[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

2 hours ago, Agustin said:

Does this mod work well if I have USI /MKS and Extraplanetary Launchpads installed?  (ksp 1.2.2) 

Both mods do work when installed at the same time. There ia no real interoperability though. There is a patch by @ibanix, @DStaal and @tsaven as pointed out in the OP, but I don't know if it still works with all the changes MKS has undergone in the last time. 

Support for Extraplanetary Launchpads is still being worked on.

23 hours ago, Tarquinn said:

Thanks for the reply. I seem to have fixed this myself. When I was getting the details about the mods you asked for, I finally noticed a GameData directory in the GameData directory with extra junk in it. Deleted it and problem solved.

I love this mod. Please keep it going.

Thanks for the info, good that the problem is solved.

7 hours ago, Agustin said:

Does this mod work well if I have USI /MKS and Extraplanetary Launchpads installed?  (ksp 1.2.2) Does this break EL or something?

EL doesn't require any changes for compatibility, KPBS and EL both do pretty different things so they're not really related.  There's some custom patches that I use that do give survey station capabilities to a couple of KPBS parts, but it's not necessary.

USI-LS and USK-MKS support is a slightly more complicated beast.  MKS is focused on refining and manufacturing, so while there aren't any parts for KPBS that are used for it there is nothing to prevent them from working together.  USI-LS does have functional support, but the balances are pretty out of wack when used with MKS's recent update.  Some parts are way over-powered, some drastically under-powered.  I'm planning on doing a re-write of USI-LS/KPBS once RD releases balance guidelines for USI-LS, but we're not sure when that'll be.

I'm attempting to build a planetary base using TAC Life Support, but I'm running into an issue.

I'm not sure the PBS water purifier is working as intended. The purifier says "running at 5%" and never changes, but also doesn't appear to do any changes. I've tried putting 3 of the purifiers on a base holding 3 kerbals and the base still seems to accumulate waste water, and doesn't produce water.

I've tried removing all my mods and configs to see if there is a conflict and no dice. Only mods I have installed are TAC, PBS and Hyperedit.

EDIT: I've just created a very basic ship with a command pod, solar panel, battery and a purifier; and it works. I'm now unsure why it's working in some circumstances and not in others, so I'll do some testing.

EDIT: Okay it seems that the purifier only runs at 5% if an Engineer is not present. It I have an engineer onboard it works perfectly. Is this intended behaviour? I'm testing in Sandbox, by the way.

Edited by Rayder

1 hour ago, Rayder said:

I'm attempting to build a planetary base using TAC Life Support, but I'm running into an issue.

I'm not sure the PBS water purifier is working as intended. The purifier says "running at 5%" and never changes, but also doesn't appear to do any changes. I've tried putting 3 of the purifiers on a base holding 3 kerbals and the base still seems to accumulate waste water, and doesn't produce water.

I've tried removing all my mods and configs to see if there is a conflict and no dice. Only mods I have installed are TAC, PBS and Hyperedit.

EDIT: I've just created a very basic ship with a command pod, solar panel, battery and a purifier; and it works. I'm now unsure why it's working in some circumstances and not in others, so I'll do some testing.

EDIT: Okay it seems that the purifier only runs at 5% if an Engineer is not present. It I have an engineer onboard it works perfectly. Is this intended behaviour? I'm testing in Sandbox, by the way.

I would direct that question into the TAC thread, as that's something specific to the mechanics of TAC and rather that something about KPBS.

Just now, tsaven said:

I would direct that question into the TAC thread, as that's something specific to the mechanics of TAC and rather that something about KPBS.

I did consider that, but the reason I posted it here was because it was concerning a part that KPBS adds: the K&K Water Purifier Container.

15 hours ago, Rayder said:

I did consider that, but the reason I posted it here was because it was concerning a part that KPBS adds: the K&K Water Purifier Container.

Yes, but KPBS doesn't actually do anything to the mechanics of TAC.  It's just a parts pack with some MM configs, requirements for how the mechanics of it operate are (probably) all parts of TAC.

