[MODDED] OSIRIS-REx + Atlas V 411

I wanted to make a replica of OSIRIS-REx for the launch in three days, so I made one (for Tory Bruno and @IonStorm). I didn't get to go to an asteroid because none spawned while I was in the Tracking Station, but here's my launch!

Thanks to @CobaltWolf, @Beale, and @passinglurker for making the parts @sarbian for MechJeb to automate it, and @Galileo for the visuals!
It requires Bluedog Design Bureau, Tweakscale, Tantares, and MoarMk1 to function.

Download at KerbalX!

8 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

... yes? If you want realistic rockets you have to use a 2x or 3x rescale. We're balanced against stock parts.

I know it's balanced like that, just never knew it was both tanks. That explains why I always get a TWR of 2 on launches with Atlas...

Just now, legoclone09 said:

I know it's balanced like that, just never knew it was both tanks. That explains why I always get a TWR of 2 on launches with Atlas...

yeah. And it needs a different Centaur tank that I haven't had time to make yet. The Atlas V centaur is (iirc) almost twice as long as the Centaur D you used.

33 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

You can thank the RSP team for the constant interruption of Skype messages!

I noticed that after the fact as well, same as cursor being recorded. :D

EDIT: @CobaltWolf So it should have looked more like this?
m5heu7E.png

Edited by legoclone09

On September 6, 2016 at 1:30 AM, legoclone09 said:

Thanks! And I knew about hos challenge, and pinged him in the OP. I didn't enter because I didn't get to an asteroid, none showed up for me.

I've been busy lately, sorry didn't notice the ping.  There is a category for aesthetics only.

On 9/5/2016 at 11:24 PM, legoclone09 said:

I noticed that after the fact as well, same as cursor being recorded. :D

EDIT: @CobaltWolf So it should have looked more like this?
m5heu7E.png

Centaur is supposed to have 1 engine on the 411 variant

the last 1 on then end of Atlas 411 stands for 1 centaur engine and centaur tank is slightly to short...

Just now, Noah_Blade said:

Centaur is supposed to have 1 engine on the 411 variant

the last 1 on then end of Atlas 411 stands for 1 centaur engine and centaur tank is slightly to short...

Yeah, I noticed that after. I learned about the only one engine yesterday and I know the tank is a little short, there isn't the correct tank in Bluedog Design Bureau yet.

1 minute ago, legoclone09 said:

Yeah, I noticed that after. I learned about the only one engine yesterday and I know the tank is a little short, there isn't the correct tank in Bluedog Design Bureau yet.

you can stack centaur tanks....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.