[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

22 minutes ago, msnbcorp said:

I'm going to try it ^^.

If you have some time, You should update your spacedock asyour CKAN is connected to Spacedock for versioning it is frozen on 0.9.9.6 :wink:

Not really, because 0.9.9.9d is still under development. as I changes the savegame format twice in the last 3 weeks. I will update it as soon as I can consider the new release bugfree and stable (which looks good by now, but this is only two days without an bugrebort)

Most people don't use facilities anyway, I should update all Kerbin-Side statics as well, and that needs some time. Also I might have some nice addon to it :cool:

@Ger_space I've been trying KK with Kerbin Side Complete Continued (just the KSCUpgrades) but I can't get any statics to spawn past 0.9.9.6

is this expected as a result of the changes introduced in 0.9.9.7 or should they pop up?

if it's not supposed to do that I can provide logs

edit:

from reading the last pages it looks like you have a 0.9.9.9 release, but I haven't tried that since It didn't show up when I went on github yesterday

Edited by Sigma88

12 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

@Ger_space I've been trying KK with Kerbin Side Complete Continued (just the KSCUpgrades) but I can't get any statics to spawn past 0.9.9.6

is this expected as a result of the changes introduced in 0.9.9.7 or should they pop up?

if it's not supposed to do that I can provide logs

edit:

from reading the last pages it looks like you have a 0.9.9.9 release, but I haven't tried that since It didn't show up when I went on github yesterday

Sorry for my late answer, Yes the 0.9.9.9 will be a 1.0 release, It looks pretty stable by now, but I need to release a fixed Kerbin-Side along, as most facilities (like fueltanks and hangars) will cease to function, as thier configs are not poper set up. 

This will require some manual work and a bit of time. 

If your errors continue with the latest beta 0.9.9.9d please upload the logfiles

17 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

Sorry for my late answer, Yes the 0.9.9.9 will be a 1.0 release, It looks pretty stable by now, but I need to release a fixed Kerbin-Side along, as most facilities (like fueltanks and hangars) will cease to function, as thier configs are not poper set up. 

This will require some manual work and a bit of time. 

If your errors continue with the latest beta 0.9.9.9d please upload the logfiles

I get 404 from that link

46 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

there is the round-rock base included into KK. or you could install kerbin-side

yes I can confirm the last link you posted works for me, I might add that I like the new naming scheme :)

!!!Release Party!!!

I can proudly preset the Version 1.0 of Kerbal Konstructs. I have finished the refracturing of the Kerbal Konstructs code and introduced a new configuration parser, so KK writes out nicer .cfg files for its statics, wile beeing able to read legacy configs. The only catch had been the ones from Kerbin-Side, so if you use the facilities (except the launchsites) you need to upgrade the packages.

The good news:

This will be the last release, where I wanted to break any backward compatibility.
KK will need less CPU time and will generate less memory garbage while running, so KSP should run faster.
I'll continue the development.

The bad news:

With this release you will lose every information about open bases and facilities in Career Games. Please pull out every plane you had stored in hangars before upgrading. If you lost a lot of money while reopening your bases, you can give it back to you with the "alt+f12" cheats menue.

You can get it here: GitHub Release

Changelog: (since the latest non-beta release)

Changes for Players

• CommNet GroundStations should have the same range as RemoteTech stations
  • BugFix: GroundStation (all types) will now be opened up corretly on non career games
  • BugFix: GroundStations are displayed on the map on non career games.
  • new button for filtering WaterLaunches in the TrackingStation (&map)
  • new filter button for WaterLaunches in LaunchSiteSelector (in SHP)
  • BugFix: Removed some errors, when no RemoteTech is installed. 
  • KK now saves everything into the persisence.sfs. This als fixes some load errors, when the SaveFolder is not found.
  • KK now has per savegame settings. Now CommNet and RT support can be enabled/disabled for different savegames and is not set only once. 
  • the open/close state of facilities is no longer carried over to new games.

Changes for Modders:

• Editor: pressing save on  the instance editor will only save the current instance and not all files -> KSP no longer freezes for a few seconds
  • Facility Editor: the "Save" button will close the window
  • Facility Editor: BugFix: now has the current values loaded, when opened
  • Facility Editor: You can no define the default open state of a facility.
  • BugFix: KK will now load even when there are no placed model on a planet (hello to all RSS users)
  • Statics no longer need to be in one of the Groups (KSCUprades or KSCRace) to be visible from the SpaceCenter Scene. All Statics and Groups near enought are now seen.
  • BugFix: Repaired errors in LaunchSiteEditor, when no LaunchSite was previous set.
  • BugFix: Deleting an static with an LaunchSite removes also the LaunchSite references.
  • When saving a new object, its facilities are set to "Closed". (an OpenCost of 0 is allways open)
  • Editor: The "Select an object with the Mouse Key" was changed from "left-shift" to "Tab"
  • Editor: the heading can now be adjusted a bit more granually
  • Editor: The Static List now includes the "number of instances of the same model in the group"
  • New ConfigFile Format: KK will convert all legacy cfg.files to the new format and remove unused settings. Documentation is here: https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/wiki
  • Editor: Object will no longer be saved, when closing the window (X button) 
  • KK sets the PQS Object name to something parsable.  