I am wrong, apparently.

Edited by tsaven

1 hour ago, EssjayC said:

Is this working with Kerbalism 1.1.7 right now? I just made a fresh install and don't want to mess it up by trying. D: My hard drive can't take any more copying of KSP... haha

KPBS was updated to work with Kerbalism 1.1.5. The versions 1.1.6 and 1.1.7 were Bugfix updated for Kerbalism. So long story short, i think it should work :wink:

Edited by Nils277

I ran into two issues with contracts related to this mod.

1) I had a vessel with a K&K ISRU which was not fullfilling the 'Have an ISRU conversion unit on the outpost' requirement of my contract.

I found this earlier in the thread (see below). Using it did not fix it because the contract was already active, but I assume it would work properly for new contracts. I fixed my issue by manually editing the contract in my savefile to add "KKAOSS_ISRU_g" in the valid part names. Anyway, I guess this should be added to the release:

On 26/05/2016 at 6:51 AM, ShotgunNinja said:

I haven't tested it, but this should make the KPBS converters count as ISRU for the contract system:

@Contracts
{
  @Base
  {
    @PART_REQUEST[#Part[ISRU]]
    {
      Part = KKAOSS_ISRU_g
    }
    @CREW_REQUEST[#Part[ISRU]]
    {
      Part = KKAOSS_ISRU_g
    }
  }
  @Station
  {
    @PART_REQUEST[#Part[ISRU]]
    {
      Part = KKAOSS_ISRU_g
    }
    @CREW_REQUEST[#Part[ISRU]]
    {
      Part = KKAOSS_ISRU_g
    }
  }
}

2) I was offered a contract that asked "Have a part on the outpost", without specifying which part I need. Looking into the save file, I found this: 

PARAM
				{
					name = PartRequestParameter
					state = Incomplete
					values = 0,0,0,0,0
					article = a
					partDescription = part
					vesselDescription = outpost
					partNames = KKAOSS_Greenhouse_g|KKAOSS_LS_container_greenhouse
				}

I'm guessing those parts are missing something in their config to have a proper description for these kind of contracts.

P.S.: Awesome mod, my bases never looked that good!

15 hours ago, Samapico said:

I ran into two issues with contracts related to this mod.

1) I had a vessel with a K&K ISRU which was not fullfilling the 'Have an ISRU conversion unit on the outpost' requirement of my contract.

I found this earlier in the thread (see below). Using it did not fix it because the contract was already active, but I assume it would work properly for new contracts. I fixed my issue by manually editing the contract in my savefile to add "KKAOSS_ISRU_g" in the valid part names. Anyway, I guess this should be added to the release:

2) I was offered a contract that asked "Have a part on the outpost", without specifying which part I need. Looking into the save file, I found this: 

PARAM
				{
					name = PartRequestParameter
					state = Incomplete
					values = 0,0,0,0,0
					article = a
					partDescription = part
					vesselDescription = outpost
					partNames = KKAOSS_Greenhouse_g|KKAOSS_LS_container_greenhouse
				}

I'm guessing those parts are missing something in their config to have a proper description for these kind of contracts.

P.S.: Awesome mod, my bases never looked that good!

Hmm, i thought i had added the patch from ShotgunNinja for the ISRU and so on. Will check if i made something wrong there.

To the second: This is a contract to have a greenhouse at the base. This is a contract KPBS adds itself. Maybe i made mistake there or the way this is defined has changed in one of the updates of KSP. Will check and fix this. 

On 1/1/2017 at 1:47 AM, omelaw said:

I want to use this bus I have no idea for how to assamble a base on mun. do you have any suggestion for how to assamble this thing in site? kas?

KAS works as long as you bring a bunch of Kerbals along, as most of the parts will require 3-4 of them to move/attach.

You can also assemble on-site using the included docking ports and wheels, by driving them around to each other.  I personally try to land the bases all as a single part, using the lander engines so helpfully provided in the mod.

Hi.

