[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

39 minutes ago, Nils277 said:
  • The other option is the current one, where the greenhouse uses no waste and the algae farm only the waste from the kerbals. This leaves us in a situation where we need a constant resupply of water and have to dump a lot of waste, but the base can at least be self-sufficient on certain planets.

Best option. Vent poo into space. :sticktongue:

41 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

D'oh! Totally forgot that this thing also has recyclers. Will have to fix this in the next update. (maaaan, will this constant fixing ever end?:/)

That is why you have us guinea pig testers.

11 hours ago, YaniSahnoun said:

...I used your download links and dragged the gamedata from your zip file to my ksp file...

Just a hunch, but it could be that you have an installation issue. Could you perhaps provide us with screenshots of your GameData and Kerbal Space Program folders? Just upload the screenshots to a file/image sharing site like imgur and post the links here. If it's just a case of something being copied over incorrectly, it should be easy to remedy.

4 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Yeah, the waste is the big problem:

• The first option would be to also use all the waste that is produced by the water purifier for all the greenhouses and the algae farm. But this would cause a lot of problems when a water drill produces enough water that the purifier would not need to work. This will lead to the situation where we run out of Waste and the Kerbals therefore starve because no food can be produced.
  • The other option is the current one, where the greenhouse uses no waste and the algae farm only the waste from the kerbals. This leaves us in a situation where we need a constant resupply of water and have to dump a lot of waste, but the base can at least be self-sufficient on certain planets.
  • The best option would be if the drills actually would be able to "mine" WasteWater instead of water. Therefore more water can be recycled and there is enough waste produced by the water purifier. This unfortunately is not possible because i want this mod to be mostly compatible with CRP and wastewater is not defined as mineable there.
  • Have Kerbals use 'PurifiedWater' instead of Water.  (Actually, if you're modeling it I suspect the 'realistic' solution would be to have four waters: MinedWater, PurifiedWater, GreyWater, BlackWater.)  Though I'm guessing that's not something that is within the scope of this mod.
  • Mine Hydrates instead of Water.  They are also a CRP resource, and then you can have the purifier or something turn that into whichever water is best.  (But it's base-breaking if you just replace the current drills, as the distributions of Water and Hydrates are independent.)

Just other immediate options that came to mind.

12 minutes ago, DStaal said:
  • Have Kerbals use 'PurifiedWater' instead of Water.  (Actually, if you're modeling it I suspect the 'realistic' solution would be to have four waters: MinedWater, PurifiedWater, GreyWater, BlackWater.)  Though I'm guessing that's not something that is within the scope of this mod.
  • Mine Hydrates instead of Water.  They are also a CRP resource, and then you can have the purifier or something turn that into whichever water is best.  (But it's base-breaking if you just replace the current drills, as the distributions of Water and Hydrates are independent.)

Just other immediate options that came to mind.

Option one would mean that I change the machanics of TAC-LS and therefore would break any other mod that supports it too...This wouldn't be the best idea.

Breaking all existing bases would also be bad. Also I would need to convert hydrates to water and waste,which is kinda redundand :wink:

Edited by Nils277

7 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Option one would mean that I change the machanics of TAC-LS and therefore would break any other mod that supports it too...This wouldn't be the best idea.

Breaking all existing bases would also be bad. Also I would need to convert hydrates to water and waste,which is kinda redundand :wink:

Keep it simple.

2 hours ago, luxorpt said:

Here is my log file.
The mod was updated yesterday and as such the file has this date.

log file is here

Thanks!

Just to be sure:

Is only Laboratory is Missing or also Greenhouse?

I can't find any errors for both parts in your log. So what error message do you get exactly, when you try to load a saved game?

Do you get a message like this?:

Vessel Loading Error
Vessel 'Vessel name' was not loaded because
it had the following parts missing:
KKAOSS.Science.g

If yes, what parts are listed there as missing?

If this is not the case, are the parts just not available in the editor?

Last Question: Have you used CKAN for the installation? If yes, delete it and install it by hand to verify that this is not the fault of CKAN.

Edited by Nils277

Question at everyone using TAC-LS :

1. I found a way to give the Water Purifier a higher priority than the water drill. Therefore it would be possible to revert the greenhouses to use Waster and Water instead of WasteWater. This would drastically reduce both the need for new Water and the production of Waste. Do you want to use this system again? It wouldn't break any existing base I think.

2. I defined that hydrogen is available in the atmosphere of Eve to be able to 'mine' it with the Airfilter. This however is not compliant with CRP. Now I just read yesterday that certain kinds of algaes do produce hydrogen. It would therefore be possible to add it as a byproduct of the Algae Container. Would this be a valid option for you to have a self sustaining base on eve?

11 hours ago, luxorpt said:

Both are missing (laboratory and stove).

They are installed by CKAN

KPBS does not have a part called 'stove'

Do you get the error message i posted above, or are they just missing in the VAB/SPH? I really need this info to figure out,what goes wrong.

