How slow is too slow for your ksp?

omelaw

Am I only person who can't allow yellow timer in my ksp?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. How slow is too slow for your ksp? (select slowest speed you can allow.)

• I won't allow yellow timer for my craft at all.
    • a flickering yellow/green (80~90% game speed?)
    • half speed.
    • near ~10 fps
    • 3~4 FPS
    • seconds per frame

Am I only person who can't allow yellow timer in my ksp?

one of my station near mun in 1.0.5 has 160ish parts and start to slow down (12s per in game 10s) and it really annoy me...:mad: but it looks like other KSP players won't mind about yellow timer...

When it start to be hard to tell if its seconds per frame, or frames per second, its too slow... in general, playing on my old 2009 laptop, the game's always too slow, I'm looking forward to getting a much better machine as soon as I get a new job.

I don't usually have to worry about this. I'm not trying to toot my own horn, but since I play a lot more than KSP (WoT, CS:GO, etc) I custom built my own gaming rig and it handles ksp like a charm.

I'm surprised at the results so far but maybe it's because of the wording?  The forum is full of people complaining about performance so it's weird that over half the respondents are happy with a slideshow...

I allow whatever frame rates are necessary, for example docking at my LKO waystation to refuel can be single digits if there are other missions waiting there.

I try to limit my designs to a flickering clock, so that's what I voted for.

Edited by Matt77
Weird demographic?

6 minutes ago, Matt77 said:

I'm surprised at the results so far but maybe it's because of the wording?  The forum is full of people complaining about performance so it's weird that over half the respondents are happy with a slideshow...

Just because people are willing to play it with low performance doesn't mean they like the performance and have no desire to see improvements.

My game usually flickers between green and yellow for crafts with low part counts (~10-20 parts). Most of my crafts don't get much higher than 150-200 parts, and usually that's a rocket on the pad plus payload. My ever faithful Apollo style capsule in an "LKO Taxi" configuration (a la Eyes Turned Skyward Apollo Block III) is about 30 parts, and in orbit the clock is solid yellow, at about half speed. Even when docking to a ~150 part station, the clock is still yellow.

I think it's just because I prefer smaller crafts that just so happen to have such a low part count that I never needed to worry about single digit fps. :P

18 minutes ago, razark said:

Just because people are willing to play it with low performance doesn't mean they like the performance and have no desire to see improvements.

Which is why I questioned the wording of the topic.  It's all massively subjective.

My machine handles Ksp extremely well because I have 16 gigs of ram and a 3.5ghz i5. Have a HORRIBLE graphics card, GT 730 for $30. I am going to get a GTX 750 ti.

3 hours ago, Matt77 said:

I'm not happy with it. I just get stubborn and bloody minded when I decide to build and fly a Big Thing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.