[1.3.0] Kerbalism v1.2.9

ShotgunNinja

About the map view planetary/radiation info window, maybe an elegant way to solve the problem would be to add another specific toolbar button to toggle it ?

I see that you have tweaked the data window to have a fixed height and added a "x more data" when there is an overflow. I didn't find a way to access this data, I assume there is none ? If so, not a big problem (you can wait for the first data to be transmitted) but this could use some improvement in the future (maybe a "page switching" ?).

Also, a small thing : the HG-5 Antenna stock description says that it can be used as a relay, which isn't true with Kerbalism. Maybe you can alter the text.

And finally, a question regarding the new rule framework : does the "waste_ratio" parameter from previous versions still exist or did you enforce a mass conservation ratio between input and output resources ?

@DMagic I was checking directly the LeftAlt/RightAlt keycode... I'll try the modifier key.

@jlcarneiro Found it, it was the Wet Workshop patch that don't find the LiquidFuel/Oxidizer due to ConfigurableContainers.

@AVaughan All good points about the greenhouse. I'll think of something to improve that.

16 hours ago, Gotmachine said:

And finally, a question regarding the new rule framework : does the "waste_ratio" parameter from previous versions still exist or did you enforce a mass conservation ratio between input and output resources ?

It was renamed to 'ratio, and if not specified it will be deduced automatically to give mass conservation between input and output resources.

19 hours ago, AVaughan said:

I can't see where the bonus for having access to soil is defined, so not sure how big that is.  Possibly anything in a greenhouse that is landed on a planet will also shrink over time, unless it has constant lighting.  The planner says landed on the Mun/Minmus/Duna is the same as in orbit.

There is no more soil bonus.

And that the greenhouse doesn't produce anything when landed at Kerbin, though it still consume EC during the night.

Mmm, I'll check.

2 minutes ago, ShotgunNinja said:

And that the greenhouse doesn't produce anything when landed at Kerbin, though it still consume EC during the night.

Mmm, I'll check.

I meant that the planner says that the greenhouse doesn't produce any food.  According to the planner it does produce oxygen. I didn't actually test whether the greenhouse actually worked on Kerbin.

@AVaughan You were right, fixed it. It was just the planner.

About rebalancing the greenhouse, what about this:

• reduce EC consumption to 2 EC/s
  • reduce time to harvest to 200 days
  • reduce output to 2500 (just enough for a crew of 2)

EDIT
For the growth degeneration, maybe I need to rethink it.

Edited by ShotgunNinja

Those sound like reasonable improvements.  

To be clear the 5 EC/s wasn't a problem when in sunlight.  That just meant more/bigger solar panels.  (Or an alternative power source, if you have other mods installed that provides say a nuclear generator).  But it quickly added up to an unreasonable amount of batteries to get through the dark part of an orbit, especially if you want enough margin to cope with an eclipse.  And landed bases with 5+ hr of darkness pretty much required a lot of thermo-electric generators or some alternative electric generator from another mod.  But if crops will now cope with being in the dark without shrinking then that is much less of a problem.

Other possible things you might want to do to the planner is change all the buttons to look more like buttons.  (even adding a simple outline might be enough).  eg the planet/moon button, light/dark button, landed/orbit/high-orbit, and the left/right buttons for food/water/oxygen radiation/reliability and comfort etc.  Initially when I first loaded the mod I didn't realise any of those were actually clickable.  

Also I would like to see the production/consumption rates in the planner specified in the same time units.  Having something show production in units/s then the next line being units/m it is very easy to not notice the different time units.  (0.02 also loses precision, it is really somewhere between 0.015 and 0.025, but that is getting to be a large range of uncertainty for a small number).  Not sure how hard it would be to change things so that everything from one resource used consistent time units.  eg leave electricity as EC/s, because that is what solar panels and other power sources are normally quoted in, but change all other resources to units/hr or unit/day.

(Personally I normally do my mission planning in term of days, so units/day would work well for me, but the most important bit of this request is getting all the production/consumption rates for the same resource to use the same time units, and preferably with enough significant figures).

I'm also carrying a patch to the default profile to add an extra Food + Water config to the inline containers.  Currently 0.715 food and 0.275 water.  (Yes this wastes 1% of the space, that's the price you pay for storing multiple resources in one container).  Would you be interested in a patch to add that?

