-3699 m

Round 6 UF-8 vs DF-54 Basilides

-12713 m

-16139 m

-14937 m

-8987 m

-6541 m

A note on Round 6 Fight 1:

The forums notification, by the way, is in the video.The 5s count was used in this case. Further, the missile did miss. 

Round 7 AVRO Stealth vs Swift B9

-9602 m

-8562 m

-18929 m

-3517 m

-16357 m

Round 8 F-18 Viper vs UF-7

-13494 m

-8936 m

-6747 m

-16898 m

-12623 m

Edited by Alphasus

On 8/16/2016 at 7:51 PM, Alphasus said:

How have the fights looked insofar?

They're looking good!

But I also want to say that the version of my plane you're currently running isn't the updated version I said I made. Although I'm surprised how well my plane is doing right now, so I don't mind if you keep it in.

Just now, drtricky said:

They're looking good!

But I also want to say that the version of my plane you're currently running isn't the updated version I said I made. Although I'm surprised how well my plane is doing right now, so I don't mind if you keep it in.

Oh, I'm very sorry about that. Would you like the updated design to be put in for the next fights?

Edited by Alphasus

@drtricky

@DoctorDavinci

@gag09

@Keudn

@Combatsmithen

If anybody would like to update their crafts to any versions that were uploaded to filesharing sites before 12:00 Aug.15th EST, send me the new craft. I WILL be checking the upload dates on those files. If your filesharing service doesn't support viewing upload dates(KerbalX), I will not assume that your craft was uploaded before the entry date, because I have no confirmation at all of the upload date. If it is after 12:00 PM Aug.15th EST, I won't accept the new entry. If you feel that your updated plane could have won your matchup(if it occurs after this date)and you didn't send it to me, then it is not a transgression of mine. I will not rerun any matchups, but I will use the updated plane if it passes the terms stated above. This statement is made to restrict any ambiguity if any controversy occurs on this topic.

Edited by Alphasus

2 hours ago, Alphasus said:

No, seriously. You are in semi-finals. If you feel it will make any difference at all, just say the word.

The updated version is slightly heavier than the current version you're running, and I've noticed almost all the fights have been decided with AIM-120's. I'd much prefer less firepower for slightly improved maneuverability in this case.

Edited by drtricky

Round 9 DF-54 Basilides vs Swift B9

-10979 m

-12791 m

-6012 m

-6574 m

-9444 m

-5129 m

-14329 m

-16173 m

Round 10 F-18 Viper vs Raptor 2

-14333 m

-18771 m

-15132 m

-4331 m

-14049 m

Round 11 UF-8 vs A dorito

-14921 m

-4547 m

-10589 m

-12564 m

-15814 m

Round 12 F-18 Viper vs Swift B9

-5717 m

-15710 m

-17843 m

-9486 m

-19570 m

Edited by Alphasus

Well It sucks that I didn't do too well. In the last tourny held for the original top gun AI I made it all the way to the finals, not sure if I won or not due to the guy who was doing it ragequitting due to the forum eating his post. A Dorito screwed me over, It was basically a flying wing. My plane would win in a gun fight, but in a missile fight, maneuverability isn't as important. 

BTW did you count the matches as a loss when my plane crashed on takeoff?

P.S. It also sucks due to angle of attack limitations the AI can't take full advantage of the maneuverability, it is a fighter that performs best under player control.

P.P.S put the names of the contestants vessels  in the title of the video. Just makes it easier to find things on the youtube channel

P.P.P.S Round 10 doesnt exist, its not on here and its not on your youtube channel

Edited by Combatsmithen

4 minutes ago, Combatsmithen said:

Well It sucks that I didn't do too well. In the last tourny held for the original top gun AI I made it all the way to the finals, not sure if I won or not due to the guy who was doing it ragequitting due to the forum eating his post. A Dorito screwed me over, It was basically a flying wing. My plane would win in a gun fight, but in a missile fight, maneuverability isn't as important. 

