Tokamak Industries Refurbished Parts - Dev thread

Tokamak

On 6-9-2016 at 10:52 PM, Tokamak said:

GRtvLoJ.jpg

@-MadMan-I

Could you please also make a version that is compatible with Artificial gravity by tumbling pigon style, meaning the deck are layed our vertically instead of horizontally, like in tintins rocket

Edited by FreeThinker

15 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Just a bump to say that I'm looking forward to your updates - also that Roverdude updated USI Tools to 1.2-pre with his new Konstruction mod recently released.

Peace.

Well, I will take that as a compliment! I've gotten sidetracked by an animation project I'm working on, but i will get back to this shortly.

7 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Could you please also make a version that is compatible with Artificial gravity by tumbling pigon style, meaning the deck are layed our vertically instead of horizontally, like in tintins rocket

It's really a lot of work to make an IVA, so I probably won't make a whole new version of this, but I will keep that in mind for future parts. Having a part oriented where where "down" isn't along the long axis is definitely the exception.

Can I make a request? Is it possible to make the "Lights On" and "Inflate" two separate animations? I've been trying to separate the two for ages without success, and I was hoping you could. :)

On 10/10/2016 at 0:53 PM, Andem said:

Can I make a request? Is it possible to make the "Lights On" and "Inflate" two separate animations? I've been trying to separate the two for ages without success, and I was hoping you could. :)

I will look into how to do that. I've been a bit distracted from my KSP stuff by learning 3d modelling and animation in general, so I've got a big to-do list for my next mod release.

On 10/10/2016 at 4:34 PM, Mekan1k said:

That crew carrying tank looks awesome, but I think it was done before. In fact, I am very certain it was done before. Oh well. I can't find it, so cool!

Edit: FOUND IT!

Yeah, we both apparently found the same piece of old NASA concept art. :)

On 10/12/2016 at 5:04 PM, Tokamak said:

I will look into how to do that. I've been a bit distracted from my KSP stuff by learning 3d modelling and animation in general, so I've got a big to-do list for my next mod release.

Yeah, we both apparently found the same piece of old NASA concept art. :)

No, I mean Fus used to have a mod way back in .25 that was exactly this. But I really also want to see your version.

2 hours ago, Mekan1k said:

No, I mean Fus used to have a mod way back in .25 that was exactly this. But I really also want to see your version.

Yes, I've seen it. But BEFORE I'd ever seen it, I saw and was inspired by the same piece of concept art that he also saw.

lantr1.jpg

1 hour ago, davidy12 said:

@Tokamak: How's the update coming for the inflatables?

Quite well. I've got all of the modelling and animation dealt with, so I just need to get the CFGs in order. I've been busy with some other things, but I should be able to get the update out this week

• 3 weeks later...

Nice stuff!

Have you looked at 

?

Shadowmage has done some awesome stuff, but he has said that IVAs are so time consuming for him that they kill his workflow, so I think he's very open to people helping with that. He has a ton of station hab parts without IVAs, as well as some soon to come centrifuges (very WIP ATM, and subject to change). He also has Bigelow-like inflatables (very similar to PJ stuff in size). His crew pods have WIP IVAs...

You might take a look, then ask him about it.

4 hours ago, ISE said:

So I understand USI tools is a dependency, but regarding LS mods, would TAC LS be future supported LS mod? Just a suggestion :) 

That would be perfectly reasonable. I'm not 100% sure what would be required, but it can't be that complicated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

@Tokamak are you planning any further development, or a recompile to update to address the new unity and so-on that have come with the 1.3 upgrades? This isn't a "bug you" type post (tone is so hard on the interwebz), just curious as to plans, so I know whether or not I want to put this in my career game once I upgrade to 1.3 and beyond.

Edited by Murdabenne

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.