Kerbal Cockpit Simulator

Kotagi

So the first section is done(besides the panels). The first one was the hardest since it was the end. Need to add some screws to stop the bowing on the middle of the panels. I also wish I would have planed the bottom board to get rid of the grain look but oh well..Its not bad enough to start over. Tomorrow I will work on the back piece

E8CxFRQ.jpg

Edited by Kotagi

1 hour ago, Freshmeat said:

I am impressed by you keeping it up. You are not the first beginning such a project, but rarely we see it getting so far.

Showing the wife the pictures, she admitted it could be fun once the kids move out. So I'll be back in some five years :sticktongue:

Thats awesome. Im trying. Im to invested to give up now, then my wife really would kill me..lol

The first 3 meters are installed. I still have to paint the panels but I wanted to try them out. I also need to find more black covers like the first one. I might try to make some. I have 1 more meter in the mail, than I need to wait to the internet to replenish with meters, because I bought all the ones that I could find for 30 and under. Only 4 more. The first meter is for Electric Charge. Second is for current stage fuel/oxidizer, third is total stage fuel/oxidizer

RyqhCOu.jpg

W7u7mVb.jpg

1wffZrE.jpg

ef6FTlD.jpg

Edited by Kotagi

So Im thinking about building the ox cnc router to finish the panels. If I do I will probably pause on this until I finish. Im also having trouble getting softth to work with windows 10. While it is definitely playable as it, soft will account for the 4 inches of bezel and allow me to add 2 more screens to finish the flight view. I will not be able to without bezel compensation. Softth is the only program that will do bezel correction with PLP(Portrait, Landscape, Portrait) that I can find. So I believe its more probable that it works on windows 7 since thats what its built for. I dont have windows 7 and dont want to go though the work of setting up a dual boot unless I know it works. So if anyone would be willing to try SoftTH, and has windows 7, and preferably a multimonitor setup(though not required), let me know. Send me a pm. On windows 10 it crashes kerbal about 5 seconds into loading. If you can load your game, and creates a config file in your game directory than it worked. So anyone who would be willing to help me test that would be super awesome :cool:

ALSO: If you do try it, SoftTH has a 32bit and a 64bit. Use the version that you use in kerbal. So if you launch kerbal in 64 bit, then download and use the SoftTH 64 bit version, otherwise it wont work

confirmed it crashes the KSP executable in windows 10. (softTH dev is slow to non existent) I havent read the whole thread what will you be putting/rendering on the panels? Will they be for MFD screens? If so are they touchscreen by chance?

Edited by Redneck

20 hours ago, Redneck said:

confirmed it crashes the KSP executable in windows 10. (softTH dev is slow to non existent) I havent read the whole thread what will you be putting/rendering on the panels? Will they be for MFD screens? If so are they touchscreen by chance?

Its for the flight screens..It compensates for the bezels between screens so that as spheres move across the screens they dont become irregular shapes. My screens are almost 4 inches aparts so it doent make sense that the sphere continues directly off of the center screen. I need to create that 'dead space' between screens. I really think it will work with windows 7. Hopefully I can find someone who refused the Windows 10 update..lol. They got rid of the ghost monitors in the windows anniversary update I guess. That would have done the same thing. What I like about SoftTH is that it renders the multiple screens into one using only your best video card. So thanks for testing @Redneck if you know anyone with windows 7 tell them to test it :D. Hopefully we get a different result

Edited by Kotagi

What video card are you using? Nvidia control panel already has settings to span monitors and bezel correction. Mine are one 1440 on each end and 1600 in the middle. I tried for hours to recompile the SoftTH from the sources with no luck. I tried multiple versions of SoftTH 32 bit 64 bit everything I could think of its a no go for me anyways

Edited by Redneck

3 hours ago, Redneck said:

What video card are you using? Nvidia control panel already has settings to span monitors and bezel correction. Mine are one 1440 on each end and 1600 in the middle. I tried for hours to recompile the SoftTH from the sources with no luck. I tried multiple versions of SoftTH 32 bit 64 bit everything I could think of its a no go for me anyways

I have Nvidia gtx 970 but I am using Portrait Landscape Portrait setup and nvidia surround wont do that. You cant control the bezel correction without surround activated. I cant find anything that supports PLP except SoftTH. If you have any ideas let me know.

BTW It looks awesome with the bezel correction I really hope I can figure something out. It really isnt looking good at this point. Im still hoping it will work on windows 7. Crossing my fingers..

Edited by Kotagi

31 minutes ago, Kotagi said:

I have Nvidia but I am using Portrait Landscape Portrait setup and nvidia surround wont do that. You cant control the bezel correction without surround activated. I cant find anything that supports PLP except SoftTH. If you have any ideas let me know.

BTW It looks awesome with the bezel correction I really hope I can figure something out. It really isnt looking good at this point. Im still hoping it will work on windows 7. Crossing my fingers..

Uh, what are you referring to? :P
I've played with the Bezel correction stuff on windows 7 x64 - still working beautifully :) 

On 1/12/2017 at 9:10 PM, Kotagi said:

Ok i got the bezel figured out without any third party software. I used the 2 bottom screens to create space between the 3 top screens..I will try to post a pic tomorrow

Ahh, so were you using the windows screen alignment, or the Nvidia tool? 

I used the windows screen alignment. I figured out that only rule is that each screen must be touching another screen. When I was trying with just 3 flight screens, I couldnt add the bezel without breaking that rule. When I added the 2 bottom dash screens, I placed them in between and below the top flight screens, which allows me to use them as a sort of chain link. I hope that made sense. Next time I have it all setup I will take a screenshot if I remember

8 minutes ago, Sputnix said:

Ahh, so were you using the windows screen alignment, or the Nvidia tool? 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.