Confession: Bad YouTube User

KerbMav

I avoid the entire YouTube site whenever I can - if there's something I want to watch I'll DL it with a third-party CLI client. So no subs, likes, or anything else will you get from me. I don't know it it even counts as a "view" TBH.

If this makes me a "bad" user, so be it. If the Youtube site wasn't so infested with heavy javascript, user tracking, ads etc. I might be willing to actually go there.

On March 30, 2016 at 8:32 AM, Camacha said:

I dispise the like button. People spam the request to hit it so often, I have grown weary of the concept. Meanwhile, its value has deminished to almost nothing.

The reason that people do that is to get higher search rankings and more views. I don't fault them for that, if someone told me that if I said three words at the end of each video and magically boost my income, I'd do that.

2 hours ago, Hobbes Novakoff said:

The reason that people do that is to get higher search rankings and more views. I don't fault them for that, if someone told me that if I said three words at the end of each video and magically boost my income, I'd do that.

It is pretty clear where the desire to ask people this comes from, but if everyone does it, no one does it. Meanwhile, you simply are annoying people with the repeated battering of asking for likes.

1 minute ago, Camacha said:

It is pretty clear where the desire to ask people this comes from, but if everyone does it, no one does it. Meanwhile, you simply are annoying people with the repeated battering of asking for likes.

I agree. I'm subscribed to like 100 YouTubers and only 5 never ask for likes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.