BTW did you count the matches as a loss when my plane crashed on takeoff?

P.S. It also sucks due to angle of attack limitations the AI can't take full advantage of the maneuverability, it is a fighter that performs best under player control.

P.P.S put the names of the contestants vessels  in the title of the video. Just makes it easier to find things on the youtube channel

P.P.P.S Round 10 doesnt exist, its not on here and its not on your youtube channel

Yes,I did count it as a loss when the plane crashed because I mentioned it to you personally and added an addendum to the rules in a post.

The AI probably could, you might need to mess with Steer Factor and Dampening.

I'll do that for all current videos as best I can.

Round 10 exists at the moment. It was uploading. Sorry...

1 hour ago, Alphasus said:

Yes,I did count it as a loss when the plane crashed because I mentioned it to you personally and added an addendum to the rules in a post.

The AI probably could, you might need to mess with Steer Factor and Dampening.

I'll do that for all current videos as best I can.

Round 10 exists at the moment. It was uploading. Sorry...

oh. I thought you told me that if it crashed on takeoff you wouldn't count it as a loss and just restart the round

6 minutes ago, Combatsmithen said:

oh. I thought you told me that if it crashed on takeoff you wouldn't count it as a loss and just restart the round

Yeah, but it happened often enough that I made said post, because restarting would take far too long per video, and I couldn't give you special treatment. Also, your engines were fine. Keudn's were not.

Edited by Alphasus

1 hour ago, Alphasus said:

Yeah, but it happened often enough that I made said post, because restarting would take far too long per video, and I couldn't give you special treatment. Also, your engines were fine. Keudn's were not.

what do you mean my engines were fine and Keudn's were not?

1 hour ago, drtricky said:

I thought maneuverability was very important for dodging missiles?

it is. But, speed helps you get away faster, and close distance faster. The original raptor was designed for gun fights, which it excelled at due to its great TWR and maneuverability, it had no missiles to worry about. The new raptor has to deal with missiles coming at it, and the AI is kinda dumb at flying super maneuverable fighters, sometimes it will kill all your speed and then try to maneuver out of the way of a missile while its going 30 M/s and its a sitting duck. Unless you make a UFO like the Dorito which literally flies like a UFO, you stand no chance in a fight like this.

I'm just a bit salty that my plane crashed on takeoff so many times..... In my testing it rarely crashed on takeoff, and mostly in the initial design stages it was the landing gear being overstressed causing it to bounce around, which appears to be happening in the tournaments, but I fixed that before I sent it in and it doesn't happen on my save. So IDK whats happening.

Can't wait for the next tournament to see what it is so I can begin designing the Raptor 3 N.E.X.T. :D:cool:

P.S. I would prefer 2v2 tournaments like the last top gun AI tournament. I feel it gives you more of a chance

Edited by Combatsmithen

On 8/21/2016 at 4:54 PM, Combatsmithen said:

it is. But, speed helps you get away faster, and close distance faster. The original raptor was designed for gun fights, which it excelled at due to its great TWR and maneuverability, it had no missiles to worry about. The new raptor has to deal with missiles coming at it, and the AI is kinda dumb at flying super maneuverable fighters, sometimes it will kill all your speed and then try to maneuver out of the way of a missile while its going 30 M/s and its a sitting duck. Unless you make a UFO like the Dorito which literally flies like a UFO, you stand no chance in a fight like this.

I'm just a bit salty that my plane crashed on takeoff so many times..... In my testing it rarely crashed on takeoff, and mostly in the initial design stages it was the landing gear being overstressed causing it to bounce around, which appears to be happening in the tournaments, but I fixed that before I sent it in and it doesn't happen on my save. So IDK whats happening.

