[1.11] RemoteTech v1.9.9 [2020-12-19]

I'm having crashes on load again using KSP 1.2.2

this is one of the mods for 1.3 that wont work for 1.2.2; that update has been terrible for mod fans: cant use older mods on 1.3, cant use updated mods on 1.2!!!

is there any way to fix the crashing on load and keep using updated RT?  maybe replace a file or something?

Just now, Ricardo.b said:

I'm having crashes on load again using KSP 1.2.2

this is one of the mods for 1.3 that wont work for 1.2.2; that update has been terrible for mod fans: cant use older mods on 1.3, cant use updated mods on 1.2!!!

is there any way to fix the crashing on load and keep using updated RT?  maybe replace a file or something?

use the last version for 1.2 https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/releases/tag/1.8.6

ANTENNA
	{
		Omni = 75000000
		Dish = 0
		CosAngle = 1
		UpgradeableOmni = 4E+06;3.0E+07;7.5E+07
		UpgradeableDish = 
		UpgradeableCosAngle = 
	}

Can someone translate the UpgradeableOmni values for me please? I am not getting what I think I should.

If the omni antenna of the space center starts at 75,000,000 then why should the first upgrade be to 4,000,000 ? Or is it additive? Then the first upgrade would be a bad joke. :D

Hi, I need some help here, for some reason I'm not able to make remote tech to work with Real solar System. I've been around since 0.24 and it's first time I struggle for 2 days trying to make this work. I'm installing everthing trough ckan. Tried with and without SETI-config and only works without Real solar system.

Any kind of help will be very welcome!

A question about the RangeMultiplier settings.

After sliding it to 5, I didn't find any changes of the ranges in the part info of the antennae, which makes me think that the actual range may also be left unchanged.

So is the ranged changed or not? What about root mode? If possible, how to fix the part info?

15 hours ago, KerbMav said:

ANTENNA
	{
		Omni = 75000000
		Dish = 0
		CosAngle = 1
		UpgradeableOmni = 4E+06;3.0E+07;7.5E+07
		UpgradeableDish = 
		UpgradeableCosAngle = 
	}

Can someone translate the UpgradeableOmni values for me please? I am not getting what I think I should.

If the omni antenna of the space center starts at 75,000,000 then why should the first upgrade be to 4,000,000 ? Or is it additive? Then the first upgrade would be a bad joke. :D

Actually, this 75,000,000 range is Level 3 of the Tracking Station. The Levels 1 and 2 are 4,000,00 and 30,000,000 respectively.

10 hours ago, fbabij said:

Hi, I need some help here, for some reason I'm not able to make remote tech to work with Real solar System. I've been around since 0.24 and it's first time I struggle for 2 days trying to make this work. I'm installing everthing trough ckan. Tried with and without SETI-config and only works without Real solar system.

Any kind of help will be very welcome!

Hi, can you provide your output_log.txt from the folder 'KSP_x64_Data' with both RSS and RT installed, please? I need to look at the output to see what was going on your side.

4 hours ago, howkong said:

A question about the RangeMultiplier settings.

After sliding it to 5, I didn't find any changes of the ranges in the part info of the antennae, which makes me think that the actual range may also be left unchanged.

So is the ranged changed or not? What about root mode? If possible, how to fix the part info?

If I understand correctly, the maximum range is capped at a specific factor in the Default_Settings.cfg.

Here're the responsible codes in AbstractRangeModel.cs:

/// <summary>Can't boost the range of an omni antenna by more than this factor, no matter what.</summary>
private static readonly double omniClamp = RTSettings.Instance.OmniRangeClampFactor;
/// <summary>Can't boost the range of a dish antenna by more than this factor, no matter what.</summary>
private static readonly double dishClamp = RTSettings.Instance.DishRangeClampFactor;

Good news is these factors are now configurable in RT 1.8.7 (link).

Edited by TaxiService

1 hour ago, TaxiService said:

Actually, this 75,000,000 range is Level 3 of the Tracking Station. The Levels 1 and 2 are 4,000,00 and 30,000,000 respectively.

Hm ... when I mouse over the red dot in map mode it says 75Mm range, but I am still missing one facility upgrade.

So, either there is a display problem or changing the "upgradable" setting in an ongoing game does not take effect correctly.

Hey Taxi, very late night found a solution, not very elegant but working, just added RSS Ground stations found in some old mod (RT config for RSS) to Default_setting.cfg the only way to have RO, RSS and RT working all along.

Thanks any way :)

Edited by fbabij

odd problem where remote tech suddenly stop working in my linux install. cant enable/disable and range multipliers do not take effect.

even in a fresh 1.3 install with only the latest RT version installed, it doesn't work. 

anybody has a clue on this?

EDIT: my log file

Edited by Ricardo.b

23 hours ago, KerbMav said:

Hm ... when I mouse over the red dot in map mode it says 75Mm range, but I am still missing one facility upgrade.

So, either there is a display problem or changing the "upgradable" setting in an ongoing game does not take effect correctly.

Hmmm, I tested a fresh career session and could see the 4Mm, 30Mm and 75Mm text when upgrading the tracking station. Can you describe the "upgradable" setting? The closest thing I can find is the advanced tweaks option in the game settings.

17 hours ago, Ricardo.b said:

odd problem where remote tech suddenly stop working in my linux install. cant enable/disable and range multipliers do not take effect.

even in a fresh 1.3 install with only the latest RT version installed, it doesn't work. 

anybody has a clue on this?

EDIT: my log file

Your log indicates the expected loading, except for this error below.

