[1.2] Galileo's Planet Pack (development thread) [v0.9]

Galileo

1 minute ago, Jiraiyah said:

oh i see, woot with 27 buddies, who needs those extra mods :D but if the orbits of OPM and other mods won't hit your mod's ones, would they work? i mean, is there anything in them that would not work because of the tweaks you made to galaxy?

<-- he is stupidly greedy for more buddies all around galaxy :wink:

If the orbits don't interfere than they would work.  If you have the knowledge, you can edit opm cfgs to ensure they don't interfere. 

Just now, Galileo said:

If the orbits don't interfere than they would work.  If you have the knowledge, you can edit opm cfgs to ensure they don't interfere. 

unfortunately i don't have that sort of knowledge but i will sure take a look at them both in one place and if i can, i will tweak it so that they would work side by side.

one more question (last one i promiss) what would happen if two orbits interfere, i mean other than game playing problems, would game crash or what?

thanks for info sir

11 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

unfortunately i don't have that sort of knowledge but i will sure take a look at them both in one place and if i can, i will tweak it so that they would work side by side.

one more question (last one i promiss) what would happen if two orbits interfere, i mean other than game playing problems, would game crash or what?

thanks for info sir

I haven't tried but typically what happens is the planets that interfere won't show up at all

56 minutes ago, Galileo said:

They will interfere for sure.  

Ok, i got your pack, may i ask why did you redistribute many mods? are they tweaked or just to give option to people to use it? because if they are not changed, well, you could just link them in op and make the size of your mod smaller :/

1 minute ago, Poodmund said:

Galileo is there anything more you'd like me to knuckle down with or are things starting to wrap up?

I lost the heightmap you made for Icarus lol also it needs a biome map desperately.  Other than that,  anything you think could be better,  go for it! 

Just now, Galileo said:

I lost the heightmap you made for Icarus lol also it needs a biome map desperately.  Other than that,  anything you think could be better,  go for it! 

oh no more Stock visual enhancement with your planet mod pack?

4 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

oh no more Stock visual enhancement with your planet mod pack?

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

Kopernicus just updated. While the actual planet pack should work,  the SVE cfgs and scatterer will not.  I will have an update out probably tomorrow evening as I have class until 11pm and again at 7am tomorrow so I won't get anything done today. 

The cfgs for SVE and scatterer are custom for this mod. Default SVE and Scatterer do not work with this mod. 

Edited by Galileo

3 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

Oooh have you checked to see if the station models that actually show on the ground are still there :P 

i have not. I only had time this morning to throw GPP and the new Kopernicus into my game data to see if it ran.

this is all i got to see: 
Jq23yqF.png

If the actual model is there, it is likely a very, very small island

13 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

From my experience, the game will play just fine even if the orbits interfere.  In fact, I once by accident had two planets occupying the same space at the exact same time.  The planets' orbits are on rails, so the bodies don't gravitationally effect one another.  This allows scenarios to exist in the game that couldn't possibly exist in real life.  If GPP and OPM where both installed, the game might work OK (don't know for sure because I've never tried it), but you would have two overlapping planetary systems with orbits that couldn't realistically coexist.

@Galileo

sir in your mod's folder there is a folder called Ciro but the config for description tells test, is it implemented or is it something you are working on it right now? i mean, should i see it in command center or not?

because if we should not yet see it in map, i have a nasty good news for those who are greedy for more planets like me :D

a45eedf0ae8b44f28d40648260a2e314.png

Kerbal galaxy should work like charm side by side your mod :wink: woot woot, mooooooore planets :D

Edited by Jiraiyah

11 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

@Galileo

sir in your mod's folder there is a folder called Ciro but the config for description tells test, is it implemented or is it something you are working on it right now? i mean, should i see it in command center or not?

because if we should not yet see it in map, i have a nasty good news for those who are greedy for more planets like me :D

Kerbal galaxy should work like charm side by side your mod :wink: woot woot, mooooooore planets :D

This planet pack is still far from done being developed. Not everything is finished.

13 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

@Galileo

I'm assuming it's this Kerbal Galaxy? 

good then, right now at least with your current system, you can say that it is very well compatible with kerbal galaxy, unless you tend to put planets near 1,099,738,383,616m orbit, the two mods would not interfere i hope

2 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

I'm assuming it's this Kerbal Galaxy? 

no sir this is the forum thread

but be warned with original scatterer it has a nasty memory leak, with the version provided by galileo there is no memory leak but i assume, it won't have scatterer effects around his planets, right now the developer has problems with his pc, but soon he will work on the problem

Edited by Jiraiyah

50 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

@Galileo

Ciro is the sun.  @Galileo has tried renaming the sun so that it appears as Ciro in the game, but there is some issue that has prevented that from being implemented.  I don't recall exactly what the problem is but I'm sure Galileo can tell you.  Hopefully he'll be able to rename it in a future release.

Niven is officially 20n more awesome. The South Pole is a sporting arena! :D Pod Racers/MotorCross HYYYYPE!

irUjhiK.jpg

0UwknsS.jpg

Landing and hunting down those lakes exploring aside. I made a dV tester craft so I could measure the amount needed for landing/launching and add that to a per-planet chart... I forgot to test for sync. orbit SMA. Peeps would love that too. I've decided to not feature surface-mineable resources anymore as they're still bound to change within the planets, there are just so many and there are even more now with CRP's evolution for KSP 1.2.

ZSrCJQf.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

14 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Niven is officially 20n more awesome. The South Pole is a sporting arena! :D Pod Racers/MotorCross HYYYYPE!

irUjhiK.jpg

0UwknsS.jpg

Landing and hunting down those lakes exploring aside. I made a dV tester craft so I could measure the amount needed for landing/launching and add that to a per-planet chart... I forgot to test for sync. orbit SMA. Peeps would love that too. I've decided to not feature surface-mineable resources anymore as they're still bound to change within the planets, there are just so many and there are even more now with CRP's evolution for KSP 1.2.

ZSrCJQf.jpg

My Oh my!!!  individual planet dossiers?!?!?  Love it.  I'm working on the 1.2 version as I type this.  Hopefully I'll have it ready by tomorrow. 

Edited by Galileo

SEhtwtA.png

UPDATE

v0.8

• Update to 1.2

• Mac and Linux compatibility version

• Renamed Sun to Ciro....again.

• SVE cfgs are now more performance friendly

• Planet descriptions are complete

This is still a beta version so expect some bugs

Known issues are listed in the OP

Windows Download

Mac and Linux Download

Edited by Galileo

10 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Yaaas, now I can finally start my 1.2 save :0.0:

dont act like you were waiting on me :) I could have given you the keys to the mod development repo had you just asked. i can't tell you no!

5 minutes ago, Galileo said:

dont act like you were waiting on me :) I could have given you the keys to the mod development repo had you just asked. i can't tell you no!

YOU TELL ME THIS NOW!? Omg :P I'll let you know if I run into any bugs :wink: 

6 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

YOU TELL ME THIS NOW!? Omg :P I'll let you know if I run into any bugs :wink: 

there are a few i know of at the moment but they are out of my hands.

like the KerbNet stations. I tried moving them around on Gael so they could be on land, and I could accomplish this with kittopia tech but unfortunately its not possible to keep them there persistently according to sigma88. It may need a plugin and im not the guy for that job. Also, Tellumo has the same KerbNet stations. Once i figure out how to move them or remove them i will update again. Its kinda cool though. It allows for travel between Gael and Tellumo without having to set up a network :)

Edited by Galileo