[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Terrain [v2.2.0] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

1 minute ago, E-Rikkie said:

**need confirmation**

I run linux and with latest SVT 1.42 i had the moiree planets (striped) in game, not just on the main menu screen. With older version 1.2 i did not have that problem.

Compared both versions and after a lot of tinkering with the config files, replacing settings from 1.2 in the 1.42 install, i have normal planets again in game. On the menu it's still striped though.

In the end it was removing just 1 line from the sun's config file.

i editted "..../GameData/SVEKopernicus/Sun/Sun.cfg" and removed the line

useOnDemand = false

Can anyone with the same problem try to replicate this, and see if their problem is solved too?

This I will look into but I'm afraid that will cause the white kerbin issue again

7 minutes ago, Galileo said:

This I will look into but I'm afraid that will cause the white kerbin issue again

that is "solvable" in game .... tried another thing right now which also solved it, don't know the implications.

saw that all config files started with @KOPERNICUS:AFTER[KOPERNICUS] except the sun's one, that started with @KOPERNICUS:FOR[KOPERNICUS]

changing that one to AFTER as well fixed the problem too

-edit- in this version the useOnDemand was back in

Edited by E-Rikkie

38 minutes ago, E-Rikkie said:

that is "solvable" in game .... tried another thing right now which also solved it, don't know the implications.

saw that all config files started with @KOPERNICUS:AFTER[KOPERNICUS] except the sun's one, that started with @KOPERNICUS:FOR[KOPERNICUS]

changing that one to AFTER as well fixed the problem too

-edit- in this version the useOnDemand was back in

Ah I must have missed that! I experimented with everything to fix the white kerbin problem and must have left it changed.  Good catch

Edited by Galileo

The boulders are solid.

THE BOULDERS ARE SOLID!

THE. BOULDERS. ARE. FLARPING. SOLID!

Yes I know all of you know this already and you're all looking at me like I've gone quite mad and probably I have my brains are leaking out my ears right now cuz my mind is so blown and this is my actual face right now because THE BOULDERS ARE SOLID!

0HuVmGV.pngA

All the likes! You get ALL the likes!

32 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

The boulders are solid.

THE BOULDERS ARE SOLID!

THE. BOULDERS. ARE. FLARPING. SOLID!

Yes I know all of you know this already and you're all looking at me like I've gone quite mad and probably I have my brains are leaking out my ears right now cuz my mind is so blown and this is my actual face right now because THE BOULDERS ARE SOLID!

0HuVmGV.png

All the likes! You get ALL the likes!

I cant count how many times I have forgotten and ran into them with a rover,  destroying everything 

Edited by Galileo

Very nice work, I just downloaded and installed this in order to provide a more pleasant experience.

I have a question however. I noticed these milky white marks on the ground:

ce73a1c9637b4a29a8356ce54f06942e.png

At night they're even brighter, i think they suppose to represent cities or populated areas? I was wondering, is there any way to remove those I like a lot the pristine, non populated, deep green surface.

I also have SVE installed, with Scatterer and Distant object disabled (it eats 10 fps). I noticed these marks though after installing the stock terrain mod and required Kopernicus. Any ideas ?

<update>

Well I think I fixed it. The issue was probably not cause by your mod, but EVE. I took out the Stock visual enhancements component and only left the environmental ones, the issue disappeared and my fps climbed from 40 fps to 120.  A no brainer really, I guess I can't afford any visual enhancements :(

Edited by Zamolxes77

8 minutes ago, thedarkplayer said:

Hi, I think that the download on spacedock is broken, I tried to download it like 20 times and it always fails near the end. Is there a mirror download? 

No at the moment SpaceDock is the only place to get it from. Try a different browser?

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 1:18 AM, Galileo said:

I cant count how many times I have forgotten and ran into them with a rover,  destroying everything 

Yeaaaa is there a way to disable scatter collision? Its cool and all don't get me wrong, but I tend to do a lot of circumnavigations on autopilot and, well...

5 minutes ago, Motokid600 said:

Yeaaaa is there a way to disable scatter collision? Its cool and all don't get me wrong, but I tend to do a lot of circumnavigations on autopilot and, well...

Lol I can imagine your troubles.  Yes you can disable them but only in the cfg's and you will have to go into each one and find this in each scatter node

collide=True

And set it to false.  

Kerbin has quite a few.  The rest should only have about one or two that you will have to change. 

Edited by Galileo

Attention @yixingking and all other OpenGL users: I have found a way to jerry-rig SVT to work with OpenGL!

Instructions:

1. Download Texture Replacer
  2. Go to the Dres folder
  3. Copy all textures EXCEPT THE HEIGHTMAP in the PluginData folder into the Default folder inside TextureReplacer.
  4. If you have done it right, your Default folder should look like this: http://i.imgur.com/dmcQSMe.png?2
  5. Go into Dres.cfg.
  6. Comment out the lines "texture" and "normals" (They should be in Body / ScaledVersion / Material.) 
  7. Repeat for all planets.
  8. Enjoy!

http://i.imgur.com/mjjvV4a.png

Edited by Osmium

Welp, that bug is driving me insane. Maybe it is not connected with SVT, but with Kopernicus/TextureReplacer/etc., but I've had it only with that mod.

Disappearing planet textures. It happened with Mun once, and with Minmus twice. Sometimes it doesn't go away entirely, but becomes somewhat transparent.
http://imgur.com/a/iywU0

Thank you in advance

Edited by smysha

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.