Can't wait for the next tournament to see what it is so I can begin designing the Raptor 3 N.E.X.T. :D:cool:

P.S. I would prefer 2v2 tournaments like the last top gun AI tournament. I feel it gives you more of a chance

How about a 2v2 tournament following these rules:

Rules

-No mods. (Except for BDarmory)

-Fights are 2v2(of the same plane, so 2 of plane A and 2 of plane B)

-Fights are best of 3, finals are Bo5

-The last flying aircraft wins. If both are destroyed in the sky, the round is considered a draw. If they die within 5 seconds of each other, it's a draw.

-75 parts at most

-400 fuel per J-404

-500 per TurboRamjet

-200 per Wheesley

-100 per Juno

-REACTION WHEELS ARE ALSO NOT ALLOWED.

-All designs must be withing the point limit, which is stated below.

-All turrets MUST be fixed forward

-Two entries per tournament.

-No clipping fuel tanks or engines. They can be slightly clipped for looks, but not completely inside each other. Structural parts and ammo, guns, gear, etc. Is ok. Wings are OK as long as you're not putting all your wings inside the plane.

Point System

60 point limit

-AIM-9 - 5 Points

-AIM-120 - 4 Points

-All other missiles - 4 points

-Chaff - 2 Points

-Flares- 3 Points

-Ammo Can - 4 points (all types)

-.50 cal turret - 4 points

-GAU 8 30mm - 14 points

-M230 - 6 points

-Vulcan Hidden - 6 points

-Vulcan Turret - 8 points

-ECM Jammer - 20 points

-Goalkeeper - Banned

-Abrams Cannon - Banned

-M102 - Banned

-Millennium Cannon - Banned

ABL Laser - Banned

Setting up matches

To set up the match, all planes will be VesselMover'd into position, and then the host will quicksave, and start the match.

Already submitted crafts may be modified until the tournament starts on August 30th.

Any AI and Weapons Manager settings can be changed(but altitude settings must be default).

Edited by Alphasus

5 minutes ago, Alphasus said:

How about a 2v2 tournament following these rules:

Rules

-No mods. (Except for BDarmory)

-Fights are 2v2

-Fights are best of 3, finals are Bo5

-The last flying aircraft wins. If both are destroyed in the sky, the round is considered a draw. If they die within 5 seconds of each other, it's a draw.

-100 parts at most

-REACTION WHEELS ARE ALSO NOT ALLOWED.

-All designs must be withing the point limit, which is stated below.

-All turrets MUST be fixed forward

-One entry per tournament.

-No clipping fuel tanks or engines. They can be slightly clipped for looks, but not completely inside each other. Structural parts and ammo, guns, gear, etc. Is ok. Wings are OK as long as you're not putting all your wings inside the plane.

Point System

60 point limit

-AIM-9 - 5 Points

-AIM-120 - 4 Points

-All other missiles - 4 points

-Chaff - 2 Points

-Flares- 3 Points

-Ammo Can - 4 points (all types)

-.50 cal turret - 4 points

-GAU 8 30mm - 14 points

-M230 - 6 points

-Vulcan Hidden - 6 points

-Vulcan Turret - 8 points

-ECM Jammer - 20 points

-Goalkeeper - Banned

-Abrams Cannon - Banned

-M102 - Banned

-Millennium Cannon - Banned

ABL Laser - Banned

Setting up matches

If you are not already aware, BDarmory has an AI system, that is able to fly and fight planes. (As well as ground vehicles, but that is not our concern)

To set up the match, all planes will be VesselMover'd into position, and then the host will quicksave, and start the match.

Looks alright to me ... What about allowing us to edit our AI and WM settings?

2 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Looks alright to me ... What about allowing us to edit our AI and WM settings?

You may edit any settings you want in AI and WM. You can also request rules changes until 12:00PM tomorrow(8/22) EST. I will consider them.

Edited by Alphasus

Just now, drtricky said:

@Alphasus Are multiple entries allowed? And when I mean multiple entries, can we not only have 2 different planes fighting in a battle, but also submit two designs to fight independently?

No to the first one, and yes to the 2nd. You must have 2 of the same crafts in each fight, but can submit up to 2 designs.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.