Have you changed the way to deploy Hab 2, Science and Greenhouse?

I have upgraded since I last used your mod. Currently on 1.2 and 1.2.2 but right clicking doesn't give the option to deploy anymore. They all load ok and the greenhouse allows me to do plant growth studies. Also when adding thing to the action groups the option to deploy is not there  either.

Only running MechJeb and Docking Alignment. All files are up to date and running latest module manager.

Thanks

Space Monkey 117

7 hours ago, Space-Monkey said:

Hi.

Have you changed the way to deploy Hab 2, Science and Greenhouse?

I have upgraded since I last used your mod. Currently on 1.2 and 1.2.2 but right clicking doesn't give the option to deploy anymore. They all load ok and the greenhouse allows me to do plant growth studies. Also when adding thing to the action groups the option to deploy is not there  either.

Only running MechJeb and Docking Alignment. All files are up to date and running latest module manager.

Thanks

Space Monkey 117

There were no changes for the Hab etc.

Here's a short checklist to find the problem:

• What version of KPBS are you using? Make sure the version of this mod you are using is compatible with your version of KSP.
  • Installation:
    • When you have installed this mod with CKAN: Please uninstall it with CKAN and then reinstall it manually to exclude bugs causes by CKAN
    • When you have installed it manually: Have you deleted the old version of this mod before installing the new one? If not, please remove all folder of this mod from the GameData directory and reinstall the mod. There might be duplicate plugins conflicting with each other.
  • If the other points to not help, please post the Log file of KSP. I'm not able to see what goes wrong otherwise. (See the OP for instructions on the log file)

Hi Nils277,

first of all. AWESOME mod. I really ...really ... love it. It looks very professional and I cannot congratulate you more.

I have a recommendation that you may like or not.

I noticed that id you have crew inside the laboratory, you cannot "Retract" it.

It would be fun to be able to "Retract" the laboratory, even if there are staff in it. BUT you would not be able to process anything with it, it would simply hold the staff while retracted.

The reason why I am proposing this is because it would let us design smaller vehicle.

My vehicle as the Cupola and the Lab. So I am carrying around 3 kerbals, but I always have to move around while the lab is deployed. I would like to keep it retracted while I am moving around, and deploy it when I need to process science data (perform some work).

Again ... great mod!

On 3.1.2017 at 9:33 PM, Frag2000 said:

Hi Nils277,

first of all. AWESOME mod. I really ...really ... love it. It looks very professional and I cannot congratulate you more.

I have a recommendation that you may like or not.

I noticed that id you have crew inside the laboratory, you cannot "Retract" it.

It would be fun to be able to "Retract" the laboratory, even if there are staff in it. BUT you would not be able to process anything with it, it would simply hold the staff while retracted.

The reason why I am proposing this is because it would let us design smaller vehicle.

My vehicle as the Cupola and the Lab. So I am carrying around 3 kerbals, but I always have to move around while the lab is deployed. I would like to keep it retracted while I am moving around, and deploy it when I need to process science data (perform some work).

Again ... great mod!

Thank you! :) 

Your suggestion would be way more complicated to implement than might be expected. It would need a change of the science lab capabilities as wall as a redo of all the code and models for the IVAs. I'm sorry but i don't think that the way it is now will be changed.
It was a design choice from the very start of this mod that there is simply no space for kerbals inside the undeployed parts. 

11 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Thank you! :) 

Your suggestion would be way more complicated to implement than might be expected. It would need a change of the science lab capabilities as wall as a redo of all the code and models for the IVAs. I'm sorry but i don't think that the way it is now will be changed.
It was a design choice from the very start of this mod that there is simply no space for kerbals inside the undeployed parts. 

Ho you are right, I did not think about the IVA.

i guess it is not worth the effort, so just forget about it.

Are you still planning new stuff in this mod? I am more interested to know about the nature of future content than a fat kid is about the next ice cream candy topping he'll get.

14 hours ago, Frag2000 said:

Ho you are right, I did not think about the IVA.

i guess it is not worth the effort, so just forget about it.

