior construed to be of a potentially rude or otherwise harassing nature to/of other users, members of the mod team or members of Squad" et cetera, et cetera... Fax mentis, incendium gloria cultum, et cetera, et cetera... Memo bis punitor delicatum! It's all there! Black and white, clear as crystal! You WROTE jokes about Red Iron Crown! You INSULTED porkjet, who now has to be convinced to change his texture style back to normal, so you get... NOTHING!!! You LOSE! GOOD DAY, SIR!

-Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971), altered to imitate the forum Community Rules (and be ironic at the same time).:cool:

Edited by Matuchkin

Wernher von Kerman: There's a minimum charge of four dollars. Long-term launching charges by the day.

Jebediah Kerman: I guess you think you're... you know, like an authority figure, with that stupid VAB uniform, huh buddy? King clip-on-tie there, big booster man, huh? You know these are the limits of your life, man! The rule of your little space center here!

[gives the attendant the money]

Jebediah Kerman: Here's your four dollars, you pathetic piece of ore!

(Fargo, 1996)

"May the Thrust be with you" - Star Wars (all of them)

"I love the smell of monoprop in the morning!" - Apocalypse Now

"Toto, I've got a feeling we're not on Kerbin anymore..." and "There's no place like Duna." - The Wizard of Oz

"If you build it, Jeb will come." - Field of Dreams

"I feel the need—the need for (moar) speed!" - Top Gun

Edited by StrandedonEarth

"One point or another, the Kraken's going to go south on you. And you're going to say, "This is it. This is where my RAM ends." Now you can either accept that, or get to reporting it." ~~~The Martian

19 hours ago, Matuchkin said:

Wrong, sir! Wrong! Under section 22d of the EULA signed by him, it states quite clearly that all offers shall become null and void if - and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy - "Insults and threats, stalking or any other behavior construed to be of a potentially rude or otherwise harassing nature to/of other users, members of the mod team or members of Squad" et cetera, et cetera... Fax mentis, incendium gloria cultum, et cetera, et cetera... Memo bis punitor delicatum! It's all there! Black and white, clear as crystal! You WROTE jokes about Red Iron Crown! You INSULTED porkjet, who now has to be convinced to change his texture style back to normal, so you get... NOTHING!!! You LOSE! GOOD DAY, SIR!

-Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971), altered to imitate the forum Community Rules (and be ironic at the same time).:cool:

Goddamn, I can hear Gene Wilder's voice in my head reading that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.