Video Wednesday: Apollo 11

SQUAD

tumblr_inline_o45m2y8LdL1rr2wit_540.jpg

Bob Fitch is back in our spotlight once more for a very good reason: this Monday marked the release of the Apollo 11 episode of his video series Project Alexandria in which Bob takes us on a tour of human spaceflight history in Kerbal Space Program. The mix of real-world and ingame footage will get you introduced to Apollo 11′s history, and the impact of the mission on spaceflight since.

1 hour ago, EwingKang said:

Wait.... Is every animated part of this video made with KSP, including the beginning explody part?

In the Video description one can read:

"Additional footage from, and special thanks to:
HBO, From the Earth to the Moon
Universal Pictures, Apollo 13
History Channel, Creation of the Moon
JPL, Evolution of the Moon
"

@Felbourn congrats on beeing here - really a great episode. And thank you @frizzank for the great parts.

3 hours ago, KroShan said:

In the Video description one can read:

"Additional footage from, and special thanks to:
HBO, From the Earth to the Moon
Universal Pictures, Apollo 13
History Channel, Creation of the Moon
JPL, Evolution of the Moon
"

@Felbourn congrats on beeing here - really a great episode. And thank you @frizzank for the great parts.

OOPS my brain fart. Thanks reminding me that. :P
No doute it's a great video that required so many knowledge and skill. I like the way he tells the story by mixing different clips. Now I have been sitting here too long watching his videos.

Edited by EwingKang
typo

I have not used it in a while It was really difficult to use when it was new-ish. I have no idea how much better it has gotten lately. Back then, it had issues with not saving my anims correctly. With "moving" my animation points around as I added more. With shortening the extends of the animations. With running the anims on non-active kerbals when I didn't want them to. Maybe some other issues. That's why you see in Project Ares that I used anims for two teasers and then they stop showing up in all the other teasers. I'll give it a try again if you're saying it's tons better now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.