Vomit animation, contract options

So I was talking with some folks, and a vomit animation for Kerbals came up. Does anyone else feel this is something missing from the game? You could even have it worked into tourism contracts where you are penalized for getting them sick. Thought? Complaints?

Tourists holding vomit bags in IVA, that would be wonderful! But I think that it would be better to have some sort of reputation bonus or even a contract to make them throw up - this is Kerbal Space Program we're talking about here :wink:. In real life, a lot of people go on theme park rides that make them sick, and that doesn't put people off, surprisingly.

But if it's a VIP, I can't imagine them being happy about an uncomfortable ride like that.

This is a totally Kerbal idea!

Hmm.   Vomit bags and/or spraying the portrait screen could certainly add humour to the situation. 

This reminds me of a short documentary I saw in my late teens of a news reporter in the second seat of an RAF F4 Phantom.  The pilot 'demonstrated' some combat manoeuvres and, not surprisingly,  the reporter made very good use of the vomit bag and his running commentary lacked a certain 'professional polish'. 

My first thought was to wonder if the animation could be done such that the Kerbal's vomiting would be slightly out of frame. Like, the Kerbal's face changes color, they get a queasy expression, then they double over, and you only see the top of their head. (implied puking).

However, this would create problems for the whole cut-away mode on crew compartments, and during IVA view.

This definitely belongs in the "mod that you could maybe download if you're really into it" category.

Tourists grabbing a barf-bag during High-G maneuvers sounds like a very reasonable compromise.

This actually sounds like a good idea, and to be fair should impact engineers and scientists as well considering that unlike pilots, they don't have a background in flight and often the first space flight for non-flyers is a rough one. I'm fairly certain this happened to several Apollo astronauts on their way into space (I believe this nearly ended the manned test flight of the Lunar Module on Apollo 9 iirc). 

The impact should simply be that their considering "Out of Action" (O.o.A.) and can't EVA or perform tasks. Should last at most an ingame hour but say 10 in game minutes would be fine and realistic.

tl;dr I approve and would like to see this expanded to engineers and scientists as well as tourists.

6 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

I'm fairly certain this happened to several Apollo astronauts on their way into space (I believe this nearly ended the manned test flight of the Lunar Module on Apollo 9 iirc). 

Not really sure of the prevalence. I recall reading that being sick got worse when ships started getting bigger and astronauts could move more.

Mercury need a shoehorn to get in.

Mercury need a pry-bar to get out.

Apollo was roomier. Especially when buddy was alone up there with the couches stowed.

ME

1 minute ago, Martian Emigrant said:

Not really sure of the prevalence. I recall reading that being sick got worse when ships started getting bigger and astronauts could move more.

Mercury need a shoehorn to get in.

Mercury need a pry-bar to get out.

Apollo was roomier. Especially when buddy was alone up there with the couches stowed.

ME

That is the case, as I mentioned with Apollo 9. 

So my point remains; engineers and scientists on their first voyage should possibly also get sick their first flight.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.