Get Your Mod and Stock Kerbal Craft Reviewed! Limited Time Offer! Submit Yours Today!

Mycroft

5 hours ago, U.S.S said:

Hey there! here is the "Bob" cat 5!

https://kerbalx.com/UnaptCo/Bob-cat-5-Armored-stock

5 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Fairly quick, electric powered and armed with an M1 Abrams turret, I now present for your approval the CANUKWorks DCM1 Mad Moose ... This variant (the slower one) consists of 106 parts

Turning on the lights turns on the fuel cells (activate fuel cell is set to this action group)

https://kerbalx.com/DoctorDavinci/DCM1-Mad-Moose---KerbalX

NOTE: I edited the stock textures to have it camoed in the picture

kZwsSBQ.png

Thank you both for your entries! They are being processed and will be reviewed soon!

Just now, DoctorDavinci said:

By all mean ... smash her up :cool:

Kry wont review it unless you show though, :/ so its up to you, unless you specifically allow him to do it in your absence and post the video on YouTube.

3 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

What do you mean show?

I just said to go and smash her up ...don't tell me I have to sign a waiver or whatnot

No you don't :D but the review seems a bit pointless if the creator doesn't actually show up and see the craft review... But if you tell me to review it without you, we will. Kryrano and I wanted to have the creators there, but I did tell hm that some won't be, so this is what we decided on. It sounds like you want us just to go ahead with it, so if you say yes, I'll give Kry the go ahead. Or we can wait on the craft. Thank you for your submission! 

4 minutes ago, eorin said:

Man give this a try, you want regret :wink:

https://kerbalx.com/Eorin/YF-12A-V5-By-Eorin

Cool, I will link it to Kry now!

Hold on, @eorin we already have that in the queue. If you want it reviewed today, show up at the stream, and we will do it!

1 minute ago, Thor Wotansen said:

If you want to you could review my Skyliner SSTO, designed for heavy lift applications.  It can haul up to 36 tonnes to LKO along with 4 kerbals, all while looking sexy.

7CNBITp.png

KerbalX download here.

Cool thank you! We will review it!

I've made a couple of lower-tech (i.e. non-Rapier) SSTOs that I'd like to see reviewed. First is the Grasshopper, a Whiplash and Aerospile-powered craft capable of carrying 4 Kerbals into space with enough dV left over to get to orbits up to 500km and no 1000-science parts.

gYtbGWR.png

After I built that I decided to go even more low-tech with the Gnat, a Panther and Reliant-powered SSTO capable of carrying 3 Kerbals to LKO using only 160-science or lower parts.

MTYffkk.png

A few notes: Although the Grasshopper is pictured here with its top side facing the sun for better lighting in the screenshot, in actual use its belly should be pointed sunward most of the time since that's where the solar panels are (you'll have to open the cargo bay to access them.) You should also keep a bit of fuel in your tanks during landing so that you can use it to balance the ship on its parachutes to make sure it comes down wheels-first.

With the Gnat, it's even more important that you have some LiquidFuel left on landing, as it doesn't have parachutes and needs to come down airplane-style. Plus, its batteries are typically nearly empty by the time it gets into the lower atmosphere so you'll want to run the Panthers in dry mode to use their alternators to recharge them. As such, it's absolutely critical that you not allow them to flame out on ascent; make sure you assign an action key to toggle them and shut them off immediately when their thrust drops to 10kN. Solar panel alignment is also important on this ship; it's got panels on both sides but they're inside the service bay so the sun needs to be shining directly at them for them to work.

The Gnat has a HECS probe core to keep it under that 160-science limit, but it runs a lot better with an OKTO2, so you might want to swap one of those into the service bay if you really want to get the most out of this design. It'll still reach LKO with a bit of margin for error on the HECS, but I've got it up to a 110km circular orbit with the OKTO2 (that little bit of mass savings helps a lot.)

Edited by Whisky Tango Foxtrot

6 minutes ago, Whisky Tango Foxtrot said:

I've made a couple of lower-tech (i.e. non-Rapier) SSTOs that I'd like to see reviewed.