In other news, playing with pre6 I'm now being offered station contracts, the stock orbital survey now works, and I've seen at least one change orbit contract for one of my survey satellites, so satellite contracts are probably ok as well.

I also saw another case of Kerbalism's summary panel being confused about whether Farm.1 was actually in darkness or not.  This time when I switched to it, it was clearly in the dark, but Kerbalism's summary panel though it was in daylight.  (This was with pre6, probably less than a week after the saves you already have.  I was running other Mun lander, so maybe just switch to one of the survey sats and run time forward at about x100).  

4 hours ago, ShotgunNinja said:

EDIT
For the growth degeneration, maybe I need to rethink it.

I'm not adverse to growth degeneration.  I just think that darkness degeneration should be a different rate from pressure/temp/radiation degeneration.  I also think that the light growth rate should be higher than darkness degeneration rate, so that landed bases on planets can grow food, without needing to leave the greenhouse lights on all night.  In general plants are used to regular periods of darkness, and should have a net positive growth rate if they are getting light 50% of the time.  

But if you separate the darkness degeneration rate from the pressure/temp/radiation degeneration, then players can adjust the relative growth/degeneration rates to suit themselves.

EDIT: By all means apply both degeneration rates if plants are in the dark as well as in vacuum/outside their temp range.  

Edited by AVaughan

I think there's an interesting (but unintended) interaction with Kerbalism and [x] Science!. When I run a Crew Report (or any other kind of experiment) it runs fine and is automatically put into the "solid state drive" in the command pod. (At least that's how I understand Kerbalism to work. It's a neat feature, by the way, as it minimizes the "data dance" to get store multiple variations of the same base experiment.) I think because it's being stored in this hard drive feature, [x] Science! doesn't realize it's actually been run if it hasn't been recovered/transmitted. It's not a major issue, but something I think is worth mentioning.

Earlier in this thread other posters mentioned something about massive science multipliers. In my latest mission (a basic KSC rover collecting goo/temperature readings for the Field Research Contract mod), when I recovered the vessel I I recieved over 150 science points. I think it should've been mabye 20 or so (I failed to get a screenshot -- apologies for that omission). In previous missions where I just did crew reports science yields upon recovery were fine.

I'm currently using the pre-6 build for Kerbalism.

@Epiphanic: The [X] Science bit is a known side-effect of the Kerbalism's science system.  Since [X] Science doesn't know about the non-standard way Kerbalism is storing experiments, it doesn't know that the experiment is on board.  You can disable Kerbalism's science system in the settings.cfg in the main Kerbalism directory.  (I haven't tried that, I'm not sure what will happen to any science that is currently stored on in progress flights if you change that setting). 

I'm not sure what might have happened with your science rover.  I don't recall how much i got when I ran one around KSC back in about pre3.

4 hours ago, Epiphanic said:

Earlier in this thread other posters mentioned something about massive science multipliers. In my latest mission (a basic KSC rover collecting goo/temperature readings for the Field Research Contract mod), when I recovered the vessel I I recieved over 150 science points. I think it should've been mabye 20 or so (I failed to get a screenshot -- apologies for that omission). In previous missions where I just did crew reports science yields upon recovery were fine

This is related to experiment dataScale. Some mods do not consider it, and most of the time that was fine because virtually all stock experiments use '1' as dataScale. So a lot of mods code in existence was written assuming it was '1'. But for example that is not the case even in stock, for the Atmosphere Analysis experiment. So you should be able to reproduce this issue even without Kerbalism: using Strategia or the Field Research Contract mod or anything else that make this assumption, try using the Atmosphere Analysis experiment. You should see abnormal science bonuses.

3 hours ago, Alvargon said:

Hi, the beta 1.1.5.b5 works fine but it cause the same problem like the 1.1.4 with the antenas. if I don't deactivate the antenas cfgs, the vanilla antenas system doesn't work

You should be able to extend the antennas even if the vessel has no connection. Is that not the case?

@AVaughan I was testing the sunlight/shadow detection issue you reported, using your save.

On the first image you can see the vessel is detected in shadow, but it is graphically lighted.

screenshot2.png

Looking at the sun, we can see it is partially occluded. My code is simply checking if the sun center is visible, so here it detect that the vessel is in shadow.

screenshot3.png

But also KSP itself is simply checking if the sun center is visible, as you can see here the panels are not producing any EC, even if graphically the vessel is lighted

screenshot5.png

So to clarify, the message here is that KSP is rendering the sun as an area light.
But it does consider it as a point light when evaluating solar flux, same as I'm doing in the mod.

image.pngVersion: 1.1.5-pre7
Require: KSP 1.2.2, ModuleManager 2.7.5
Download: github

This will be the last pre-release.