Are you still planning new stuff in this mod? I am more interested to know about the nature of future content than a fat kid is about the next ice cream candy topping he'll get.

As stated in the OP, i'm still working on support for EPL and OSE. After that i'd say KPBS is pretty much finished.
There will maybe a few other parts added over time if multiple users request that part.

Edited by Nils277

I'm using KPBS (1.3.10) along with Snacks! Continued (1.6.5) in a fresh install (1.2.2 x64)/save with no other mods installed and I'm haveing trouble with the Greenhouse. If one Kerbal is inside and I Start Farming, it does not consume Ore or produce Snacks but states 50% Productivity. Maybe it is intended to require two Kerbals?
With two Kerbals inside and the Speed-bar at 100%, Ore is beeing consumed and Snacks are produced (very fast). If I touch the Speed-bar once, it stops to consume/produce and it stays this way no matter what I do. Stop / Start Farming and setting the Speed-bar back to 100% has no effect. The Greenhouse has enough storage capacity for Snacks and there is sufficient EC and Ore. Am I doing something wrong?

Unfortunatly I have no output_log.txt in my KSP_64_Data folder like I'm used to. ATM I only have a KSP.log file to offer:
https://cypher23.org/owncloud/s/KJhvJeRarxuBIMM

On 6.1.2017 at 4:55 PM, Eleusis La Arwall said:

I'm using KPBS (1.3.10) along with Snacks! Continued (1.6.5) in a fresh install (1.2.2 x64)/save with no other mods installed and I'm haveing trouble with the Greenhouse. If one Kerbal is inside and I Start Farming, it does not consume Ore or produce Snacks but states 50% Productivity. Maybe it is intended to require two Kerbals?
With two Kerbals inside and the Speed-bar at 100%, Ore is beeing consumed and Snacks are produced (very fast). If I touch the Speed-bar once, it stops to consume/produce and it stays this way no matter what I do. Stop / Start Farming and setting the Speed-bar back to 100% has no effect. The Greenhouse has enough storage capacity for Snacks and there is sufficient EC and Ore. Am I doing something wrong?

Unfortunatly I have no output_log.txt in my KSP_64_Data folder like I'm used to. ATM I only have a KSP.log file to offer:
https://cypher23.org/owncloud/s/KJhvJeRarxuBIMM

Hmm weird...i can remember that something similar was reported some time ago, also for snacks. But i was not able to reproduce the problem. What happens when you have the greenhouse at 50% and then activate timewarp? (The faster the better). Does it produce something then? Sometimes the production rate is too small to be seen in normal time. 

The thing is, i use the same module of the greenhouse also for the other life support mods and there does not seem to be such a problem. The only difference between the mods is what resources are produced/consumed.

Edited by Nils277

The problem is not restricted to Snacks! Continued. I've set up a new install and save with only KPBS and USI-LS (0.5.16.0) and the problem remains.

I've tried 1 Kerbal (engineer) with slider at 100%, 1 Kerbal with slider at 50% and 2 Kerbals (engineer&scientist) with slider at 50%. All give the same result, no resource conversion. Used max timewarp to have over 20 days pass.

Made some screenshots of my setup with USI LS (2 Kerbals, slider at 100% in VAB): http://imgur.com/a/yfsfX

One thing I've noticed with Snacks! Continued, when I set the slider to 90% in the VAB, launch the vessel and hit "start Farming" it produces between 0.8 and 0.9 Snacks very quickly before it stops producing/consuming resources.

Update to 1.3.11

Changelog:

General:

• Updated CRP

Mod Support:

• Adjusted habitation EC usage for USI-LS

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed conversion of the greenhouse and the converter
  • Adjusted resource amount for Modular Fueltanks
  • Fixed contracts for Greenhouses and ISRU (ISRU needs further testing)
  • Removed Crew Capacity from the garage decoupler and the K&K Recycler for USI-LS

Download:

MRispXN.pngcNJI52O.png rMKWvsX.png