Maritime Pack & Submarine Pack 2.0 Dev Page

BT Industries

Maritime Pack  

151 members have voted

1. 1. What type of boats should this mod be focused on?

• Naval
    • Commercial
    • Civilian Crafts
    • Naval, Commercial Mix
    • Civilian Crafts, Commercial Mix
    • Naval, Civilian Crafts Mix
    • A Mix of All

Just now, renoplane said:

You could base it off of the yacht parts, and give it very good laboratory capabilities. Also, maybe maritime science experiments?   

Maritime science experiments, I like this idea very much.

If you have any ideas on the sorts of experiments you would like post them here or send a PM.

(Just wanted to say that I will be focusing on updating and other features first, so don't get to excited)

3 minutes ago, BT Industries said:

Maritime science experiments, I like this idea very much.

If you have any ideas on the sorts of experiments you would like post them here or send a PM.

(Just wanted to say that I will be focusing on updating and other features first, so don't get to excited)

Well, maybe some large drills for collecting core samples in shallow-ish water. A net for collecting aquatic life, sort of like this. A crane for an ROV or Roverdude's Otter submersibles would also be great. 

I really appreciate you reviving and improving this already awesome pack, I hope it is going well so far.

15 minutes ago, renoplane said:

Well, maybe some large drills for collecting core samples in shallow-ish water. A net for collecting aquatic life, sort of like this. A crane for an ROV or Roverdude's Otter submersibles would also be great. 

Great ideas,

I hadn't thought of the crane or the ROV.

15 minutes ago, renoplane said:

I really appreciate you reviving and improving this already awesome pack, I hope it is going well so far.

Its is going great, Thank for the support.

The #1 experimental equipment for an oceanographic vessel is a CTD.

The primary measurements it gathers are temperature and salinity at different depths, often charted like this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temperature_salinity_diagrams?wprov=sfla1

You can also have drag nets to sample algae, and a Secchi disc, which would be an EVA experiment!

Edited by colmo

1 minute ago, colmo said:

The #1 experimental equipment for an oceanographic vessel is a CTD.

The primary measurements it gathers are temperature and salinity at different depths, often charted like this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temperature_salinity_diagrams?wprov=sfla1

You can also have drag nets to sample algae, and a Secchi disc, which would be an EVA experiment!

Thanks for the idea

Yes work is going nicely I have a working buoyancy system and have started working on adding other features/learning.

On 17/03/2016 at 11:58 AM, BT Industries said:

At the moment we are putting a team together.

I have started working on updating the mod.

Releases will be done on a boat by boat basis starting with the pleasure craft.

Banner1.jpg

Dont expect an official release before 1.1 though.

1 hour ago, ThatOneBritishGuy... said:

Is there anything you can physically show us?

From what i understand, the parts will remain the same, probably with additions or modifications, and set to work in 1.1 once it us released. Currently however, there will be a waiting game until 1.1 releases and all plugin(firespitter) and other compatibility will need to be updated. No one really knows what squad will mess with, so it doesn't make sense to do a whole lot until they release.

1 hour ago, ThatOneBritishGuy... said:

Is there anything you can physically show us?

The parts will look the same so you will have seen them before (except for some new switchable textures).

I can not update any parts with animation until 1.1 because of Unity 5

1 minute ago, JTpopcorn said:

From what i understand, the parts will remain the same, probably with additions or modifications, and set to work in 1.1 once it us released. Currently however, there will be a waiting game until 1.1 releases and all plugin(firespitter) and other compatibility will need to be updated. No one really knows what squad will mess with, so it doesn't make sense to do a whole lot until they release.

Exactly sorry for the wait though :(

Firespitter will no longer be a dependency unless you want to be able to switch textures.

The mod will pretty much work by itself unless you want extra features like sinking and texture switching.

The mod will have a bunch of MM patches to check what other mods  you have installed and add features to parts accordingly. 

12 hours ago, BT Industries said:

Firespitter will no longer be a dependency unless you want to be able to switch textures.

Isn't firespitter needed for the propellers or paddle to spin?

Speaking of spinning stuff, a spiny naval radar thing would be cool. And I agree a science lab would make sense.

5 hours ago, JTpopcorn said:

Isn't firespitter needed for the propellers or paddle to spin?

Speaking of spinning stuff, a spiny naval radar thing would be cool. And I agree a science lab would make sense.

Totally forgot about the paddle and propellers.

Channel 77, please!
GD!
So here is some news for you.

1) Sorry, no release before 1.1. On other side, we have some time to work.
2) We are looking for realistic model of ships behavior. I even found manual and ship's stability plan from my last vessel.
3) I need a profile picture :P Can somebody draw me an "Admiral S. Kerman", please. :)

And, as I think, we REALLY need some guys, who will help us to make this mod.

Back to channel 16.

Edited by Sumimoto

2 hours ago, Sumimoto said:

Channel 77, please!
GD!
So here is some news for you.

1) Sorry, no release before 1.1. On other side, we have some time to work.
2) We are looking for realistic model of ships behavior. I even found manual and ship's stability plan from my last vessel.
3) I need a profile picture :P Can somebody draw me an "Admiral S. Kerman", please. :)

And, as I think, we REALLY need some guys, who will help us to make this mod.

Back to channel 16.

I'm willing to assist, but I would really like to do said help on GitHub.

Also, @BT Industries - that picture you're linking to in the OP is linking to a site that is banned from the forums, and illegal.  You might want to download it and upload it to imgur.

Edited by Guest

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.