What is your favorite view?

kBob

The view that you'll stop what you're doing to admire or maybe stop time warping to see.  Mine is sunrise from low orbit (of anything).  If you need a mod to see your favorite view please mention it.

Edit Ok: Should have said favorite view in KSP, but since this is the KSP discussion forum I didn't think to do that.

Edited by kBob

Yes. Jool. It can also be humbling to orbit around the sun really close. Duna is also an awesome place as well, orbiting while you can see Ike while the sun is rising is purely epic. Orbiting meters above any non-atmospheric body is awesome as well, especially if other bodies are visible. Duna looks great from Ike, also.

I think more than anything, I'm a sucker for surprise eclipses.  Doesn't really matter where I am, I love looking up and seeing Kerbol eclipsing behind another nearby planet or moon, and almost always stop what I'm doing to watch.  

View? Well, there are a lot of nice ones in stock KSP, but my favorite one doesn't need the game at all.

It's really humbling to look outside, on a clear night with a full moon, and think "Hey. We've been there. Damn."

@Dman979 YES! The moon is amazing, especially if I make the effort to get my telescope out. Something even more amazing is a super clear night in a rural area with no moon, so you can see basically every star within the observable universe. It is even more amazing when the previous happens while the ISS flies over.

Whenever I can just make out Jool from LKO (Using DOE of course), I just stop and bask in Jool's faint, green glory. I've actually missed a few burns because of that awe inspiring view.

LEO with RVE installed.  Gorgeous and majestic.  I still haven't experienced it outside of other's screenshots but the new computer can handle it when I'm ready to play KSP again.

The view of Mars from Phobos is the most awe-inspiring thing I've seen in KSP so far. It certainly had Camwise stop what he was doing and pause to reflect on the meaning of life.

znzBDrv.png

I'm looking forward to my Kerbals inventing advanced nuclear electric propulsion, fusion, or some such magic to get them out to Saturn, though. I'm sure there will be views out there that will literally be to die for.

2tEM0Mj.png

(yes, this image was brought to you by hyperedit...:D)

Coming Home :)

QB1dN4M.jpg

LTV-104 comes home from a 20km test run - Runway lights of home visible..

Approaching the yard - Air horn sounded once across the threshhold.. slowing to 10m/s

Turn off the taxi way and turn on the hazard beacons & alert siren.. yard speed 6m/s.. nagivate the taxiways to the carpark.. a few minutes later the traction motors wind down to stop..

doesnt matter what kind of train it is.. even if shes a mut of a rover consisting of many mods made into a land train.. its always a beautiful thing :).. simply.. Home :)

Edited by Overland

56 minutes ago, UnusualAttitude said:

The view of Mars from Phobos is the most awe-inspiring thing I've seen in KSP so far. It certainly had Camwise stop what he was doing and pause to reflect on the meaning of life.

I'm looking forward to my Kerbals inventing advanced nuclear electric propulsion, fusion, or some such magic to get them out to Saturn, though. I'm sure there will be views out there that will literally be to die for.

(yes, this image was brought to you by hyperedit...:D)

I need to get the Earth Solar System, defiantly on my todo after I've got all the K planets visited.

16 minutes ago, Overland said:

Coming Home :)

QB1dN4M.jpg

LTV-104 comes home from a 20km test run - Runway lights of home visible..

Approaching the yard - Air horn sounded once across the threshhold.. slowing to 10m/s

Turn off the taxi way and turn on the hazard beacons & alert siren.. yard speed 6m/s.. nagivate the taxiways to the carpark.. a few minutes later the traction motors wind down to stop..

doesnt matter what kind of train it is.. even if shes a mut of a rover consisting of many mods made into a land train.. its always a beautiful thing :).. simply.. Home :)

Well assuming you don't plow right through Home...like the Silver Streak.

its been done :) hence why yard speed is a strict 6ms these days, with rotating hazard beacons and audible siren for low speed operations once in KSC..

kerbals might not react to a very realistic siren and beacons.. but it sure sets the mood and increases realism

that and no exploding buildings :)

1 minute ago, ag3nt108 said:

Any sunrise is always nice.  I spend most of time in Map view though I think.

I know what you mean, I have a tendency to do that.  Makes me wonder if with dual monitors if it's possible to have separate views on each monitor like in some flight simulators.

11 hours ago, Andem said:

Oh, and nighttime on the Mun is terrifying, every light uses up precious power, and you can't quite see what sits just in the shadows... :0.0:

Which makes the Mun's polar regions one of the most terrifying places in the game.

12 hours ago, Andem said:

Oh, and nighttime on the Mun is terrifying, every light uses up precious power, and you can't quite see what sits just in the shadows... :0.0:

28 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Which makes the Mun's polar regions one of the most terrifying places in the game.

I'm about 75% finished circumnavigating the Mun... but I refuse to drive at night there.  And the polar regions are horrifying!  

You might get some great, spooky views, but bad things happen in the dark on the Mun...... bad things....     :0.0:

Edited by Just Jim

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.