Stock Community Space Program [New Thread by Scientia]

DMSP

16 hours ago, TwinKerbal said:

Question: Can you allow longer time warps (with permissions only!)?

To get to Duna..... It is like a 1y mission, certainly not 30 days.

Only with permission though.

This is something that will come up very shortly when we figure out the Duna plans.

7 hours ago, Scientia1423 said:

Someone skip my turn, I won't have enough time to create the launch vehicle I need for my payload as I need to properly test it unlike I did with the other station modules since it's going to Duna.

@DMSP, Is it alright if I take the first slot in november?

I'll always take the first in a month, but you are welcome to have the second.

6 hours ago, TheGuyNamedAlan said:

@DMSP does save work in 1.2??

if not, i could always put an geostationary network up there.

I was also wondering how/when do you want to make the transition to 1.2 (as it is supposed to go out next tuesday). 

9 hours ago, TheGuyNamedAlan said:

@DMSP does save work in 1.2??

if not, i could always put an geostationary network up there.

As far as I know, no. If you have 1.2 now, please refrain from using the save. A network would definitely be good.

2 hours ago, valens said:

I was also wondering how/when do you want to make the transition to 1.2 (as it is supposed to go out next tuesday). 

I think at first, we check with everybody on the list, see if they have been updated, and then head over. I'll keep backups of course (1.2.1, 1.2.2, ect...)

1 hour ago, Scientia1423 said:

Alright, now to get to work

v3XoSsU.gif

I'd love to see that launch!

7 minutes ago, DMSP said:

I'd love to see that launch!

Imao I've finished the N1 already. It can go to space with Second stage 1/4 empty and I just cancelled my slot :D:D

Hopefully someone currently in squad adds the rocket revamp parts, it would give the engines a nicer look.

48 minutes ago, Scientia1423 said:

Imao I've finished the N1 already. It can go to space with Second stage 1/4 empty and I just cancelled my slot :D:D

Hopefully someone currently in squad adds the rocket revamp parts, it would give the engines a nicer look.

Alright! Should I take the save and pass it on?

3 hours ago, DMSP said:

I think at first, we check with everybody on the list, see if they have been updated, and then head over. I'll keep backups of course (1.2.1, 1.2.2, ect...)

u better dm people fast to check if they have 1.2! im using the 1.2 pre and i am finding my awkward geostationary network working fine (better than usual). also, the falcon 9 has just been tested of being capable of landing. im still working on the dragon V2. 

My N1 rocket has successfully gone into space with the LK/LOK payload which is what I'm sending to Duna. So far, the LOK isn't OK because It ran out of fuel when I tried to orbit the Mun. I'll need to make sure the first stage breaks out of the atmosphere then see how it goes from there.

I think if I'm desperate I could use one of the Kerbin stations to refuel block V to get to Duna.

I have a rocket currently that can send a small lander to Duna and bring it back.  It uses a mothership, lander, orbital rendezvous mission profile (basically it's Apollo style).  With permission I'd love to send it to Duna and do a simple landing before the rest of you guys do your more ambitious missions. Here's the album of my recent mission http://imgur.com/gallery/BCeWu .  If some of the text seems obvious it's because I also shared this album with people who don't play the game.

Edited by Chiron0224

On 9/6/2016 at 2:46 PM, Spartwo said:

D9reEt5.jpg

Modification to my planned launch. 100 tons was an underestimation, need to make room for 50 extra tons.

KTW3F0l.jpg

The planned 27th modules total 20 tons. The one at the end is rated for just over 1 ton to the surface and back. Would you consider making an exception to the module limit so that people can send small things without having to sacrifice something cool like a soyuz?

The destination is Dres for the record. 90/150 tons free "currently"

In orbit now. Keep track of mass. Don't pass 650 without adding additional fuel.

N1 was a successful launch into space, landed on the Mun and returned safely. I might need the use of gravity turn mod to help get more efficient orbits.

Here are some pictures I will dump here of the mission.

QMW4bud.png

o6r79aL.png

rWQkk3s.png

GP6ePcN.png

n1Ta1kE.png

I think I might need to launch an additional space craft to tow it to Duna as I can't seen to get it into space without wasting a lot of fuel. The stages oscillated like mad and I've over strutted the entire rocket. Suggestions?

1 minute ago, Scientia1423 said:

N1 was a successful launch into space, landed on the Mun and returned safely. I might need the use of gravity turn mod to help get more efficient orbits.

Here are some pictures I will dump here of the mission.

I think I might need to launch an additional space craft to tow it to Duna as I can't seen to get it into space without wasting a lot of fuel. The stages oscillated like mad and I've over strutted the entire rocket. Suggestions?

Just do what I do. strap 5 mk4 fuel tanks and 5 rhinos together, with a rockomax fuel tank and skipper for a lander. This will get you to the mun no problem. getting back though.....

Just now, nascarlaser1 said:

Just do what I do. strap 5 mk4 fuel tanks and 5 rhinos together, with a rockomax fuel tank and skipper for a lander. This will get you to the mun no problem. getting back though.....

lmao I'm looking for efficient methods. I used 1 mammoth engine surrounded by many twin boars and aerospikes...

2 minutes ago, Scientia1423 said:

lmao I'm looking for efficient methods. I used 1 mammoth engine surrounded by many twin boars and aerospikes...

oh. since it is my first (and only) mun lander, I do not care about efficiency....

Any suggestions for getting my idea back home though? I've got 3 guys stranded on the mun. My only other shuttle for the mun runs out of fuel at 500m up, and my guy uses up half his EVA fuel to survive the landing.

8 hours ago, nascarlaser1 said:

oh. since it is my first (and only) mun lander, I do not care about efficiency....

Any suggestions for getting my idea back home though? I've got 3 guys stranded on the mun. My only other shuttle for the mun runs out of fuel at 500m up, and my guy uses up half his EVA fuel to survive the landing.

I think you should get the Kerbal X, remove the crew, put an unmanned core underneath the parachute and send it to the site.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.