Changelog (from 1.1.5-pre6):

• ported to KSP 1.2.2
  • added Nitrogen harvesting setup to the atmo harvester
  • show/hide body info window with B key
  • mute/unmute messages with PAUSE key
  • greenhouse crop doesn't degenerate anymore when conditions aren't met: it just stop growing
  • wet workhop patch disabled, because it will conflict with any mod that change the fuel tanks content
    (the proof-of-concept patch is still in Habitat.cfg, but commented out)
  • fix: greenhouse estimates in planner, when landed on Kerbin
  • fix: always add Atmo capacity to eva kerbals
  • balance: reduced EC consumption of greenhouse, gravity ring and active shield
  • balance: tweaked greenhouse food output and time to harvest
  • balance: increased amount of nitrogen included with pressure control ECLSS setup

Spoiler

Changelog (from 1.1.5-pre5):

• signal: antenna can be extended/retracted when vessel has no connection
  • signal: support 'triggered' data
  • signal: 'compress' data that is not transmitted in background
  • signal: use new IContractObjectiveModule for Antenna
  • reliability: extra cost/mass is specified in proportion of part cost/mass
  • science: more solid support for malformed subject id and missing experiment definitions
  • timewarp is stopped instantaneously, and will be stopped during warp to next morning
  • balance: tweaked data size of stock/dmagic science experiments, don't touch the rest
  • balance: atmo analysis experiment can be done on surface, not biome-dependent anymore
  • balance: tweaked reliability extra cost/mass
  • balance: decreased MTBF bonus on high-quality components
  • balance: increased chance of critical failure
  • balance: greenhouse food production increased, enough for a crew of 3
  • balance: increased amount of oxygen on EVA
  • fix: do not cache vessel position anymore
  • fix: wrong signal warnings on scene changes and on prelaunch
  • fix: include shader bundles for linux and osx
  • fix: wrong densities for Atmo and WasteAtmo resources, adapted related processes rates
  • fix: drive swapping on undocking

Changelog (from 1.1.5-pre4):

• fix: Nvidia rendering issue (for real this time! thanks to all the testers :))
  • fix: extreme slowdown on scene changes (oops)
  • fix: spurious signal warning messages on scene change
  • caches are only cleared when a new savegame is loaded
  • destroyed/recovered/terminated vessels are purged from the cache
  • identify savegame by unique id

Changelog (from 1.1.5-pre3):

• fix: Nvidia rendering issue (hopefully, need confirmation from an Nvidia user)
  • fix: avoid confirm popup getting stuck when the science dialog is closed by game events
  • fix: do not render signal lines when Signal is disabled
  • fix: do not render anything in space center view, irregardless of MapView.MapIsEnabled value
  • fix: force refresh of VAB UI when quality is changed on a Reliability module
  • fix: force refresh of VAB UI when setups change on a Configure module
  • balance: reduced atmosphere leak rate
  • balance: slightly increased pressure control capacity
  • balance: 1.25m lander pod now get 2 ECLSS module slots
  • balance: reduced processing capacity of big ISRU chemical plant

Changelog (from 1.1.5-pre2):

• fix: missing resources in parts that are using Configure module
  • fix: exceptions thrown by Reliability module in some circumstances

Changelog (from 1.1.5-pre1):

• data UI show experiment body/biome/situation
  • data recorded is now clamped to max available for that experiment situation
  • scaled down experiment data size a bit, randomized the values
  • hijack data from any science container, not just ModuleScienceExperiment
  • use buffering in data transmission to avoid triggering OnScienceReceived event too much
  • fix: combinatory explosion in Configure module symmetry handling
  • fix: resource duplication in Configure module
  • fix: support multiple pages in science dialog
  • fix: analytical sunlight issue during timewarp blending
  • fix: remove drive on PartDie, instead of PartDestroyed