Thank you for your submission! We are processing it, and I will tell you when we look at it!

9 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Hey, @U.S.S, @DoctorDavinci, and @Wanderfound, we happen to have a free day today (nobody showed up) so if you want, we can look at your ships and find creative ways to crash them! 

Feel free; I'm both working and in the Australian timezone, though, so you'll be doing it without me also.

As long as I'm submitting things to review, I might as well show off one of my most useful designs: The Shover Robot.

vj9w60i.png

It may not be pretty, but it (along with its predecessor, the Pusher Robot) is absolutely the workhorse of my fleet. I almost never launch vessels with enough fuel to get anywhere anymore; I just strap on enough rockets to get the payload into LKO, make sure there's a docking port in-line with the centre of mass, shove a Shover on that port and let it get to work. Need to transport crew to your station on Minmus? Just stick a docking port on either end of a Hitchhiker Container and let the Shover get them where they need to go. Need to move fuel around? Attach the Shover to a tank and let it go to work. When you're done just undock it and bring it to a station to refuel for its next job. Equipped with RCS for docking, A.I.R.B.R.A.K.E.S. for lowering apoapsis via aerobraking and an external command seat so that it can transport Kerbals unaided in an emergency. Guaranteed to protect you from the Terrible Secret of Space.

Edited by Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Hey, @Mycroft, I want to say THANK YOU for testing out my craft, I finally found the stream. Unfortunately I was unable to watch it live but I'm watching it now! If you ever need something else to review, I can give you a few more!

Thank you!

[Edit]: Also, the reason why the rocket's boosters would destroy the liquid engines was because I forgot to mention you needed to throttle down. I'll make an update on it.

Edited by DMSP

On 1/3/2017 at 5:46 PM, barrenwaste said:

Heya Guys an Gals, here's a stock strike bomber that I'd like you to review.  A standard bomb load is incorporated and the action groups are shown on the KerbalX page.

KC-78 KerbalX link

screenshot9_zpsqcdhz1uz.png

Thanks for your submission! We will process it and it will be reviewed soon!

23 hours ago, Whisky Tango Foxtrot said:

As long as I'm submitting things to review, I might as well show off one of my most useful designs: The Shover Robot.

vj9w60i.png

It may not be pretty, but it (along with its predecessor, the Pusher Robot) is absolutely the workhorse of my fleet. I almost never launch vessels with enough fuel to get anywhere anymore; I just strap on enough rockets to get the payload into LKO, make sure there's a docking port in-line with the centre of mass, shove a Shover on that port and let it get to work. Need to transport crew to your station on Minmus? Just stick a docking port on either end of a Hitchhiker Container and let the Shover get them where they need to go. Need to move fuel around? Attach the Shover to a tank and let it go to work. When you're done just undock it and bring it to a station to refuel for its next job. Equipped with RCS for docking, A.I.R.B.R.A.K.E.S. for lowering apoapsis via aerobraking and an external command seat so that it can transport Kerbals unaided in an emergency. Guaranteed to protect you from the Terrible Secret of Space.

Thanks to you too for your submission! We are processing it, and look forward to both these cool ships!

2 hours ago, DMSP said:

Hey, @Mycroft, I want to say THANK YOU for testing out my craft, I finally found the stream. Unfortunately I was unable to watch it live but I'm watching it now! If you ever need something else to review, I can give you a few more!

Thank you!

[Edit]: Also, the reason why the rocket's boosters would destroy the liquid engines was because I forgot to mention you needed to throttle down. I'll make an update on it.

Glad it was a help! We will be happy to review any craft you want us to (and by that I mean find new and innovative ways to crash it :P). Thanks for your amazing rocket!

55 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Glad it was a help! We will be happy to review any craft you want us to (and by that I mean find new and innovative ways to crash it :P). Thanks for your amazing rocket!

Alright! I'll probably have something in the next few months.

And no problem! Thanks again for the review.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.