The "You know you're playing a lot of KSP when..." thread

Phenom Anon X

I suppose the United Kingdom, and every other nation, was once called "untitled kingdom". They all had to start somewhere!

No I saw it on the side of a car that had stopped by the camp I worked at, the United Fire Department or something like that

When you commonly refer to the Muu.... I mean moon as the Mun, and vigerusly try to teach your friends and family about delta-v orbital mechanics, and ISP then start drawing up interplanetary ships to test and show them.

..........HELP:(

Also spend every waking second ether on the forums or the game.....I CAN'T SSSTOPPPEEE

...when you hit "Snooze" for the 2nd time, and wonder why time passed since the first time you hit it. You're *sure* you hit "Revert Flight." Just happened to me.

Especially in the morning I often wonder why time is passing while I'm still in bed. Would never have suspected KSP :D

When the first thing that pops up (or the first 150 things) that pop up when you type "f" in the search bar for the Internet is "forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com"

...or, when submitting a question, you get as far as "what", and Google's first suggestions go something like

"What is the best way to transfer to Jool"

or

"What is the best engine to use for a lander"

or

"What are the differences between antennas for science"

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but I find myself trying to right-click and pan around screenshots of KSP stuff that I find :)

Pfft. I have pictures of real life rocket launches on my desktop and I constantly try to rotate the view on them.

When you talk so much at school about the Chang'e 3 mission that your APUSH teacher calls you out on it, or when you have the phase angles and delta-V requirements for Jool, Eve, Duna, and Eeloo written on a sticky note on your computer.

Edited by ammonia_ocean

or 4x time warp.

I actually felt like this at a cross-country meet a few months ago... I was beginning to speed up before the finish and kept mumbling stuff like "...Isp doesn't matter...delta-V doesn't matter...no, not at this point...I have to maximize my TWR!" I think I got some weird looks from the guy in front of me.

I've also now started saying absolutely everything in metrics despite living in America. A friend I was visiting a few weeks ago asked me why I was giving all my distances in km, and I told her somewhat awkwardly that it was "probably because of Kerbal Space Program".

Lesse...

-I've accidentally called our fourth planet 'Duna.'

-There are a trio of soldiers in my game of X-Com named Bill, Bob, and Jeb.

-In Crusader Kings, the VonKerman dynasty has taken over most of Europe, and is trying to figure out how to conquer the moon.

-I can no longer watch any science fiction movie because the ships don't thrust in the correct direction.

-Scott Manley and Kurt are A-list celebs in my brain.

-I get very confused when people don't know who those two are.

When you have to explain to members of your satellite team what prograde retrograde normal antinormal zenith and nadir are (yes, I am actually helping to build an acutal satellite).

I'd be a bit worried if the people working on my satellite didn't know those terms. It'd be like if your mechanic opened the hood and looked around confused, mouthing the word "radiator" to himself over and over again.

When you must show all family and friends your KSP merchandise, like shirts and mugs. In fact I'll put the link to the merchandise.

Here it is! >http://www.cafepress.com/kerbalspaceprogram<for shirts and mugs, etc.

>http://www.shapeways.com/shops/kerbalspaceprogram?s=0#more-products<for 3D prints.

Also, happy 500 posts!

Don't know why links ain't comin' up, just copy and paste in your link browser if they don't show up (for you).

Edited by The Spacemonkey

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.