2 mod that need to be added at Default game

There are actually very few mods (if any) that you'll get a unanimous vote for having them added to the core game.  I'd say the only sorts of mods that the whole community would be happy to see added are ones that add visual enhancements to the environment (ie: EVE, scatterer) and don't alter anything about how craft perform....but even then there will be grumbles from some.

I would really not like to have Kerbal R&D in the game, it doesn't appeal to me one bit, and while I could see the Autorove being useful it doesn't seem complete enough yet (i.e: doesn't track energy usage) to be a contender for adding to the core game.  But, even if it was suggested that [insert favourite mod here] was added to the core game, I would still be against it.  Why? Because I'd rather see the foundations of the game refined and optimized before anymore load/features are added and (no disrespect to Squad) but I think some mods are best left in the hands of their creators. 

6 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

IF anything, I would like to see Kerbal Engineer Redux (KER) added as a stock feature. This one plugin offers so much data during vehicle construction and in flight that it has almost become a necessity to me, as I am sure it has for many others.

A thousand times this. And not only the dV. Ap/Pe, time to Ap/Pe, TWR, vessel mass and probably some other essential stuff I forgot about.

15 minutes ago, AlamoVampire said:

Ker? Naw, mechjeb is better,

Shhhh, you'll get stoned!

Never tried KER, but I realized I'm using MJ for kinda' only the readouts these days. I love how I can just make a custom window from a plethora of optional data for specific phases of missions. Though I bet the engineer does the same. Though I'll never be able to let go Jeb's feature of making a node for a perfect circularization in one click.

22 hours ago, FungusForge said:

I'd say Kerbal Krash System (with some more development) and Alternate Resource Panel. KKS makes non-fatal crashes more than just "ehh, just scratched the paint" and ARP is just a superior resource panel.

That's what I meant with this topic, mods like Kerbal Krash System or Kerbal Mechanics can change the gameplay and make it less mathematical.

By now backup systems and safety margins are useless and only to user discretion.

Kerbal R&D can simulate a real progression in your space program and not only unlock new parts and autorove finally make useful rovers.

For me, without any doubt, it would be kOS. Not only does it allow you to display every information you would need, you can also program your own auto pilot. it also add a great education aspect to the game, which is clearly what Squad seem to like. It's almost as if they wanted us to do the math on our own. So let's program it ourselves! By this we learn math, physics and programming.

Moreover, the language used by kOS is a very easy one. I know it, I made my first steps into programming with it. I really advice it as it is a really fun mod and should be stock!

On 1/20/2016 at 10:18 AM, katateochi said:

There are actually very few mods (if any) that you'll get a unanimous vote for having them added to the core game.  I'd say the only sorts of mods that the whole community would be happy to see added are ones that add visual enhancements to the environment (ie: EVE, scatterer) and don't alter anything about how craft perform....but even then there will be grumbles from some.

Guess again, scatterer looks bad, not as bad is it did, it's getting better, but it is still a work in progress for a reason.

6 hours ago, Skylar' said:

in my opinion "Must be"  mods in original ksp. it's (KAS/KIS) sistem, K.E.Redux, Remote tech and TAC or USI life susport :)

Can you play without Kerbal Alarm System? Are you like training for a match against The Scott Manley? :0.0:
(Just kidding:D)

But seriously, I tried to play total stock beck when 1.0.5.1028 came out(got tired of my modded save limping and crashing), and the worst thing for me was missing maneuver nodes all the time. I tried doing all my missions a single ship at a time, and still i time-warped through aerocaptures and through SOI transitions...it felt like KSP rehab

Could seems stupid, but to me I would like to find two mods in default games : Stock Clamshell Fairings, and of course still leaving the choice to the players if they want true clamshell or confettis, and... TweakScale. I know it places the question about the hard work developpers had make, making available all these parts, but since the beginning I can't stand with the X-200 fuel tanks familly, to me it just looks like recycled heavy barrels and used multiples Jumbos or tweakscale S3s or even FL-Ts instead just to get a better looking creation while staying in a stockalike and low parts way of playing.

On 1/20/2016 at 2:06 PM, Badsector said:

The first 1 is Autorove

Autopilot for manned or unmanned rovers can really change in a more veritable space program

The second Kerbal R&D

Start with cheaper parts and after spent money or Science points for improve them

Autopilots like MechJeb and co should really belong into own category. Adding a part that adds autopilot to the game *does* make sense, but only at very late tech tree.

Kerbal RnD is useless for vanilla game, because you can sell your Science data for money with Administration policy.

Two things which should be added are: Kerbal Inventory System, Kerbal Attachment System, Kerbal Engineer Redux.
THOSE do make sense, because they expand the game possibilities and give user information+data about his rocket performance in factory and when flying.

But the number one thing to improve with KSP is THREADING. Its hitting draw call limits and physics start eating just one damn CPU core already with 200 parts.

People have usually 4-8 cores, could get 3x-6x better framerates+performance. But just 1 one used. Thats a bug number 1.

36 minutes ago, Blaarkies said:

Can you play without Kerbal Alarm System? Are you like training for a match against The Scott Manley? :0.0:
(Just kidding:D)

But seriously, I tried to play total stock beck when 1.0.5.1028 came out(got tired of my modded save limping and crashing), and the worst thing for me was missing maneuver nodes all the time. I tried doing all my missions a single ship at a time, and still i time-warped through aerocaptures and through SOI transitions...it felt like KSP rehab

oh yes, Kerbal Alarm System too... sometemes i even forgot that it's mod :D I've noticed too, the bug abuot nodes changing after time warp in interplanetary transfer. it's possible to avoid this with manual time warping. :) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.