My new super modded career!

SmashBrown

I have finally decided to pick up a career game for the first time since 1.0 hit. And its rather heavily modded, took a while to decide which mods I wanted to settle on but got there eventually.. The most I have been doing is mucking around in sandbox and blowing things up now and again. So I'm thoroughly looking forward to it.

Take a look below, and let me know what you think and if I might come across any major bugs within this mod list. So far so good though.

I will also be trying out the new stock comm system so any advice on that is appreciated.

KSP: 1.2.2 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
ASET Props - 1.3.1.1
B9 Part Switch - 1.5.3
Chatterer - 0.9.91.1586
Community Category Kit - 1.2.1
Community Resource Pack - 0.6.4
CommunityTechTree - 3.0.2
Contract Configurator - 1.22.2
Contract Pack: Field Research - 1.2
Contract Pack: Grand Tours - 0.1.10.2
Rover Missions - 0.1.6.1
DistantObjectEnhancement - 1.8.1
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.3.0.7
Contract Parser - 1.0.5
Contracts Window Plus - 1.0.7.3
Progress Parser - 1.0.6
Firespitter - 7.4.2
HeatControl - 0.3.4
Interstellar Fuel Switch - 2.3.1
RasterPropMonitor - 0.28
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.6.1
KerbalAtomics - 0.3.3
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.2.8
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.3.1
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.4
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
MarkIVSystem - 2.3.3
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.2
Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.5.1
NearFutureConstruction - 0.7.2
NearFutureElectrical - 0.8.2
NearFuturePropulsion - 0.8.2
NearFutureSolar - 0.7.1
NearFutureSpacecraft - 0.5.4
Kerbal Planetary Base Systems - 1.3.10
Portrait Stats - 1.0.12
RCS Sounds - 5.0
RealChute - 1.4.1.2
RealPlume - Stock - 0.11.1
SCANsat - 1.1.6.11
Snacks - 1.6.2
SpaceY Expanded - 1.3.1
SpaceY Lifters - 1.15
StationPartsExpansion - 0.4.2
Stock Visual Enhancements - 1.1.4
Surface Mounted Stock-Alike Lights for Self-Illumination - 1.3.1
Stock Visual Terrain - 2.0
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.8.3
Universal Storage - 1.2.1.1
VesselViewerContinued - 0.8.2
Waypoint Manager - 2.6
WildBlueTools - 1.8.10
Buffalo - 1.0.3
[x] Science! - 5.4

Mods feel free to move if there is a better sub-forum for this to be in.

2 hours ago, Kermanzooming said:

The one I miss in your list is USI Life Support and MKS; I think they add a lot of depth to the gameplay, as planning becomes essential for long missions.

Other than that, If I tried to install so many mods my poor laptop would explode! 

Well I was thinking about those but... decided on snacks and kpbs instead... why do you like it so much?

1 hour ago, tg626 said:

Why RCS sounds?  Game has them now - I'm truly curious to hear if it is adding something beyond what it's name says...

Why u no have docking sounds? (/Shameless plug)

IIRC, there were docking sounds in 1.2 (but I might have gotten that wrong)

3 hours ago, SmashBrown said:

Well I was thinking about those but... decided on snacks and kpbs instead... why do you like it so much?

USI LS and MKS add two very important factors; habitation and homesickness. They avoid you sending a MK I capsule on a trip to Eloo, as your Kerbals will refuse to spend so much time in a cramped space, even if they have plenty of snacks.

Also, homesickness forces you to plan the trip back home; no matter how comfortable the ship is, after a certain amount of time they will want to come back home.

1 hour ago, tg626 said:

Nope.  So far my mod remains relevant! :D

Have downloaded the sounds and will try them out to see which ones I like the best. Tyvm sir.

6 hours ago, eloquentJane said:

I'd strongly recommend Mark One Laboratory Extensions (it's a low-tech expansion mod by the same author as Buffalo) and Vx Series II Engine Pack (exactly what the name implies).

I will take a look.

I might suggest Sounding Rockets (some nice early-game, low-tech parts), KW Rocketry (big boosters), Bon Voyage (autoroving in background), Outer Planets Mod, the JX2 Antenna (to make OPM more practical), and Smart Parts (for some launch automation).

Also: no matter how many mods you have, there is always somebody with more.

You might want to add Transfer Window Planner, for all your porkchop plotting, transfer optimizing needs. That, and KSC++ (subset of  Kerbal Konstructs) for making the KSC look more like a space center with actual infrastructure and less like a bunch of magic funds->rockets, science->parts for rockets, rep->something? buildings.

13 hours ago, IncongruousGoat said:

You might want to add Transfer Window Planner, for all your porkchop plotting, transfer optimizing needs

Though if you have dual screen, the WWW version works just fine. Still, the built-in is slightly more comfortable (sets the time for you)

. That, and KSC++ (subset of  Kerbal Konstructs) for making the KSC look more like a space center with actual infrastructure and less like a bunch of magic funds->rockets, science->parts for rockets, rep->something? buildings.

Has it been updated to 1.2 eventually? Last I checked nobody really wanted to pick it up.

14 hours ago, IncongruousGoat said:

You might want to add Transfer Window Planner, for all your porkchop plotting, transfer optimizing needs. That, and KSC++ (subset of  Kerbal Konstructs) for making the KSC look more like a space center with actual infrastructure and less like a bunch of magic funds->rockets, science->parts for rockets, rep->something? buildings.

Mind providing me with a link. I'm on my phone and and the forum search won't turn up anything and neither does Google.

1 hour ago, SmashBrown said:

Mind providing me with a link. I'm on my phone and and the forum search won't turn up anything and neither does Google.

https://mods.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/224116-transfer-window-planner

KSC++ was available with old SXT but is way obsolete now. Any news of reboot, if any, are expected to be found in the SXT Continued thread. Unless there's something I don't know about.

2 hours ago, Sharpy said:

https://mods.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/224116-transfer-window-planner

KSC++ was available with old SXT but is way obsolete now. Any news of reboot, if any, are expected to be found in the SXT Continued thread. Unless there's something I don't know about.

KSC++ is working just fine in my 1.2.2 install of Galileo's Planet Pack.  There's a bit of info starting here:

I don't think it's included in the pack (I just checked and didn't see it), so I think I just went to the link to the old SXT and downloaded it from there.  I haven't had any issues at all with it.

Okay... I just did a more detailed check in the GPP thread, and KSC++ IS bundled with GPP  (Check the post following the one I linked):

25 minutes ago, MaxxQ said:

Okay... I just did a more detailed check in the GPP thread, and KSC++ IS bundled with GPP  (Check the post following the one I linked):

Hah. And if I want to retain stock Kerbin system?

11 hours ago, Sharpy said:

Hah. And if I want to retain stock Kerbin system?

<shrug>  Dunno.  Just thought I'd mention that SOMEONE has gotten KSC++ to work in 1.2.2, even if with a modded system.  Is it possible to isolate the section of GPP that deals with KSC++ and strip it out for use in stock system games?  I really don't know.

On 21/12/2016 at 0:23 PM, Kermanzooming said:

USI LS and MKS add two very important factors; habitation and homesickness. They avoid you sending a MK I capsule on a trip to Eloo, as your Kerbals will refuse to spend so much time in a cramped space, even if they have plenty of snacks.

Also, homesickness forces you to plan the trip back home; no matter how comfortable the ship is, after a certain amount of time they will want to come back home.

I have taken your advice and decided to plunge into mks/usi ls. Also grabbed the karribou (spelling?) and malamute instead of the buffalo. Jesus christ there are a lot of details to mks though. Wish me luck, and merry Christmas everyone!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.