[ASC-III] Air Superiority Challenge - King of the Hill (BDArmory 4v4 AI Duels: WW1 Theme) - Now Concluded!

The reign of Stealth Weasel is over! Well played to Gag although having tested his plane, (the one with the giant wings and 2 engines, can't remember the name), I knew it had a good chance of beating mine. I guess the secret to building a good plane is to have a good opponent to build against.

Now, I need to work on Stealth Weasel II!

6 hours ago, Jakerblam22 said:

Does the Countermeasure pod fool AMRAAMS?

Sometimes.

4 hours ago, gag09 said:

Oh that video was amazing. Question is will they be able to endure the goalkeepers.

If I were an opponent, I'd be more worried about the frickin shark with laser beams.

Edited by drtricky

49 minutes ago, JollyGreenGI said:

Now that Taurus is up to bat, I hope it stays there long enough to have a Bull vs Matador battle.

That is really tempting me to go full-on Dr.Evil, and submit frickin sharks with laser beams...

I truly hope to not offend, but we do need to figure out a way to speed up the match running. Looking at the current rate my match will not come up for 2 weeks or more. Any vehicle I post now will be hopelessly outdated by the time it gets tested. inigma, I am super grateful for what you have created here, but I'm not sure you've realized what you've signed up for. Running, recording and producing dozens to hundreds of matches in a timely fashion. I think perhaps the best way might be to "de-centralize" and allow anyone to run the matches and post the results. Any disagreement by the loser would just be re-run by inigma or a mutually acceptable 3rd party. Then OP  (inigma) only has to look at results and update leaderboard. Allowing us to run our own matches gives us that immediate gratification we crave, and speeds up the whole iterative development process of making new and more deadly crafts.

Just my 2 cents...

Edited by g00bd0g

3 hours ago, Jakerblam22 said:

Anybody want to test my plane? I would like some feedback/suggested edits.

Thanks!

https://kerbalx.com/Jakerblam22/Nightmare

Maybe my future submission, the Nightmare.

1 or both of them failed to get off the ground every time I tried. Bring rear landing gear forward so aircraft can rotate and take off.

27 minutes ago, g00bd0g said:

1 or both of them failed to get off the ground every time I tried. Bring rear landing gear forward so aircraft can rotate and take off.

Modified version: https://kerbalx.com/Jakerblam22/Nightmare

Can't believe I didn't notice that before, sorry.

I think I fixed it, there was another problem with a few amraams, where after firing, they would blow me up instead of the baddies. That has been fixed too.

Any other feedback appreciated!

After doing some more runs with the "JETFIRE 3K" I was able to take turns at 855m/s and pull 42g. This is without updating the plane in anyway. For proof go to the craft file link on the Main page and check out some pics I put up. Feel free to let me know your thoughts on my aircraft as well.

16 minutes ago, xKage21x said:

After doing some more runs with the "JETFIRE 3K" I was able to take turns at 855m/s and pull 42g. This is without updating the plane in anyway. For proof go to the craft file link on the Main page and check out some pics I put up. Feel free to let me know your thoughts on my aircraft as well.

Jetfire 3k "contains locked or invalid parts". B9 is not allowed.

Latest testing videos vs X-Wing BD v1.5 and F-2C Sea PredatorObr.16 

7 hours ago, Jakerblam22 said:

Anybody want to test my plane? I would like some feedback/suggested edits.

Thanks!

https://kerbalx.com/Jakerblam22/Nightmare

Maybe my future submission, the Nightmare.

Is this your submission or are you holding off to submit formally your entry?

5 hours ago, g00bd0g said:

I truly hope to not offend, but we do need to figure out a way to speed up the match running. Looking at the current rate my match will not come up for 2 weeks or more. Any vehicle I post now will be hopelessly outdated by the time it gets tested. inigma, I am super grateful for what you have created here, but I'm not sure you've realized what you've signed up for. Running, recording and producing dozens to hundreds of matches in a timely fashion. I think perhaps the best way might be to "de-centralize" and allow anyone to run the matches and post the results. Any disagreement by the loser would just be re-run by inigma or a mutually acceptable 3rd party. Then OP  (inigma) only has to look at results and update leaderboard. Allowing us to run our own matches gives us that immediate gratification we crave, and speeds up the whole iterative development process of making new and more deadly crafts.

Just my 2 cents...

You know what? You're right. This has exploded in greater popularity than I imagined. Heh. I think we should move to more match processing. I send you and @jrodriguez a pm. I'll be recording @gag09 and @drtricky tonight, but the winner of that match I've offered to @jrodriguez to record, and any others in line after that - as many as he'd like to process until I return to recording Saturday night. Follow up over PM to let me know if you're available for processing matches next week.

Everyone: in light of the match load (no pun intended), I will not be requiring match hosts to add music to the matches. If a match is disputed, I will act as final judge. If a round or entire match needs re-done as a result, any available match host will run the round again, or if requested by either contestant, I will run the round myself.

New Rules Change:

To make it easier for match hosts to not make a mistake and forget to toggle your ECM, all contestants using ECM must now program their staging action group to enable ECM so when your plane is manually staged by the match host, ECM is enabled. Please add a power source to prevent it from going off while idle on the runway. If your ECM is ever turned off due to power loss, it will not be considered the fault of the match host. :P 

Holy goal keepers. And lasers too? Longest match recording EVER.  That and a few spectacular mid air collisions before 3rd round start. Heh. Who came out on top?  Ran this match three times on twitch, only to have twitch mute my audio for music. argh. Second match was a different result, but to stay true to the first match since it was technically legal, I ran this third match which came out with the same result as the first muted one, this time with a round 3....er 3a, 3b, and 3c... heh.

Those lasers. Man.  Amazing to see them target missiles... STILL ATTACHED TO ANOTHER PLANE! Is taht even legal? heh. creative tactic to target both missiles and planes that happen to get in the way. Ha. man I love this challenge.

and with that I take a small break from recording to pass matches off to @jrodriguez who will film the next few.

Edited by inigma

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.