[KSP 1.3.1] Bon Voyage 0.13.2.1 - Make your wheels rolling! 2017-10-15

RealGecko

30 minutes ago, maja said:

Screenshots and logs can help, you know.

Apologies, I am not feeling well and am probably not thinking clearly. I was more asking if there was a setting or a log that might help me understand what I was doing wrong, rather than claiming the mod was broken and asking for support.

But if you're presuming the latter, here is my output log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yr3awsob3nmppj7/output_log.txt?dl=0

Image:

... I can't get embedding to work. :( 

https://imgur.com/ZHGkvJz

From the screenshot you can see it's cleared the launchpad and moving, at least.

Edited by LitaAlto

1 hour ago, LitaAlto said:

Apologies, I am not feeling well and am probably not thinking clearly. I was more asking if there was a setting or a log that might help me understand what I was doing wrong, rather than claiming the mod was broken and asking for support.

But if you're presuming the latter, here is my output log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yr3awsob3nmppj7/output_log.txt?dl=0

Image:

... I can't get embedding to work. :( 

https://imgur.com/ZHGkvJz

From the screenshot you can see it's cleared the launchpad and moving, at least.

I don't see a Bon Voyage Autopilot on that rover. That looks like a Rover Science rover brain on the front.

2 hours ago, flart said:

How to get «online wheels modifier» above 70% ?

It's not support power consumption wheels from kerbal-foundries, is it?

70% is the maximum. It's the simulation of various factors currently not implemented (mass, terrain etc.) which has influence on average speed. This is the subject of constant change and rebalance.

Currently are supported wheels implementing stock wheel and KSPWheel module. So wheels from Kerbal Foundries too.

Edited by maja

• 3 weeks later...

For those of us still stuck in 1.2.2:  How does this work??  I dropped everything for 0.12 into the GameData folder.  The toolbar icon works, and clicking it displays a list of exactly zero capable rovers.  I don't see a control module in the SPH or VAB.

Found the part in R&D and unlocked it.  Got the part in VAB, and a rover with the part has access, but I thought 0.12 notes on GitHub said it was partless.  Still trying to figure out exactly how it works on the rover.

Edited by HalcyonSon

Saw that, got confused by patch notes on GitHub.  Don't feel like reading 21 pages.  Figured it out anyway.  Found what might be an issue: during testing around KSC, even a 0.1 m/s drift when activating BV is enough to prevent leaving the current rover.  Haven't found a way to cancel BV after activating it.

The BV part is on the front of the craft.  I've selected a waypoint in the distance, made it active, saw "Path built" on the monitor, then clicked Poehali!!!.

Saw Bon Voyage!! and the big red message that's in the screenshot.  Craft does not move.  System check showed nothing.

My craft appears to comply with all requirements from the front page.  Nothing in KSP.log about the mod other than the buttons -- if you have specific information you'd like from the log, let me know !

dzGPr0w.png

Just now, mathuin said:

The BV part is on the front of the craft.  I've selected a waypoint in the distance, made it active, saw "Path built" on the monitor, then clicked Poehali!!!.

Saw Bon Voyage!! and the big red message that's in the screenshot.  Craft does not move.  System check showed nothing.

My craft appears to comply with all requirements from the front page.  Nothing in KSP.log about the mod other than the buttons -- if you have specific information you'd like from the log, let me know !

dzGPr0w.png

In order for Bon Voyage to work the craft itself cannot be loaded into physics ... This means it will not move your craft unless the craft is not the active vessel and/or any other craft can not be within the physics loading distance of said vessel

Go to the space center, the tracking station or do something with another craft that is outside of the KSP physics loading range

Edited by DoctorDavinci

4 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

In order for Bon Voyage to work the craft itself cannot be loaded into physics ... This means it will not move your craft unless the craft is not the active vessel and/or any other craft can not within the physics loading distance of the vessel

Go to the space center, the tracking station or do something with another craft that is outside of the KSP physics loading range

I will give this a try the next time I log in!

Does anyone have any interesting waypoint lists?  Something that would visit all the anomalies and biomes on a particular continent, or anything like that?

1 hour ago, mathuin said:

dzGPr0w.png

Bon Voyage is very shy and will not move if you're looking at it.  Leave it alone and it will move.

(Go somewhere else, get it outside physics range.)

Edited by Loren Pechtel

13 hours ago, mathuin said:

Does anyone have any interesting waypoint lists?  Something that would visit all the anomalies and biomes on a particular continent, or anything like that?

You can use SCANSat. It will show you all biomes and anomalies.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, first of all I have to say that this is one of my favourite mods! 
However one of my Bon Voyage controlled rovers has stopped working and I have no idea why. I can still set a path and click Poehali, but nothing happens to the rover in the background after that. Furthermore it has vanished from list of Bon Voyage rovers. https://imgur.com/VwQmHum

*Edit* So I went and launched another unrelated vessel. When looking back at my rover it now seems to have fixed itself, even though no amount of reloading or switching vessel had worked previously  :confused: very strange, but I'll take it     

Edited by ROCKETGOOSE

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.