Changelog (from 1.1.4):
* this is a summary of the changes  
  Rule framework
    - multiple profiles can cohexist in the same installation, only one is enabled from user settings
    - Process: vessel-wide resource consumer/producers driven by modifiers        
    - split Supply out of Rule, for additional flexibility
    - can use resource amount as a modifier
    - many new modifiers, to leverage the information provided by habitat
  Features framework
    - user specified features are set by a flag in settings
    - other features are detected automatically from the modifiers used in the active profile    
    - inject MM patches during loading screen, before MM is executed
    - third parties can check for specific features or profiles by using NEEDS[]
    - parts are enabled/disabled automatically depending on features used    
  Resource cache
    - new 'exact, order-agnostic' algorithm for consumption/production chains at arbitrary timesteps
    - consider interval-based outputs in depletion estimates    
  Configure
    - new module Configure: can select between setups in the VAB or in flight
    - setups can specify resources and/or modules
    - setups can include extra cost and mass
    - setups can be unlocked with technologies
    - configuration UI, that show info on modules and resources for a setup    
  Habitat
    - new module Habitat: replace CLS internal spaces
    - used to calculate internal volume in m^3, and surface in m^2    
    - can be disabled/enabled even in flight to configure the internal space as required
    - support inflatable habitats
    - can be pressurized/depressurized
    - can keep track of level of CO2 in the internal atmosphere
    - can be added to parts with no crew capacity
  Greenhouse
    - improved module: Greenhouse
    - lamps intensity is determined automatically, and is expressed in W/m^2
    - can have radiation and pressure thresholds for growth
    - can require an arbitrary set of input resources
    - can produce an arbitrary set of by-product resources
    - growth will degenerate if lighting/radiation/pressure conditions aren't met      
  ISRU
    - planetary resource definitions based on real data
    - new module Harvester: for crustal/atmospheric resource extraction, use abundance/pressure thresholds    
  Wet workshops
    - some stock tanks can now be configured as either fuel tanks or habitats, even in flight    
  QualityOfLife
    - new module Comfort: replace Entertainment and provide a specific bonus, added to some stock parts
    - modified module GravityRing: now provide firm-ground bonus
    - living space is calculated from volume per-capita    
  Radiation
    - shielding required is now determined by habitat surface, and map to millimeters of Pb
    - rtg emit a small amount of ratiation
  Planner
    - single page layout, with panel selection
    - show consumers/producers of a resource in tooltip
    - improved/redesigned most panels
    - redundancy analysis for Reliability panel    
  Reliability
    - improved subsystem: Reliability
    - support arbitrary third party modules
    - components are now disabled when they fail
    - two types of failures: malfunctions (can be repaired) and critical failures (can't be repaired)
    - safemode: there is a chance of remote repairs for unmanned vessels
    - components can be assigned to redundancy groups
    - an optional redundancy incentive is provided: when a component fail, all others in the same redundancy group delay their next failure
    - removed 'manufacturing quality'
    - can select quality per-component in the vab, high quality means higher cost and/or mass but longer MTBF    
  Signal
    - improved: focus on data transmission rates and differences between low-gain and high-gain antennas    
    - high-gain antennas: can communicate only with DSN
    - low-gain antennas: can communicate with DSN and with other vessels
    - low-gain antennas: can be flagged as 'relay' to receive data from other vessels
    - can choose what level of control to lose without a connection:
      . 'none' (lose all control),
      . 'limited' (same as CommNet limited control) and
      . 'full' (only disable data transmission)
    - easy parameters for antenna definitions
    - simple data rate attenuation model
    - render data transmission particles during data transmission
    - disable CommNet automatically when enabled
    - connection status is obtained by CommNet or RemoteTech when signal is disabled
    - new signal panel in vessel info window, show data rates, destination and file being transmitted    
  Science
    - new subsystem: Science, improve on data storage, transmission and analysis
    - transmit data over time, even in background
    - analyze data over time, even in background
    - the background data transmission work with Signal, CommNet or RemoteTech.
    - new module: HardDrive, replace stock data container, can flag files for transmission and lab analysis
    - new module: Laboratory, can analyze samples and produce transmissible data    
    - work with all science experiment modules, both stock and third-party, by hijacking the science result dialog
    - data storage: can store multiple results of same experiment type, can transfer to other parts without requiring EVA
    - data storage: can still be stored on EVA kerbals, and EVA kerbals can take/store data from/to pods
    - data UI: show files and samples per-vessel, can flag for transmission or analysis, can delete files or samples
    - properly credit the science over time
    - do not break science collection contracts       
  Automation
    - removed the Console and command interpreter    
    - new scripting system: not text-based anymore
    - new component control and script editing UI
    - script editor UI highlight parts for ease of use    
  Misc
    - ported to KSP 1.2.1    
    - consistent part naming scheme
    - rebalanced mass/cost of all parts
    - improved part descriptions
    - do not change stock EC producers/consumers anymore
    - adapted all support patches, removed the ones not necessary anymore    
    - shaders are loaded from asset bundle
    - removed workarounds for old SCANsat versions
    - some Settings added, others removed
    - action group support for all modules
    - properly support multiple modules of the same type in the same part
    - optimized how animations in modules are managed
    - can optionally use the stock message system instead of our own
    - can optionally simulate the effect of tracking pivots on solar panels orientability
    - removed helmet handling for EVA kerbals
    - doesn't require CRP anymore, but it will still work along it
    - improved how crew requirements are specified in modules
    - show limited body info window when Sun is selected, instead of nothing
    - new contract: analyze sample in space
    - new contract: cross the heliopause
    - rebalanced ec consumers/producers    
    - show tooltips in vessel info
    - use common style for all part info tooltips    
    - AtomicAge engines emit radiation (ThePsion5)  
    - more love for VenStockRevamp patch (YaarPodshipnik)        
  Profile: 'Default'
    - rewritten from scratch
    - balanced consumption rates from real data
    - balanced container capacity from real data
    - water
    - co2 poisoning
    - pressurization: influence quality of life
    - configurable ECLSS in pods: scrubber, water recycler, pressure control, waste processing
    - configurable supply containers: can store Food, Water, Waste
    - configurable pressurized tanks: can store Oxygen, Nitrogen, Hydrogen, Ammonia
    - greenhouse: require Ammonia and Water, produce Oxygen and WasteWater as by-product, need to be pressurized, has radiation threshold    
    - stock ISRU plants can be configured with one among a set of reality-inspired chemical processes
    - stock drills can be configured with a specific resource harvester
    - stock atmo experiment is also used as configurable atmospheric harvester
    - stock fuel cells act like real fuel cells
    - new part: Chemical Plant, can execute reality-inspired chemical processes, unlocked early in the tech tree    
  Profile: 'Classic'
    - this profile mimick the old default profile, without the new stuff  
  Profile: 'None'
    - choose this if you want to play with third-party life support mods
  Bugs fixed
    - fix: nasty problem with interaction between cache and analytical sunlight estimation        
    - fix: radiation body definitions were not loaded in some cases    
    - fix: planner, stock laboratory EC consumption wasn't considered
    - fix: planner, solar panel flux estimation was considering atmo factor even in space
    - fix: planner, correctly skip disabled modules    
    - fix: spurious signal loss message when undocking    
    - fix: maintain notes and scripts even after docking/undocking    
    - fix: highlighting of malfunction components in pods
    - fix: in monitor UI signal icon, show all relays in the chain
    - fix: bug with killing eva kerbals while iterating the list of crew    
    - fix: exception when loading dead eva kerbals
    - fix: module index mismatch when loading dead eva kerbals

