1.1 taking TOO long

On 3/14/2016 at 9:41 PM, ZooNamedGames said:

If you want to know it's taking so long for them to even consider clouds? It is because it requires them to make the clouds, and all the programming and such that goes with it. But then they have to make it optional as well as change how many clouds there are. Clouds eat a lot of CPU, and that alone is why they are not added. Your complaining is one reason why they don't add it. You complain the game barely runs even out of the box, then why do you expect Squad to add something to make it worse? This is again a reason why they would be more likely to push it off the table... until 1.1 rolled around to run with higher memory.

Absolutely!

Besides ... We know that Clouds 1.1 won't work, it would have to have Clouds patch 1.1.7 before it resembled anything, (patch 1.1.7 is the kerbalonimbus enhancement patch).

KasperVid, while it may have taken longer than you and the team anticipated, the majority of the user base here is not being critical of that, considering the scope of this particular update. 

Do we want it? Yeah!  Will we wait for it?  Yeah!

Send it out when you guys know it's ready.

Hell, I'm having more fun now on 1.0.5 (my main rig, rebuilt and upgraded, though awaiting its new case, is functional and running KSP like never before ...   :) ) ...

On March 14, 2016 at 7:34 PM, OddFunction said:

You can certainly have 3TB of RAM. But if you're spending the tens of thousands of dollars required, you'd be better off with anything but 3TB of RAM.

I basically study being pedantic so I approve

On 3/12/2016 at 7:07 PM, seyss said:

It's 2016 and we still don't have clouds. We can't have a savegame with more than ~80 objects without game performance being terrible. Hell, video performance is terrible from the game start while CPU/GPU usage is ~15%. You can have 3TB RAM and KSP will top at 2GB.. can you say Unity 5 will fix these?

Unity 5, for Win64 anyway, will lift the memory cap (which was already above 2GB, but no need to split hairs). The exact performance changes haven't been announced yet, because the upcoming release is still undergoing fixes and optimizations. There are plenty of threads on the forum that speculate on the potential improvements. However, even if I did quote you a comparative number of performance to 1.0.5, it remains to be seen how susceptible the performance is to specific hardware configurations.

All I can really offer right now is some patience. The game entered experimentals, which historically means that release isn't too far off. The venerable soonTM comes to mind.

43 minutes ago, Claw said:

All I can really offer right now is some patience. The game entered experimentals, which historically means that release isn't too far off. The venerable soonTM comes to mind.

I heard somewhere that HYPE makes releases happen faster than GRIPE!

:)

C'mon, Squad! You can DO IT! GO GO GO!

2 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

There is an old saying that a squeaky wheel gets the grease but people tend to forget that nowadays they get replaced and the old one is thrown out .. just sayin

Why would you want a wheel if you could have a rocket?:wink:

1.1 with 1% bugs because they took their time....

or

1.1 with 99% bugs because some were impatient and demanded 1.1 yesterday like spoilt brats they are.....

Guess which one I want! (clue: I'm not a spoilt brat!)

Take all the time you need, Squad, and then wait a week JUST to make sure... and then wait another month to teach the spoilt brats a lesson.

:)

Edited by kiwi1960
typo

18 hours ago, Talavar said:

Writing an engine for something specific is WAY easier than writing a blanket system to cover everything (unity).

Good thing that Squad did not write Unity and thus saved a ton of time on development of KSP. 

8 hours ago, rkman said:

Good thing that Squad did not write Unity and thus saved a ton of time on development of KSP. 

Nope instead they got duped by the x32 cap for 3 years, and the "limitations of unity" that they pointed to so often.. The Big picture!

Edited by Talavar

I remember a time in the distant past, when the community overwhelmingly requested that Squad not run full-speed of the release cliff.

Do we really want to go back to the days prior to 1.0, or do we want to let them take their time and do it right?

Edited by razark

Okay. Yes, I want 1.1 too, and, yes, I would be overjoyed if it was released with full features tomorrow, so I can make full use of those 8 gigs. HOWEVER, I am willing to wait for it, because it's worth waiting for. If you aren't willing to wait for it, that means you don't really value it that much in the first place.

By the way, if you happen to have 3 terabytes of RAM, then you can obviously buy the whole Steam library without a second though and run it all at the same time, in which case you've probably got something you like to play until 1.1 drops.

Have a nice day. :wink:

On 13-3-2016 at 0:07 AM, seyss said:

It's 2016 and we still don't have clouds. We can't have a savegame with more than ~80 objects without game performance being terrible. Hell, video performance is terrible from the game start while CPU/GPU usage is ~15%. You can have 3TB RAM and KSP will top at 2GB.. can you say Unity 5 will fix these?

Dude, i have been waiting and playing KSP for 4 years (0.18) for it to see it come this far and being the great game as it is today.

Games take time to develop and perfect, most AAA titles take years to build with huge amount of resources.

KSP is just built with a small group of people who love their game and put in their love into the game for us, the players.

I wouldn't mind waiting longer for a new update, because i will know is that when it finally gets released, it's done with love.

So please have a bit of patience.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.