Devnote Tuesday: 'Super' Tuesday!

SQUAD

Nice work guys, I'm really looking forward to 1.1.

Clamshell fairing option!  Nice, though I never thought the confetti type were an issue the clamshells do look better and I'll use them.

The search function looks cool, and I'm looking forward to nosing around in KSPedia too.

Now all I need to do is persuade my wife to go away for a couple of weeks around the end of March :D

Experimental this week.  Man that rings all the good bells.

I better start working (finishing) on all these custom parts I've been playing with for the last few months, clean them up, bundle them together and create my own pack.  Looks like K-Day is approaching and I want to be ready.

Thanks for all the hard work guys, I've been looking for this one since 0.24.2 when I begun using mods

55 minutes ago, SQUAD said:

also found some time to implement a stock option for clamshell fairings, allowing you to select those over the ‘confetti’ style fairings that we see now.

FINALLY!  Christ, confetti fairings should have never been a thing to begin with...

55 minutes ago, SQUAD said:

Bill (Taniwha) has fixed an issue where extremely long-lived saves would produce negative dates. They should need be good for 142 million (Earth) years before we run into similar issues.

*\o/*

1 hour ago, SQUAD said:

Brian (Arsonide) also pitched in and made the search algorithm look for certain partmodules. The results speak for themselves, as this picture clearly shows.

Wow.

1 hour ago, SQUAD said:

Nathanael (NathanKell) added a flag in the code which allows for negative funds and science, which defaults to off, and also found some time to implement a stock option for clamshell fairings, allowing you to select those over the ‘confetti’ style fairings that we see now.

Yeehaw! 

1 hour ago, SQUAD said:

heat could be created or destroyed when moving resources from one part to another: they now take their heat with them properly.

But will the lower thermal mass of an empty fuel tank be modeled properly?

1 hour ago, SQUAD said:

Kerbals no longer become uncontrollable when crashing them while they’re seated in an external command chair,

YEEESSSS!!!

1 hour ago, SQUAD said:

and fixed the copying of action groups for symmetrical parts, and improved the way gizmos work with nested symmetry groups.

Stop it!

1 hour ago, SQUAD said:

the uncertainty the editor had when stack-attaching thin parts to other thin parts (for example a battery to a probe core) has not escaped his attention and has also been addressed.

No, really, stop it! 

Edited by Mad Rocket Scientist

Can someone explain the protovessel part about saving or what have the nots?  I dont even know what a protovessel is :(

And much laughs about the negative UTC time bug. I just got that bug last night!  I was like nooooooooooooooooooooo. I felt my kerbals were growing younger until they become a space infant. Glag to see someone found that bug in the nick of time!  Thanks for your hard work guys!

3 minutes ago, lextacy said:

Can someone explain the protovessel part about saving or what have the nots?  I dont even know what a protovessel is :(

A protovessel is what a vessel is mashed up into before we plop it into your save file. Adding events when saving and loading them lets modders (and us) modify them with custom data as they are being saved or loaded. In general, it makes the life of modders and developers easier, which means they can do things faster, which is a great thing for you guys.

4 minutes ago, lextacy said:

For instance, asteroids would be protovessels.  There were some really dumb tricks modders used to have to do in order to capture newly generated asteroids or generate new ones, now we have an event that tells us one showed up.  This massively simplifies mods that may want to put asteroids places like, oh, say, an ASTEROID BELT, or generate Joolian trojans, or even create asteroids in a different solar system instead of having every single one show up on a Kerbin intercept.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.