[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System

sDaZe

ok, found the issue

Pluto has 2 Atmosphere nodes, I already notified RSS devs so they can fix it

I also found an unrelated bug in SD and fixed it in the dev.version

16 minutes ago, QuentinJericho said:

By the way, has anyone managed to get RVE (or SVE) to run with SSRSS ? 

I have SVE working nicely. Looks good. I downloaded and followed regular install instructions. I then deleted the city lights folder (don't like them). Then I went into the file called "clouds" and manually changed all the names from Kerbin/Mun/Duna to Earth/Moon/Mars respectively. Looks NICE.

Edit: Oh, did the same with the "shadows" file.

Edited by SpaceEnthusiast

8 minutes ago, SpaceEnthusiast said:

Did exactly that, nothing changed.

Maybe it's worth noting I have SVE installed aswell, but I don't see how that makes a difference. I also had this installed on the regular sized solar system, gave me no issues.

There was no flickering on full size rss? 

4 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

ok, found the issue

Pluto has 2 Atmosphere nodes, I already notified RSS devs so they can fix it

I also found an unrelated bug in SD and fixed it in the dev.version

I'm assuming this is not in response so my flickering problem?

Just now, Berlin said:

There was no flickering on full size rss?

There was, but substantially less. 

1 minute ago, SpaceEnthusiast said:

I have SVE working nicely. Looks good. I downloaded and followed regular install instructions. I then deleted the city lights folder (don't like them). Then I went into the file called "clouds" and manually changed all the names from Kerbin/Mun/Duna to Earth/Moon/Mars respectively. Looks NICE.

Edit: Oh, did the same with the "shadows" file.

Thanks! I'm gonna try that. I managed to get it working before but the altitudes for the clouds were wrong, and now for some reason it just won't work anymore.

2 minutes ago, SpaceEnthusiast said:

I'm assuming this is not in response so my flickering problem?

There was, but substantially less. 

I was talking about the rescale problem, the flickering problem is most likely scatterer related

Just now, QuentinJericho said:

Thanks! I'm gonna try that. I managed to get it working before but the altitudes for the clouds were wrong, and now for some reason it just won't work anymore.

You're welcome, I'm glad I could help.

Just a quick tip: create a new folder and name it something like "working KSP" and then each time before you start screwing around with mods, cope the entire Kerbal Space Program folder from your steam/steamapps/common file and put it in the "working KSP" folder. Never lose progress again.

2 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

I was talking about the rescale problem, the flickering problem is most likely scatterer related

Oh ok. It's annoying, but that's all it is. I'm assuming the scatterer devs are sorting it out.

2 minutes ago, SpaceEnthusiast said:

Oh ok. It's annoying, but that's all it is. I'm assuming the scatterer devs are sorting it out.

either that or the settings used in this mod might require to be tweaked, but honestly I have no idea

15 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

either that or the settings used in this mod might require to be tweaked, but honestly I have no idea

Now that you mention it. When I had the regular sized RSS installed I manually configured scatterer using the guidelines on their page. And I did that mainly because the way the water looks is jawdropping.

When installing this mod I overwrote everything because of the way their planets look. I'll reinstall using a manually configured scatterer and check the flickering then. I'll get back to you.

Edit: problem persists. I don't think there's much you can do but patiently wait until the problems with scatterer are resolved.

Edited by SpaceEnthusiast

15 minutes ago, SpaceEnthusiast said:

You're welcome, I'm glad I could help.

Just a quick tip: create a new folder and name it something like "working KSP" and then each time before you start screwing around with mods, cope the entire Kerbal Space Program folder from your steam/steamapps/common file and put it in the "working KSP" folder. Never lose progress again.

Okay so I just did what you told me and surprisingly it works, and I have no idea why but the flicker is gone... Some clouds need their altitute to be raised but other than that it's working great ! 

Will there be an RVE or SVE config included in future releases ?

2 minutes ago, QuentinJericho said:

Okay so I just did what you told me and surprisingly it works, and I have no idea why but the flicker is gone... Some clouds need their altitute to be raised but other than that it's working great ! 

So... you installed SVE using my tips and now your flickering is gone?

5 minutes ago, QuentinJericho said:

we plan to incorporate RVE in the future

22 minutes ago, QuentinJericho said:

are you getting a drop in FPS with the scatterer config?

9 minutes ago, Berlin said:

are you getting a drop in FPS with the scatterer config?

Not really It's working great, the flicker isn't there anymore it's just occasional slight flicker (just like the regular scatterer stuff) 

Here's something interesting, ableit puzzling:

I reverted back to my normal sized solar system install (the one without an annoying amount of flickering). I replaced the existing scatterer folder with your scatterer folder, hoping to get the good looking planets in my somewhat more realistic playthrough. I fully expected the annoying flickering to return, but to my surprise it didn't

I take this to mean that it isn't scatterer causing the problem, or at least not on its own.

1 minute ago, SpaceEnthusiast said:

Here's something interesting, ableit puzzling:

I reverted back to my normal sized solar system install (the one without an annoying amount of flickering). I replaced the existing scatterer folder with your scatterer folder, hoping to get the good looking planets in my somewhat more realistic playthrough. I fully expected the annoying flickering to return, but to my surprise it didn't

I take this to mean that it isn't scatterer causing the problem, or at least not on its own.

strange. did you get a drop in FPS?

7 minutes ago, QuentinJericho said:

Not really It's working great, the flicker isn't there anymore it's just occasional slight flicker (just like the regular scatterer stuff) 

cool

Edited by Berlin

1 minute ago, Berlin said:

strange. did you get a drop in FPS?

Hard to tell. It's always 60fps, and I got it limited to 60fps.

10 minutes ago, QuentinJericho said:

But... how?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you don't have the flickering problem anymore. But it's frustrating that I do and you don't, since we both installed RVE :P

13 minutes ago, SpaceEnthusiast said:

Hard to tell. It's always 60fps, and I got it limited to 60fps.

But... how?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you don't have the flickering problem anymore. But it's frustrating that I do and you don't, since we both installed RVE :P

Rve? Dont use that, its meant for the 1.05 eve. Try sve, had it working good last night. Sorry i cant help much because im working.

1 minute ago, sDaZe said:

Rve? Dont use that, its meant for the 1.05 eve. Try sve, had it working good last night. Sorry i cant help much because im working.

Yeah I've been using SVE, I've been saying RVE by mistake. Don't worry about not being able to help. I hope you're enjoying your new job :P

20 minutes ago, SpaceEnthusiast said:

But... how?

I have absolutely no idea, I installed SVE and the flicker somehow went away... All I did was rename the planets and that's about it, I'm really confused as to what happened here... Have you managed to fix it by using the scatterer that is included in the latest release ?

Just now, QuentinJericho said:

Have you managed to fix it by using the scatterer that is included in the latest release ?

Yes I have. I have also dropped that exact scatterer folder in another install (with regular size solar system): no flickering. It's... interesting. I'll try a completely fresh install later today. The night is still young.

11 minutes ago, SpaceEnthusiast said:

Yes I have. I have also dropped that exact scatterer folder in another install (with regular size solar system): no flickering. It's... interesting. I'll try a completely fresh install later today. The night is still young.

Glad you got fixed too! 

Once I get home i'll try and fix all the problems. I'm going to be busy the next few days learning the job and what not. Its also my birthday tomorrow :D