Please uninstall KPBS with CKAN and also delete any remaining 'PlanetaryBaseInc' folder from the GameData directory. Afterwards please install KPBS manually from one of the downloads from the OP. I suspect it is an installation error from CKAN

If this does not help: What are the names of the Nodes in the TechTree where the Parts are unlocked? And have you installed CTT after you unlocked the Parts?

Edited by Nils277

Update to 1.3.8!

Changelog:

Update for KSP 1.2.2

• Recompiled plugin dll

General:

• Updated CRP version

Enhancements

• Various comfort changes to the tweakables of some PartModules
  • You can now set whether all parts are shown in one Function Filter category in the difficulty settings
  • Updated KSPedia entries for the settings

Mod Support:

• The conversion speed of the Converter for TAC-LS are now tweakable
  • Adjusted the filter for the Central Hub for TAC-LS (they were forgotten)
  • Reverted Greenhouse back to use the original resources Waste and Water instead of WasteWater
  • Reduced amount of hydrogen in EVEs atmosphere. (The amount before would have disastreous effects in reality)

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed rare NRE Spam for Converter
  • Reduced fertilizer amount of Greenhouses for TAC-LS (they had way more than the dedicaded container)
  • The KIS Ground Plate is now available again in the VAB/SPH in the Structural Category and the KIS Item Category

Download:

MRispXN.pngcNJI52O.png rMKWvsX.png

The cheat sheet as also updated (again)

TAC-LS Spreadsheet

Edited by Nils277

33 minutes ago, damonvv said:

1.3.8 supports KSP 1.2.1? (Updating mods but I don't want to update KSP yet)

Yes, it should support KSP 1.2.1. There were no changes i had to make for it to run in KSP 1.2.2.

1 hour ago, Nils277 said:

Yes, it should support KSP 1.2.1. There were no changes i had to make for it to run in KSP 1.2.2.

unsure why iI get these (KSP 1.2.2)

[ERR 12:14:03.485] [RESOURCES] - Error in - BaseConverter_GetDeltaTime - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PlanetarySurfaceStructures.PlanetaryGreenhouse.PrepareRecipe (Double deltatime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at BaseConverter.GetBestDeltaTime (Double deltaTime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at BaseConverter.GetDeltaTime () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Edited by LatiMacciato

8 minutes ago, LatiMacciato said:

unsure why iI get these (KSP 1.2.2)

[ERR 12:14:03.485] [RESOURCES] - Error in - BaseConverter_GetDeltaTime - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PlanetarySurfaceStructures.PlanetaryGreenhouse.PrepareRecipe (Double deltatime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at BaseConverter.GetBestDeltaTime (Double deltaTime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at BaseConverter.GetDeltaTime () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

D'oh! Forgot to add the check i added to the Converter also to the Greenhouse...:/

23 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Question at everyone using TAC-LS :

1. I found a way to give the Water Purifier a higher priority than the water drill. Therefore it would be possible to revert the greenhouses to use Waster and Water instead of WasteWater. This would drastically reduce both the need for new Water and the production of Waste. Do you want to use this system again? It wouldn't break any existing base I think.

2. I defined that hydrogen is available in the atmosphere of Eve to be able to 'mine' it with the Airfilter. This however is not compliant with CRP. Now I just read yesterday that certain kinds of algaes do produce hydrogen. It would therefore be possible to add it as a byproduct of the Algae Container. Would this be a valid option for you to have a self sustaining base on eve?

KPBS does not have a part called 'stove'

Do you get the error message i posted above, or are they just missing in the VAB/SPH? I really need this info to figure out,what goes wrong.

Please uninstall KPBS with CKAN and also delete any remaining 'PlanetaryBaseInc' folder from the GameData directory. Afterwards please install KPBS manually from one of the downloads from the OP. I suspect it is an installation error from CKAN

If this does not help: What are the names of the Nodes in the TechTree where the Parts are unlocked? And have you installed CTT after you unlocked the Parts?

Sorry ... but was the auto-complete system:
"Stove" ... it's greengarden

The rest of the response will be indicated later when you have access to the PC.

On 12.12.2016 at 9:48 AM, luxorpt said:

I deleted the folder and then re-installed it (not CKAN).
The laboratory became available.
I have not yet found the greenhouse, not even in the sandbox mode. 
But the algae and related parts are available

Hmm, this is weird, it should be there. Can you go into sandbox and post a screenshot of the "Life Support" category? Maybe there is something else missing, we are not aware of yet, that could give us a clue.....

20 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Hi,
I have a question: is it possible to use this mod with TAC-LS without USI-LS's resources. 

What do you mean with "without USI-LS's resources"? The only resource these two mods now have in common is the Fertilizer for the Greenhouse. And this resource is commonly used for TAC-LS with a greenhouse, e.g. Pathfinder.

Edited by Nils277

2 hours ago, Nils277 said:

What do you mean with "without USI-LS's resources"? The only resource these two mods now have in common is the Fertilizer for the Greenhouse. And this resource is commonly used for TAC-LS with a greenhouse, e.g. Pathfinder.

No, but there are also mulch and supplies that are useless because I don't use USI-LS.

Edited by Adam_