[1.1.3] Large Boat Parts Pack

Laythe2

Thanks man! Already expended my likes for the day :)

When I get one built again, I'll see if it makes a bit more sense this time round, or if I have questions, I'll post some screenies here. Honestly when I found the mod, it was in a flurry of late night mod installing right after I started playing the game again, so I wasn't even sure it had a forum thread, and only discovered it is your mod and this thread today.

Great stuff! Given that, as you say, it wasn't really meant to be part of the game, it works amazingly well :)

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

I dont plan on leaving much as it is

Glad to hear it! Don't get me wrong, I love what Laythe created here, but it always had a lot of room for improvement! Looking forward to it!

7 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

Glad to hear it! Don't get me wrong, I love what Laythe created here, but it always had a lot of room for improvement! Looking forward to it!

The only thing he asked me to do when i took over was go mad and make this mod all it can be. He was acutely aware that it was a blank canvas that he did not have the time or skill to fill in how he'd have liked.

SO everybody wins, I get my ship mod, without needing to start from scratch, Laythe gets to see his baby grow (because no matter what i do, it will still at heart be the mod he created), and you rabble get some half decent ship parts to play with.

Happy that you're happy about it  :

And just because I can, having just staged my first TEN (the should flash red really) active ships fight, I deserve the right to display an irrelevant image,  all fought until none remained, the last shot was from the bow gun of one of the below as it disappeared below the waves, I'm definitely setting it up again and catching it on video.

dXi1QuJ.png

Just now, Bitrefresh said:

May i present to you, the Admiral Hipper Class Heavy Cruiser, Admiral Hipper

That is very smart indeed, (but does remind me how much i need to fix that deck texture} I very much like the image of the ship against the skyline. Best time for ship shots is (with all the mods to make the world pretty is just as the sun goes down, but before it's gone completely, you can get some beautiful skies

2 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

That is very smart indeed, (but does remind me how much i need to fix that deck texture} I very much like the image of the ship against the skyline. Best time for ship shots is (with all the mods to make the world pretty is just as the sun goes down, but before it's gone completely, you can get some beautiful skies

definitely

i suggest having proprietary parts like, Bismarck Class Bow, Bismark Class Hull, Bismarck Class Stern etc. the aim of the mod is low part count, my Hipper is striking 270, thankfully my PC can comfortably run it at 120 fps

One question I do have that I'll stick in here:

How do you "launch" the actual ships? Do they spawn on the runway or do you have to setup a "port" or something?

I have several mods that add base building type stuff so keeping straight what does what is a bit challenging at the beginning.

2 minutes ago, Diche Bach said:

How do you "launch" the actual ships? Do they spawn on the runway or do you have to setup a "port" or something?

I have several mods that add base building type stuff so keeping straight what does what is a bit challenging at the beginning.

read the post above AND the one below

I use both methods although I favour the first , but right now I've broken KK somehow(help) so right now  I'm using vessel mover too. Notes on vessel mover.  don't launch a heavy ship to the runway without lots of launch clamps, other wise you will destroy the runway and possibly the ship as well.  Once launched, select vessel mover and  select  move vessel, the launch clamps will automatically detach. proceed to water, grin :)

AH yes just read back a bit, things move fast in here so i forget where we are up to sometimes.

SO i mentioned  a few days ago that missiles launching from VLS tubes may cause an issue with the upcoming HullBreach Feature, as they are known to transfer heat to launchers

Every missile I've tested has worked perfectly (and i have a large selection to choose from these days)  and there have been no heating related issues , SO i think it's safe to say, forget i mentioned it, it's a non problem.

2 hours ago, Diche Bach said:

Vessel Mover Continued

didnt see your question was already answered sorry

Edited by Bitrefresh

Ladies and Gentlemen, the latest Large Boat Parts Mod version is now available on SpaceDock

AS you may be aware if you are a regular visitor that I have for this update made and reworked many parts. You will find, several new hull types. with new features. The carrier parts and lifts. New bridge parts. The custom hull and superstructure sections to take the MalFunc Weaponry  MK41 Launchers.  Funnels, and really so much it's all a bit of a blur.

There are so many parts to this little update it  should keep the creative juices flowing into the long dark nights.

mYk3wZ9.png?1

Spoiler

Some images from development of this update

TkpFRo5.png

5e5AmOU.png

ETZEq4J.png

mrwjNZU.png

HKiYsGv.png

qQwRmFd.gif

WenFZJo.png

KafTqum.png

WQxg47x.png

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

1 hour ago, CaptainOvbious said:

Is anyone else having issues with the aircraft lifts not connecting properly on the left side of the aircraft carrier and is there any fix for this

Hi no fix right now, they are very new and awkward, the best way to deal with them is to surface mount the lift in the approximate area and the using the offset tool drag the lifts correctly into position,

@SpannerMonkey(smce): These are great additions! Now you need a hangar without a bottom that can go over the hull section with the elevator so you can raise/lower stuff from a deck hangar! :D

And I need a mk 110 57mm gun.. and a bushmaster turret. I need a lot of things, actually. Haha

Edited by XOC2008

Hey, i think I got a bug from the sinking plugin. I suddenly get a warning about destruction at a certain depth while I'm still on the surface, and suddenly my ship explodes. Is this the proper place for discussion of the plugin? Spacedock sends me here.

On 2016/9/9 at 0:49 AM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Strangely 40 was a number that worked, two banks of 20 though  it's actually 80 nodes as it will hold the Half length quad tubes also. so a double set of nodes, having done one at 40 I'm going to say thats the maximum size, as placing and naming all the nodes, and then entering them in all in a cfg is just absolutely thrilling. (over 90% of the 600 ish cfg lines are related to the mounting nodes alone)

This is the first version and will likely make the update, although it's likely to be replaced soon after,  converted from the round tube VLS, the dimensions are not perfect but perfectly serviceable, Don't scale it unless you want a major headache with the nodes, and placement of missiles.  I robustly advise building one up and making it a sub assembly , as placing the tubes is something you don't want to have to do every time.

qZ8bznD.gif

u6hTcVK.png?1

vDPRGHV.png?1

Thank you very much , i think this part is good

13 hours ago, cavilier210 said:

Hey, i think I got a bug from the sinking plugin. I suddenly get a warning about destruction at a certain depth while I'm still on the surface, and suddenly my ship explodes. Is this the proper place for discussion of the plugin? Spacedock sends me here.

Hi, the sinking plugin is still an unreleased feature for LBP , so technically that which you have tested is not ready for general use with LBP or SMM. The balancing and the cfg are still very much in development and unless @gomker has sneaked ahead of where i am with the balancing then i doubt that you have anything other than outdated and incorrect patch details.

I have opened an issue on gitub regarding the crushable contamination of other vessels that are afloat and undamaged as i have also noticed problems

https://github.com/gomker/HullBreach/issues/7

3 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

No version bump?

Yes but I cannot alter the OP of the post

8 hours ago, BF2_Pilot said:

Thank you very much , i think this part is good

Cheers, the next version will be cleaner and likely to carry a couple more tubes. (maybe 16 more)

9 hours ago, Bitrefresh said:

Wish me luck :/

Oh yes lots of it.   In other news SMM will be switching over to just making the structural parts for this mod, so all the masts platforms, walkways and stairways will be available, so we can finally start putting some detail into our builds

Spoiler

SMM in LBP grey

jg02Ndy.png

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)