[ERR 17:02:17.723] Couldn't open /home/ricardo/Documents/KERBAL SPACE PROGRAM/KSP_linux/KSP_Data/Plugins/x86_64/liblingoona.grammar.kerbal.so, error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.8' not found (required by /home/ricardo/Documents/KERBAL SPACE PROGRAM/KSP_linux/KSP_Data/Plugins/x86_64/liblingoona.grammar.kerbal.so)

I do not think this error has anything to do with the RT not functioning. I cannot see anything else wrong. Maybe install this missing library and see how it goes?

Also, does RT 1.8.6 work in KSP 1.2.2?

Edited by TaxiService

Hmmm, I tested a fresh career session and could see the 4Mm, 30Mm and 75Mm text when upgrading the tracking station. Can you describe the "upgradable" setting? The closest thing I can find is the advanced tweaks option in the game settings.

Your log indicates the expected loading, except for this error below.

[ERR 17:02:17.723] Couldn't open /home/ricardo/Documents/KERBAL SPACE PROGRAM/KSP_linux/KSP_Data/Plugins/x86_64/liblingoona.grammar.kerbal.so, error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.8' not found (required by /home/ricardo/Documents/KERBAL SPACE PROGRAM/KSP_linux/KSP_Data/Plugins/x86_64/liblingoona.grammar.kerbal.so)

I do not think this error has anything to do with the RT not functioning. I cannot see anything else wrong. Maybe install this missing library and see how it goes?

Also, does RT 1.8.6 work in KSP 1.2.2?

It doesn't work, I use the last version for 1.2.2, but also did a test on 1.3 with latest RT. Thank you for find an error, I will work on this

Wait - how many upgrades does the facility have again? If it is three and the third does nothing for RT than I had a brain kerb ...

23 hours ago, KerbMav said:

Wait - how many upgrades does the facility have again? If it is three and the third does nothing for RT than I had a brain kerb ...

This stock facility has 3 levels in total. Level 3 is the final RT range of 75Mm.

But I think these levels are extensible through mods. If a mod adds Level 4 and more, the range of each subsequent level will stay at 75Mm because RT settings have only 3 values for the first 3 levels.

Edited by TaxiService

I new in KSP and have some problem and don't know what to do. The flight computer of RemoteTech from the start the rocket is unavailable (yellow icon). Even on the launch pad. It is unmanned and has 2 antennas. I tried to disable the signal delay - not working. Other vessels are all well. What do I do?

Please help me.

Screenshot https://yadi.sk/i/bXPomHCR3KwoN4

1 hour ago, nickicool said:

I new in KSP and have some problem and don't know what to do. The flight computer of RemoteTech from the start the rocket is unavailable (yellow icon). Even on the launch pad. It is unmanned and has 2 antennas. I tried to disable the signal delay - not working. Other vessels are all well. What do I do?

Please help me.

Hi! This yellow icon means your vessel is controlled locally (act like it is manned). Seeing nothing manned pod on your vessel, your probe core may be unsupported (not patched by RT). Can you tell me which mod this probe core is from? Or you can look at our cfgs for supported mods at this link (eg FASA, B9)

If possible, please give us your log below.

Spoiler

In Logs provide your KSP log file: * Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt (32bit) or KSP_win64\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt (64bit) * Mac OS: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log ( Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log ) * Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal Space Program/Player.log

Edited by TaxiService

55 minutes ago, TaxiService said:

Hi! This yellow icon means your vessel is controlled locally (act like it is manned). Seeing nothing manned pod on your vessel, your probe core may be unsupported (not patched by RT). Can you tell me which mod this probe core is from? Or you can look at our cfgs for supported mods at this link (eg FASA, B9)

If possible, please give us your log below.

Thank you very much for the answer! As you say - may be unsupported mod - in folder no patch file for mod this probe. I can't say exactly what mod - versions two: ResearchBodies or Tarsier Space Technology - they complement each other. Probe in my vessel - the telescope TB-75. Patch for these mods do not have RemoteTech. It's hard to add?

This my log file https://yadi.sk/d/AvtWphLu3KxFVS

Also, time start vessel in Tracking Station is blink between orange and green color, about every 2 seconds for each color. Other vessels so no - only green, without blinking. Screenshot https://yadi.sk/i/JMe7iVO13KxEZ2

4 hours ago, nickicool said:

Please help me.

I know in previous versions of Remote Tech, you needed to have line of sight connection to the space center. Will somebody else please confirm if this is still true? Or is it just sufficient to be with range of Kerbin?

Just now, Voodoo8648 said:

I know in previous versions of Remote Tech, you needed to have line of sight connection to the space center. Will somebody else please confirm if this is still true? Or is it just sufficient to be with range of Kerbin?

Line of sight to Mission Control still required, regardless of what your "ground station" setting in the KSP game is.

8 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

Line of sight to Mission Control still required, regardless of what your "ground station" setting in the KSP game is.

Hmm..I've been playing with remote tech and I still have control without LOS connection, ie. Being on the other side of the planet. I had KerbNet turned off... I'll try to post a screenshot.

Just now, Voodoo8648 said:

I know in previous versions of Remote Tech, you needed to have line of sight connection to the space center.

I think from launch pad to vessel first few minutes fly already have direct line of sight connection to the space center. But icon flight computer of RemoteTech is unavailable (yellow icon) from launch pad.

7 minutes ago, Voodoo8648 said:

Hmm..I've been playing with remote tech and I still have control without LOS connection, ie. Being on the other side of the planet. I had KerbNet turned off... I'll try to post a screenshot.

No screenshot required, I believe you. But my unmanned vessels lose control once they're over the horizon (unless I have some relay satellites up)

14 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

No screenshot required, I believe you. But my unmanned vessels lose control once they're over the horizon (unless I have some relay satellites up)

I'm still early on in my new career so I just hyper edited a quick satellite into orbit and RT is working properly.. no connection without LOS... but I could swear that it happened before. Maybe I did have CommNet turned on. If it happens again, I'll let you guys know.