[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

1 minute ago, goldenpsp said:

Real Rocket scientists also model the crap out of their launches long before the real thing.  I consider the use of revert to launch the KSP version of computer modeling.

I use a separate sandbox save to build and test stuff. 

First off, thank you RoverDude for all the numerous, awesome mods you've created! I'm having a lot of fun with them.

I'm having a problem where the "rover" category in the editor has disappeared, along with most of the Karibou and Malamute parts. The parts are still loaded in the game as I can see them in the tech tree, but I'm unable to find them in the editor even with the search function. The common feature of the missing parts vs the ones that aren't seems to be a line in the config file:

"category = none"

Parts with that line in other editor categories like Kolonization and Logistics are fine, it just seems to be the Rover category that's affected (as far as I can tell).

9 minutes ago, BadOaks said:

First off, thank you RoverDude for all the numerous, awesome mods you've created! I'm having a lot of fun with them.

I'm having a problem where the "rover" category in the editor has disappeared, along with most of the Karibou and Malamute parts. The parts are still loaded in the game as I can see them in the tech tree, but I'm unable to find them in the editor even with the search function. The common feature of the missing parts vs the ones that aren't seems to be a line in the config file:

"category = none"

Parts with that line in other editor categories like Kolonization and Logistics are fine, it just seems to be the Rover category that's affected (as far as I can tell).

Make sure you have the latest Community Category Kit:

https://github.com/BobPalmer/CommunityCategoryKit/releases

9 minutes ago, BadOaks said:

"category = none"

Try reinstalling Community Category Kit

@BadOaks What the others said.  I had the rover category disappear on me recently.  It was some mod that uses the community category kit but must be bundling an old version. I re-copied the community category kit from the latest USI download and it fixed it.

Thanks for the responses!

I tried doing a simple copy and paste of CCK version 1.2.2.0 over the existing CCK folder but had no results. So I tried deleting CCK folder and re-installing from the download, and did the same for USITools using version 0.8.18 for good measure. I managed to cock up something in the process because I now have duplicates of the Kolonization, Construction, Logistics and Manufacturing categories but still no Rover category.

Edit: The search bar is also still unable to find the missing parts if that makes a difference.

Edited by BadOaks

4 hours ago, TDplay said:

I get that, but if I abort the launch, say because I did a turn too sharp and the rocket falls, I can't stop the SRBs even through action groups, so I use LFO engines. Then I say "on abort, turn them off".

Necrobones' Modular Rocket Systems (and some other mods) have decouplers with rocket charges in, like integral Separatrons. It's straighforward then to arrange for abort to jettison the SRBs safely.

ObMKS: to the poster a few items up, I used to want to combine TACLS and MKS, but to be honest USILS is a lot more interesting and challenging these days. I was a holdout for a while because of the potential to use hydrogen-oxygen fuel cells at night and re-electrolyse the water with spare solar during the day, but this really only looks viable because of the unrealistically good performance of KSP solar (and because the unrealistically tiny battery capacities mean you need somewhere else to put it). It really is worth considering making the switch.

50 minutes ago, BadOaks said:

Thanks for the responses!

I tried doing a simple copy and paste of CCK version 1.2.2.0 over the existing CCK folder but had no results. So I tried deleting CCK folder and re-installing from the download, and did the same for USITools using version 0.8.18 for good measure. I managed to cock up something in the process because I now have duplicates of the Kolonization, Construction, Logistics and Manufacturing categories but still no Rover category.

Edit: The search bar is also still unable to find the missing parts if that makes a difference.

Sounds like you have something more going on.  I had the exact same situation you described (I want to say it was after installing KIS, which I had initially forgotten).  I just re-copied the CCK folder from the USI constellation download and it fixed it. no duplicates.  At the time I also saw that searching wasn't finding them.

13 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@voicey99 I've been aware of a small issue with resources for some time. Ammonia. I believe it's currently only defined in a liquid state (LqdAmmonia) and not as a gas in CRP. Can you deal with that, please?

What I think this is suggesting is that ammonia is stored in liquid form inside the tanks. When you're transporting water, you don't cart it around it as steam, do you? Changing this will require input from the KSP-IE people, since it's their stuff that will break if I reconfigure ammonia to be a gas-and I consider it unlikely that they really care.

Hi,

Doing my first playthrough with CTT.  Noticed that the Duna Logistics Module is under Advanced Logistics, but the Tundra Pioneer/Logistics is one level below in Long Term Habitation. I'm assuming it's to get the Pioneer functionality, but it's odd that I can get the bigger Tundra logistics part cheaper than the Duna one. Was that done by design? Thanks

23 hours ago, ZachPruckowski said:

Yeah, it looks like that might not be my main problem, it might just be a coincidence.

Update: apparently this was triggered somehow by the way I was doing my disposal radial fuel tanks. Jettisoning them made my velocity start changing again, and a re-designed lander which didn't have them worked fine.

