Nighttime // Planes thread

2 hours ago, swjr-swis said:

Your design, Rune?

It prompted me to try make something similar in 1.1.2. Obligatory nighttime pics for this thread:

Craft file included.

Whoa. That is no small feat to do, in the new aerodynamic/engine model! Color me impressed, good sir. And yeah, it was my design, long long time ago. Back when you could have any kind of crazy idea, slap some jets and intakes to it, and take it to the skies. I actually did it to show off my 'new' (back then) ring-making skills. Way back before gizmos and stuff!

Rune. These days it's all about the engineering, and not the hammering of the UI into submission. Mostly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Omega 7 Project

This is The Matador and Cyber coming in for a landing, both craft that will be released with the Omega 7 when it's complete

"The Matador"
(SSTO)

1tf6Ohd.png

AarlaGU.png

Cyber
(spacecraft)

pElGvvA.png

lhhkDbD.png

Edited by Castille7
The Matador pictures were added

1 hour ago, Alshain said:

I saw the thread title and expected to find a thread full of Aviation Lights users.  Not a single one lol.

Well, yes, in one of my pictures, i use it alot

1 hour ago, castille7 said:

Omega 7 Project

"The Matador"
(SSTO)

This is The Matador coming in for a landing, it's a craft that will be released with the Omega 7 when it's complete

oIcdJjA.png

lhhkDbD.png

Really good!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks to OPM and Distant Object Enhancement, there's actually 4 planets and 2 crafts visible in this shot (tip: one's in orbit :wink:)

7DB87CBEC55E43CFE8F5672F7FE9435466E73DE0

And this was one of the fastest-circumnavigating planes on the KSP forum a couple of versions ago. Might still be for all I know.

tnHJsWE.jpg
uZEdObt.jpg

And I guess this one's not strictly a plane, but with the dusk and everything, it just looks... *sigh*

Phe44Vd.jpg

• 1 month later...

Ahh, night time planes. Back in my B9 days, that's pretty much all i did, put some nice lights on and fly at night. Now tough, it's a bit more rear for me to fly at night time. mostly due to the lack of proper lightingin the stock game and due to me not wanting to download B9 just to get some nice light's that i will have to strip away anyway if i want to put them up for download as "Stock".

The two bottom ones represent that night flying mod using era of KSP.

To gather these shots, i went trough my entire Imgur album.

Vd8Mele.png

XuWFs6T.png

tiuqHvj.png

qfr8eqp.png

oOGAvBP.png

kJ51HXU.png

CHP2wou.png

mPzsdRQ.png

YAgO2su.png

That's about all of the ones that i taught where worth putting here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.