Console Patches Update Discussion

7 minutes ago, Homedawgian said:

False. Fact check yourself, bud. Dates, forums, fanbase and websites say otherwise. As for RW1984, my apologies for earlier. It's 95 degrees out here and I'm dying at work. I was under the impression I was speaking to another Xbox player earlier before you commented, and as for the multiplayer comment, I was referring to the games I had just listed, not KSP. My bad on the miscommunication, my temper can get short when it gets hot. :wink:

I own all of those games so I don't really need to fact check. I was going on actual experience. All of those games release updates across multiple platforms within a week at best, or a month at most. That is just the way it is. Not looking to argue with you, bud.

Edited by chimpbone

2 minutes ago, chimpbone said:

I own all of those games so I don't really need to fact check. I was going on actual experience. All of those games release updates across multiple platforms within a week at best, or a month at most. That is just the way it is. Not looking to argue with you, bud.

I was just referring to the rule book on that one. Making claims like that requires citations. Not arguing here, just sayin'. Tone of voice is completely lost when you are talking via text rather than voice (the collective "you", not you personally). I wasn't meaning to sound snide or anything, I really do love you guys deep, deep down inside. :wink:

2 minutes ago, chimpbone said:

But they said in a dev note that when they released the patch they wanted it to make the port 'perfect'. If a priority fix takes two and a half months and more for ps4 I shudder to think when they'll fix the rest.  This is contrary to everything they've said previously.  My last scrap of trust in squad is gone.

I check this post among others every day waiting for a PS4 patch so I can move forward with unlocking mining parts and nuclear engines.  But I want to point out I never played the game before PS4, and as of yesterday I managed to finish fueling a big craft in orbit, pass by Jool and land on a beach on Laythe.  My point being, I am playing this game with hardly any crashes and data corruption using my method in the thread linked to below.  I do still have some crashing, the same bugs as everyone else, and corruption every once in a while and I have to load my USB save. 

Maybe I should take a pic of my tech tree so other players might have an idea of what parts NOT to unlock to avoid corruption? 

From the last devnote

Nestor, our producer, has some great news: the Xbox One patch has passed certification! This patch will be released this week and it will finally solve the save file issue that Xbox One players have been experiencing. Please stay tuned on the forum for the announcement.

Not yet official announced (in the forum at least) to be released but it can be it. 

My new game save was still deleted this time erased completly :(:(:(:(:(

it was a new save i played for around 3 hours and got off came back the next day it was gone i was like noooo then created another game played a few hours realized i cant make maneuvers anymore so i shut it off and came back a few hours later and i had my save but when i went to the launchpad to fly my ship the game crashed and the save is deleted again now im hoping the prisistant whatever save is still there if not sadly prolly deleting kerbal

Edited by LeftoverAnarchy

1 hour ago, Deadmanrunning said:

Could you explain? 

Like your old save disappeared when you updated or you started a new game and still had save curruption

I am confused about these comments as well. There seems to be a lot of people saying they are having the same problems, but I don't know if they are just upset because their old corrupted save got deleted and they have to start a new save, or if they are actually experiencing corrupted saves on new games post patch. I have started a new career and not encountered any corrupt save issues so far. 

58 minutes ago, chimpbone said:

I am confused about these comments as well. There seems to be a lot of people saying they are having the same problems, but I don't know if they are just upset because their old corrupted save got deleted and they have to start a new save, or if they are actually experiencing corrupted saves on new games post patch. I have started a new career and not encountered any corrupt save issues so far. 

Knock on wood man. Here's hoping this play through is the real game after our extended beta-trial-prerelease-chairity period.

I love the improvements!  I played with numerous simultaneous flights without crashes.  Tonight I will see if there were any rollbacks, but I am optimistic.  Way to go!

You get a corrupted save message when you open the game because the save files are in a new format.  You have to delete them from the console only and re-synchronize them from the cloud.

Adding fuel mass to the descriptions of the tanks is handy too.  It saves me a lot of cross referencing.

7 hours ago, Jonfliesgoats said:

I love the improvements!  I played with numerous simultaneous flights without crashes.  Tonight I will see if there were any rollbacks, but I am optimistic.  Way to go!

You get a corrupted save message when you open the game because the save files are in a new format.  You have to delete them from the console only and re-synchronize them from the cloud.

Adding fuel mass to the descriptions of the tanks is handy too.  It saves me a lot of cross referencing.

I just started again. I mean I had just unlocked mining resources before update but i'm happy to go through it all again if it means the main issues have been fixed (im in science mode so I changed my science reward from 100% to 500% on my new save in order to catch back up quicker)

Spoke too soon.  I noticed I couldn't edit maneuver nodes, so I restarted the game.  When I tried getting back to play Poof!  No saves at all.  All games are lost.  I had four active flights and six flags with no debris flying when the issue occurred.

Worse, I cannot sync my data from the cloud.  Seems like the patch may not have been all that great.

10 minutes ago, Jonfliesgoats said:

Spoke too soon.  I noticed I couldn't edit maneuver nodes, so I restarted the game.  When I tried getting back to play Poof!  No saves at all.  All games are lost.  I had four active flights and six flags with no debris flying when the issue occurred.

Worse, I cannot sync my data from the cloud.  Seems like the patch may not have been all that great.

Was this with a Pre-Patch save? I havent seen anyone complaining of crashes with new saves?.

I'm happy to cut my losses if ive finally got a working game :D

10 minutes ago, Jonfliesgoats said:

Can anyone confirm this? If this is the case, then there is clearly no QA process at all, just guess work. There's no way that they took 2 months to patch this just to have people lose their save files again, less than 2 days after release.

QA consists of sitting down and playing the game extensively. If the patch hasn't worked then clearly there was no testing period. Sounds like a few people might be losing their jobs...

7 minutes ago, AndyChilly said:

Was this with a Pre-Patch save? I havent seen anyone complaining of crashes with new saves?.

I'm happy to cut my losses if ive finally got a working game :D

Please please please be the case. If not, I'm completely done. I restarted just to be on the safe side. If all of this was for nothing then I will seriously consider filing for a class action.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.