Key Down Mod Needed: Ctrl+Shift+W to Lock W to Down - Mod Needed

inigma

Surely there must be a mod or modder who can make a mod that locks W to always down on command. Anyone?

Idea: mod makes it so that hitting ctrl+shift+w locks it to down, and tapping w again releases the lock.

Edited by inigma

17 minutes ago, evileye.x said:

You are playing KSP, right? Can you figure out something of paperweight? :cool:

For years I've been using the paperweight. Thought I'd check in today to see if anyone still has come up with a modded solution. Would be great for a modlet. Calling @magico13 or @Claw or @DMagic or @linuxgurugamer. You guys are awesome modlet makers. Interested in picking this one up? First come first serve. :)

Edited by inigma

Just now, evileye.x said:

I may only guess, but may be it's about roving around. Or running. A lot

Oh, yeah I forgot about rovers, I use my flight stick throttle which takes care of that problem.   I wonder if there is a way to simulate an analog like a throttle using a 3rd party software.  Or maybe you could build a control with a trim pot and a USB input adapter pretty cheap.

2 minutes ago, evileye.x said:

...running. A lot

this.

2 minutes ago, Alshain said:

Oh, yeah I forgot about rovers, I use my flight stick throttle which takes care of that problem.   I wonder if there is a way to simulate an analog like a throttle using a 3rd party software.  Or maybe you could build a control with a trim pot and a USB input adapter pretty cheap.

Nah, just looking for something available on CKAN. A quick fix. I bet such a mod would be wildly popular until KSP coded it in.

9 minutes ago, inigma said:

this.

Nah, just looking for something available on CKAN. A quick fix. I bet such a mod would be wildly popular until KSP coded it in.

I'm not seeing any obvious way to do this in the API docs.  Not everything is moddable.

There was a mod called sticky keys, or sticky joystick, something like that. Don't know if it was updatet for recent KSP.
IIRC, it was featured on moding mondays long, long time ago.

Can't remember if it was worked in EVA, though. I think it was doing exactly wha tyou want. Controls are pushed slightly to certain percent and when you release "W" key, pitching stay in last position. Author was got idea from Microsoft flight simulator.

Have yet to search for proper name of mod.

EDIT:

Don't know if it still works, @inigma, you have to try it. It would be possible for someone to adjust it for EVA too if not work already in EVA.

Edited by kcs123

A simple way to do it might just be to simulate the "w" key being pressed during every Update. I don't imagine that'd be too difficult. I can maybe try it tonight since if it's that simple it shouldn't take any time at all to write up.

Here you go: http://spacedock.info/mod/962/Wwwwwwwww

Written for the 1.2 pre-release but probably works on earlier versions as well. Doesn't actually use much of anything from KSP, just Unity and Windows. Probably doesn't work on other operating systems. MIT license so do whatever you want with it.

Edited by magico13

16 hours ago, magico13 said:

Here you go: http://spacedock.info/mod/962/Wwwwwwwww

Written for the 1.2 pre-release but probably works on earlier versions as well. Doesn't actually use much of anything from KSP, just Unity and Windows. Probably doesn't work on other operating systems. MIT license so do whatever you want with it.

Awesome! Add it to your suite of modlets! :D I've featured your mod on SpaceDock.

9 minutes ago, inigma said:

Awesome! Add it to your suite of modlets! :D I've featured your mod on SpaceDock.

And I confirm it works in KSP 1.1.3!

On 27/09/2016 at 9:35 PM, kcs123 said:

There was a mod called sticky keys, or sticky joystick, something like that. Don't know if it was updatet for recent KSP.

Talking of sticky keys, I wonder if Windows sticky keys itself would work. Might be annoying to have to keep turning it off I guess.

10 minutes ago, Van Disaster said:

Talking of sticky keys, I wonder if Windows sticky keys itself would work. Might be annoying to have to keep turning it off I guess.

One of the first thing after fresh windows install is to turn off windows sticky key. Just because of that reason, it is quite annoying having it turned on, not only for KSP, but other games too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.