Hey RoverDude,

I´ve got two questions about some parts. 

1. What happened to the skycrane? Did you remove it? I can´t find it anymore.

2. Because i don´t understand everything, I´m not sure about using the orbital shipyard and the portable launchpad. Is it correct that those parts won´t be supported in the future? I have unlocked those parts now and want to expand my existing orbital stations with the ability to built rockets in orbit. 

Thank you

25 minutes ago, Phil Kerman said:

Hey RoverDude,

2. Because i don´t understand everything, I´m not sure about using the orbital shipyard and the portable launchpad. Is it correct that those parts won´t be supported in the future? I have unlocked those parts now and want to expand my existing orbital stations with the ability to built rockets in orbit. 

Nope, the Skycrane is still here (under the Engines tab, comes with Adv. Construction or (with CTT) Heavy Rocketry). The orbital yard and pad are part of the depreciated EPL integration and will be removed in the future with the ongoing switch to Ground Construction (the integration cfg is still available as an optional download, but will not be officially supported-you will still be able to build rockets on-orbit with MKS resources using standard EPL parts). ATM GC-MKS integration is still embryonic but the onsite manufacture of DIY Kits and (I believe) orbital construction capabilities are on the roadmap.

Edited by voicey99

1 minute ago, Phil Kerman said:

Thank you voicey99.

So I´ll construct for now with an regular docking port to remove the EPL parts when mks provides onsite DIY Kit manufacturing.

From what I've picked up it could be some time before that gets added so you should probably keep EPL for the time being. Also, use the construction ports from Konstruction (comes bundled with MKS) to permanently join vessels-they let you combine them into one vessel so they don't waggle around and reduce physics load by counting them as one single vessel.

1 minute ago, voicey99 said:

From what I've picked up it could be some time before that gets added so you should probably keep EPL for the time being. Also, use the construction ports from Konstruction (comes bundled with MKS) to permanently join vessels-they let you combine them into one vessel so they don't waggle around and reduce physics load by counting them as one single vessel.

I´m already using the weldable ports a lot, love them, but i thought it would be better to couple the EPL parts with a regular port, to remove them later. Maybe i just should construct as u supposed to do and transfer them into material kits when the time comes to do so :wink: 

btw i use the chance to post my first pics now :) 

1 minute ago, Phil Kerman said:

I´m already using the weldable ports a lot, love them, but i thought it would be better to couple the EPL parts with a regular port, to remove them later. Maybe i just should construct as u supposed to do and transfer them into material kits when the time comes to do so :wink: 

btw i use the chance to post my first pics now :) 

<schnip>

The weldable ports function as perfectly normal docking ports, just with the added ability to compress. I also christen that lot "Coral Station" because of it reminds me of this:

Staghorn-coral-1.jpg

(FYI you can post images by just pasting the link in like this: http://i.imgur.com/OEbRENI.png and it will (unless you instruct it not to, as in the case of the demo link-must have the .png/.jpg/.gif etc. on the end (just rightclick the pic and open it in a new tab-that will give you the embedding URL)) automatically display it as a full size, windowless image

On 3/31/2017 at 11:24 AM, RoverDude said:

There was a separate thread somewhere for a pretty solid TAC-LS setup, if someone can find that I can add it to the OP and/or bundle it

As it turned out, I had not looked close enough before asking about it because there is a TAC-LS.cfg in the current distribution.::

Spoiler

@PART[*_AgModule]:NEEDS[TACLifeSupport]
{
    @MODULE[ModuleResourceConverter_USI,Agroponics]
    {
        // Get original input of mulch and output of supplies and compute the equivalent number of Kerbals

%MulchIn = #$INPUT_RESOURCE:HAS[#ResourceName[Mulch]]/Ratio$
        @MulchIn /= #$@LIFE_SUPPORT_SETTINGS/WasteAmount$
        %SuppliesOut = #$OUTPUT_RESOURCE:HAS[#ResourceName[Supplies]]/Ratio$
        @SuppliesOut /= #$@LIFE_SUPPORT_SETTINGS/SupplyAmount$

// Now change to the same equivalent number of Kerbals for TAC-LS resources
        @INPUT_RESOURCE:HAS[#ResourceName[Mulch]]
        {
            @ResourceName = Waste
            @Ratio = #$../MulchIn$
            @Ratio *= 0.000001539351852
        }
        INPUT_RESOURCE
        {
            ResourceName = WasteWater
            Ratio = #$../MulchIn$
            @Ratio *= 0.000014247685185
        }
        INPUT_RESOURCE
        {
            ResourceName = CarbonDioxide
            Ratio = #$../MulchIn$
            @Ratio *= 0.00148012889876
        }

