Stock Community Space Program [New Thread by Scientia]

DMSP

6 hours ago, valens said:

Based on the current forms of our space stations, here are a pair of badges for your missions :

UiEaE30.pngZv1G5HD.png 

These badges look really nice! Though i do hope we can still add to these stations in the future. I feel like Unity station needs a ring. A nice big low part count one.

Speaking of that, could i reserve the next available spot in october? I'd like to add:

-a medium (approx. 100t) mining/refuelling rig for the mun or minmus

-a ring for unity. a nice big low part count one.

-a nice tug for docking ships or hauling large fuel loads (or if the opportunity presents itself, sending an (ssto?) scanner probe to the outer planets instead)

Also, has anyone thought about how 1.2 will change this save? I guess we'll need to add in some comms satellites or something, but other than that i'm not sure what we're going to do

8 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

No it doesn't. Seems all the formatting was removed.

Didn't you put all the files from the folder into the save? All of them needs to be there, otherwise it won't work. Or download it again because it might've been corrupted.

Edited by Scientia1423
Editing from mobile is weird...

1 minute ago, Scientia1423 said:

Didn't you put all the files from the folder into the save? All of them needs to be there, otherwise it won't work. Or download it again because it might've been corrupted.

Why would the quick save be needed? If the persist works then it's unneeded.

Ill attempt another download.

2 hours ago, quasarrgames said:

Also, has anyone thought about how 1.2 will change this save? I guess we'll need to add in some comms satellites or something, but other than that i'm not sure what we're going to do

I've already done that.

1 minute ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Why would the quick save be needed? If the persist works then it's unneeded.

Ill attempt another download.

I didn't f5 after clearing up the people's debris so theres that I guess

9 hours ago, valens said:

Based on the current forms of our space stations, here are a pair of badges for your missions :

UiEaE30.pngZv1G5HD.png 

Nice! As some people have pointed out the stations will continue to change but I still think these look awesome!.  I would get the gateway one since that's the one I contributed to of course.

2 hours ago, TwinKerbal said:

how do we send the save file once we're done?

Put the persistent and quicksave in a zip file (not everyone can access rar) then post on google drive/dropbox/etc and get download/shareable link.

Just leaving a link here about the OP being offine from 22 sep-1 oct.

5 minutes ago, Scientia1423 said:

Put the persistent and quicksave in a zip file (not everyone can access rar) then post on google drive/dropbox/etc and get download/shareable link.

Just leaving a link here about the OP being offine from 22 sep-1 oct.

Right.  I forgot XD

22 hours ago, valens said:

UiEaE30.pngZv1G5HD.png 

This.

Is.

Awesome.

Thank you so much for making this.

16 hours ago, quasarrgames said:

These badges look really nice! Though i do hope we can still add to these stations in the future. I feel like Unity station needs a ring. A nice big low part count one.

Speaking of that, could i reserve the next available spot in october? I'd like to add:

-a medium (approx. 100t) mining/refuelling rig for the mun or minmus

-a ring for unity. a nice big low part count one.

-a nice tug for docking ships or hauling large fuel loads (or if the opportunity presents itself, sending an (ssto?) scanner probe to the outer planets instead)

Damn, I need to go over everything for October...

1.2. Hmm. When it's released, I'll check back with the save to make sure everything is running ok. Then only people in 1.2 can use it.

Also, I'll sent up 6-9 communications satellites in my next turn. I know, bending the rules abit, but we need those satellites for this save to run.

15 hours ago, TheGuyNamedAlan said:

it looks like 29-30th is free. can i take that spot??

I can't do anything this month, sorry. Check page 9 for details. If not, basically it was decided that (after 3 missed turns) that we'll pause the station until October comes to make sure everybody regroups, and that I'm not away from my KSP computer if something happens to the save.

7 hours ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Sorry for my late response, @DMSP, yeah I'm good with being delayed. Just give me the new date :)

Alright, I'll have to make a list for October!

6 hours ago, Flamingo said:

@DMSP

This really sounds interesting to me, so i would like to join in with a spacedock, for the spaceplane on the Unity Station. Im gonna post a picture later, but are you interested?

Yes! You can put anything (reasonable) you want up. But it will have to be in October.

4 hours ago, TwinKerbal said:

Hi!

Just confirming I am on for the 23-24th.

Also how do we send the save file once we're done?

Hey!

And, it seems like @Scientia1423 solved the issue!

Thanks!

I guess, I'm putting the save on my thumbdrive (actually, two of them) and it's on my computer. No matter what, the save will still be safe. :)

I'm turning off my KSP computer after this. I'll sort out the October Issue tomorrow, but for now, we'll be back in 10 days.

Thanks again guys.

5 minutes ago, DMSP said:

Also, I'll sent up 6-9 communications satellites in my next turn. I know, bending the rules abit, but we need those satellites for this save to run.

I've secretly sent one to low Kerbin orbit ;).

SHHH ITS A SECRET NO ONE MUST KNO- oh...

Edited by Scientia1423

8 hours ago, nascarlaser1 said:

I have an idea. We could (in a separate thread, and once 1.2 drops) start a community space program! This would be the same rules, but instead of just building space stations, we run a space program in career mode!

Personally, I think it may be better if we just rename this to Stock Community Space Program. Go ahead if you'd like to, but Carrer mode has always been Grindy for me, so I'd be more than happy for someone else to lead it.

The rules would need to be a bit different though, as each person would really need 5 launches in early Carrer to get the most out of their turn.

9 hours ago, DMSP said:

Personally, I think it may be better if we just rename this to Stock Community Space Program. Go ahead if you'd like to, but Carrer mode has always been Grindy for me, so I'd be more than happy for someone else to lead it.

The rules would need to be a bit different though, as each person would really need 5 launches in early Carrer to get the most out of their turn.

oh. I have tried career only two times, and each time I"ve ended up getting such low rep, that the freaking government stopped bailing me out :(.

As I stated before, I would like to do an asteroid capture mission so if we have one that will encounter Kerbin in the near future of class C or less let me know.  That way I can request a turn slot in or near the capture window.

Unless that's too big of a pain, in which case I'll see if I can develop a different station module or other launch idea.

Edited by Chiron0224

On 9/30/2016 at 8:51 PM, Noname117 said:

I hate to say this, I think I'm going to cancel my shuttle launch for now. Someone else can take my time slot

Don't cancel yet.

54 minutes ago, RocketSquid said:

@DMSP, I would like a turn, but only after 1.2 drops. Put me on the list with a note, or however you want to handle that.

BTW, I would be sending an unmanned supply vehicle and a science/communications module.

Sure! I'll get everything in now.

We're back!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.