@ShotgunNinja I think that this was asked before, but at the time I didn't realize what you were talking about. When I run experiments multiple times It always shows that I am collecting the max science even if I have already gather that science, and I just don't actually receive it when I retrieve my vessel. Is there a way to make this stop? I keep forgetting what I have already gathered and end up running experiments thinking I'm getting science but I'm really not.

@ShotgunNinja  Thanks for looking at this.  There seems to have been a communication breakdown which was my fault.  I never wrote this up properly (though I thought the included screenshots would have been a clue).  Whilst Mun.2 had a long eclipse whilst returning from the Mun, the bug was actually about Farm.1.  I'll go over this in detail below.

Thinking about when I've noticed this bug it has always been in a session which has already had at least one revert or load/quickload (often more than one).  I'm wondering if there are any corner cases where the cache isn't getting invalidated/updated after a revert or a load?  (I'll try to see if I can create a reproduction recipe after posting this).

Apologies in advance if the next bit comes across as patronising or aggressive (reading this before posting I'm concerned it will, but i don't have the time or energy to rewrite it), I'm trying to show that the issue isn't simply a case of me thinking the ship was in sunlight, when the sun was below the horizon.  

The problematic vessel is Farm.1, but I've only seen the issue when I've been piloting other ships, then switching to Farm.1 for some reason  Quitting the game and then loading a save also fixes it, so I can't really give you a save as a reproduction case.  