@OUTPUT_RESOURCE:HAS[#ResourceName[Supplies]]
        {
            @ResourceName = Food
            @Ratio = #$../SuppliesOut$
            @Ratio *= 0.000016927083333

%DumpExcess = True
        }

OUTPUT_RESOURCE
        {
            ResourceName = Water
            Ratio = #$../SuppliesOut$
            @Ratio *= 0.000011188078704

%DumpExcess = True
        }
        OUTPUT_RESOURCE
        {
            ResourceName = Oxygen
            @Ratio *= 0.001713537562385

%DumpExcess = True
        }
    }
}

@PART[*_Aeroponics]:NEEDS[TACLifeSupport]
{
    @MODULE[ModuleResourceConverter_USI,Cultivator]
    {
        %SuppliesOut = #$OUTPUT_RESOURCE:HAS[#ResourceName[Supplies]]/Ratio$
        @SuppliesOut /= #$@LIFE_SUPPORT_SETTINGS/SupplyAmount$

@OUTPUT_RESOURCE:HAS[#ResourceName[Supplies]]
        {
            @ResourceName = Food
            @Ratio = #$../SuppliesOut$

%DumpExcess = True
        }
        // Maybe better to reduce water consumption by this amount? But it doesn't really matter...
        OUTPUT_RESOURCE
        {
            ResourceName = Water
            %DumpExcess = True
        }
        OUTPUT_RESOURCE
        {
            ResourceName = Oxygen
            %DumpExcess = True
        }
    }
}
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleLifeSupportRecycler]]:NEEDS[TACLifeSupport]
{
    @MODULE[ModuleLifeSupportRecycler]
    {
        // Change module to a regular resource converter
        @name = ModuleResourceConverter_USI

INPUT_RESOURCE
        {
            ResourceName = Waste
            Ratio = #$../CrewCapacity$
            @Ratio *= 0.000001539351852
        }
        INPUT_RESOURCE
        {
            ResourceName = WasteWater
            @Ratio *= 0.000014247685185
        }
        INPUT_RESOURCE
        {
            ResourceName = CarbonDioxide
            @Ratio *= 0.00148012889876
        }
        OUTPUT_RESOURCE
        {
            ResourceName = Food
            @Ratio *= #$../RecyclePercent$
            DumpExcess = True
        }
        OUTPUT_RESOURCE
        {
            ResourceName = Water
            DumpExcess = True
        }
        OUTPUT_RESOURCE
        {
            ResourceName = Oxygen
            DumpExcess = True
        }
    }    
}

On 3/31/2017 at 8:46 PM, BadOaks said:

"category = none"

I had a number of missing categories, but when I uninstalled and reinstalled the RoverDude and Allista mods it was all working fine again.

23 hours ago, Gilph said:

Hi,

Doing my first playthrough with CTT.  Noticed that the Duna Logistics Module is under Advanced Logistics, but the Tundra Pioneer/Logistics is one level below in Long Term Habitation. I'm assuming it's to get the Pioneer functionality, but it's odd that I can get the bigger Tundra logistics part cheaper than the Duna one. Was that done by design? Thanks

Vacuum tubes came before solid state transistors.  It is often easier to do something with a larger form-factor.

I assumed that it was deliberate that the bulkier version of Logistics become available first.

8 hours ago, Phil Kerman said:

Hey RoverDude,

Thank you

There is a skycrane under engines.

It is no longer Octagonal, it is a 2.5m in-line part that has deployable engines.

Hey folks, I've made a small clip about the most annoying thing regarding MKS in KSP. Hopefully, I'm not the only one seeing this happening, and somebody here knows how to prevent it. Basically, when I build my base big enough, it starts randomly shaking and wobbling all the time: 

It also rotates and moves around very slowly, as you can see from the KER overlay at the top-right corner. Ground tether doesn't help, neither does autostrut.Turning off ground tether makes it freak out and slide rapidly in a random direction. So I'm at a loss here. I'm not even sure if I should continue expanding this base.

Edited by sh1pman

5 minutes ago, sh1pman said:

Hey folks, I've made a small clip about the most annoying thing regarding MKS in KSP. Hopefully, I'm not the only one seeing this happening, and somebody here knows how to prevent it. Basically, when I build my base big enough, it starts randomly shaking and wobbling all the time: 

<schnip>

It also rotates and moves around very slowly, as you can see from the KER overlay at the top-right corner. Ground tether doesn't help, neither does autostrut. Turning off ground tether makes it freak out and slide rapidly in a random direction. So I'm at a loss here. I'm not even sure if I should continue expanding this base.

Hm, I've never had a problem with that. My base does gradually move over time thanks to tiny physicshops on load (with tethering), but it doesn't shimmy like that-maybe that's because my base is all on wheels, and it's the legs that are the problem. Try dismantling the legs to rest it on the ground or using the KIS ground base as an anchor?

Edited by voicey99