Internal Changes:

• Code cleanup
  • compile fixes for KSP 1.3
  • replaced the Config-Parser. The new one is a bit faster on load.
  • reworked internal basae classes. This should improve the framerate a bit. 
  • more errors will now show up at compile time and not when running... this should result in less bugs. 
  • created the foundation for more interesting features.

I'm trying this out, with Kerbin-Side, in my new 1.3 career, and it seems pretty interesting.  It's nice to be able to launch from places other than KSC — especially in early career where I need to visit all the biomes for science.

Is there any documentation, though?  I don't see any instructions mentioned in the thread's OP, nor bundled in the download.  I'm wondering what "career strategy features" in the configuration window means, and why I'd ever want to close a base (especially when it costs money to do so), and how to use "NGS" and "operational facilities" in the in-flight UI.

BTW, it looks like KK 1.0 is meant for KSP 1.3, but the .version file still says it's for 1.2.2.

1 hour ago, Wyzard said:

I'm trying this out, with Kerbin-Side, in my new 1.3 career, and it seems pretty interesting.  It's nice to be able to launch from places other than KSC — especially in early career where I need to visit all the biomes for science.

Is there any documentation, though?  I don't see any instructions mentioned in the thread's OP, nor bundled in the download.  I'm wondering what "career strategy features" in the configuration window means, and why I'd ever want to close a base (especially when it costs money to do so), and how to use "NGS" and "operational facilities" in the in-flight UI.

BTW, it looks like KK 1.0 is meant for KSP 1.3, but the .version file still says it's for 1.2.2.

ups, I forgot to update the version file...

the career features are the costs needed to open a base. 

closing a base can be needed if you are really short on money.

I'll update the wiki if I have some free time, so there is some documentation. 

I reuploaded the release with a fixed .version file

Edited by Ger_space

Oh, I see, closing a base refunds the money.  The wording for opening and closing is the same — "Open Base for 50000 funds", "Close Base for 10000 funds" — so I thought both numbers represented expenses.

Anyway, yeah, documentation will help.  :)  But I can still use the extra launchpads for now!

One other thing, that I suspect may be a bug in KK:

When I first installed KK & Kerbin-Side, I had two bases (besides KSC) open by default: Mount Snowey and The Shelf.  I closed Mount Snowey as a test, then loaded a save from before I closed it — in fact, from before I installed KK at all.  Surprisingly, Snowey was still closed.

Quitting and restarting KSP, then loading my old save again, doesn't help; the base stays closed.  However, if I quit KSP and manually overwrite my persistent.sfs with a copy of the old save, then Snowey is open when I start the game again.

I did a test of the opposite situation: closed Snowey and made a quicksave, then quit and replaced persistent.sfs with the old save where it's open.  Started the game again, with Snowey initially open, then loaded the quicksave from after I closed it.  The base stayed open.

It looks like KK isn't correctly updating bases' open/closed status when loading a different save from in-game.  Whatever it is in persistent.sfs is how it stays for the whole KSP session.  (I haven't tested with other base changes besides opening/closing.)

2 hours ago, Wyzard said:

Is there any documentation, though?  I don't see any instructions mentioned in the thread's OP, nor bundled in the download. 

Some of it may be outdated with this recent update, but there is a lot of information in the original thread. Especially if you want to build your own bases.

Thank you @Ger_space for your work! 

Edited by Nightside

1 hour ago, Stellar_Labs said:

I cant seem to make a base. i have looked around. i have uninstalled and reinstalled it. can you do a little guide? Or just tell me where it is or anything at all.:/

Hi ,  the quick guide below covers the basics of picking and placing a static model in order to form a base,  below a fuel tank is used for the example but you can obviously chose any object from the list .  Hope this helps    ps you don't need to fly as in the example, you can drive or walk or even rocket  to your chosen base location if you want to go mad

2 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

@Ger_space just to confirm, with the latest release (or maybe the latest 1.2.2 release as well?) you no longer need the 4 KK files that exist in the save folder now that everything is in the save file?

Yes, the files are no longer needed and you can delete them. The release is also for 1.2.2, On new games the 4 files will not be created anymore.