I was piloting Mun.2 when the low power script on Farm.1 fired.  I swapped over to check on it.  It was in daylight.  I re-oriented it to maximise the sun on it's solar panels and swapped back to Mun.2, thinking Farm.1 would be ok.  Timewarped at about x10 (I was collecting per biome gravity scans on the way back from a Mun landing) .  Timewarp stopped almost instantly, Farm.1 was low on power. Switched back to Farm.1.  Still in sunlight.  Made the first named save about this time, but didn't take a screenshot.  (I hadn't noticed anything I wanted a screenshot of yet).

Loading that save now, so I can take some screenshots Farm.1 was definitely in sunshine at this time. (Screenshots in spoiler.  Note that despite being in plenty of sunlight, and having a decent charge rate and panel orientation, the batteries are down around 15%).

Spoiler

Cx34rFF.png

E5HSKgg.png

4OOyHAE.png

About 3 minutes mission elapsed time later I made the second named save.  I was definitely seeing a bug.  (Still no screenshots from that time, but a screenshot from loading that save now in the spoiler).

Spoiler

K6tenhZ.jpg

Note the change in mission elapsed time.  Yet despite having a decent charge rate,  the batteries are about the same charge.  I tracked this for most of an orbit.  I'm not sure precisely when I worked out what was going on, but if I was in command of Farm.1 then KSP's normal processing would recharge the batteries, if I switched back to Mun.2 then the batteries would start to run down, even though Farm.1 was clearly in sunlight.  I checked whether Farm.1 might have been eclipsed by the Mun, or Minmus.  No.  Eve and Moho were also well clear.     I kept Farm.1 in focus until for a while to let it's batteries recharge.  

Now we come to the third named save.  By this time I had worked out what was going on and took screenshots to document it.  Kerbalism thought that Farm.1 was in shadow even when it was in the sun.

Cqb33mB.jpg

This is Farm.1 a few minutes after sunrise.  Notice how Kerbalism's vessel summary panel in the top-right thinks Farm.1 is in shadow, yet Kerbalism's detail panel says that it's battery life is perpetual.

1zz01Ye.jpg

4 seconds later.  Note the negative EC resource consumption rate in KSP resource panel.  KSP says the batteries are charging.

YyJ5VtM.jpg

CUDBjqU.jpg

Kerbalism still thinks Farm.1 is in shadow.  I didn't get a screenshot of it at the time, but I did rotate the camera until it was behind the ship to check that the sun was above the horizon.  

Here is a screenshot from behind Farm.1, just after loading the third named save, and about a minute mission elapsed time before the screenshots above.  Shortly after sunrise.  

Spoiler

VbML7uL.jpg

Now the second time I saw this bug, Kerbalism thought Farm.1 was in sunlight, yet it definitely looks like it is in shadow.  This was a different session, and using a later pre-release.  I think this time I was running pre6.

rjNvoho.png

Lastly another issue I've being seeing this savegame, and don't recall seeing in stock, is using a one kerbal lander (without any antenna).  I land, grab science reports/surface samples, plant a flag, board and have no control.

IX2JVmt.jpg

Val has no throttle control, no ability to toggle sas, nor ability to toggle the gear/lights/scrubber.  This looks similar to how Kerbalism leaves a probe that has no signal so I'm wondering if it might be related to the capsule becoming uncontrollable when Val goes EVA, and not getting marked as controllable when Val boards?

Normally I fix this by switching to another vessel or the space centre and switching back, and everything is ok again.  I switched to Farm.1 and discovered it was in the dark, even though Kerbalism thought it was in sunlight.  (The screenshot above).  This time switching vessels was not enough.  I needed to quit and reload.

Anyway thanks for working on Kerbalism.

@SavageAngel There is a distinction between data and science credits. In your question you say 'science', but I don't know if you really mean 'data' or 'science credit'. So here I'm speculating what you meant, but if I misunderstood please clarify.

When I run experiments multiple times It always shows that I am collecting the max [data] even if I have already gather [the science credits about it], and I just don't actually receive [additional science credits] when I retrieve my vessel. Is there a way to make this stop? I keep forgetting what I have already gathered and end up running experiments thinking I'm getting [moar science credits] but I'm really not.

There isn't a way to 'make it stop'. If I forbit data collection when all the science credits about that subject have been recovered/transmitted already, then all 'collect science from XXX' contracts will become impossible to satisfy after you collect all possible science credits from a specific body/situation.

@AVaughan The report is appreciated. I'll give your savegame another shot.