[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

I'm learning MKS with USI-LS, and finding some of it difficult to get straight - is there more documentation than what's here and on the Github page?

For example, disconnected bases -- does that happen automatically if the pieces are all within 150m, or does a certain part need to be present in order to enable sharing resources? And which resources are shared and which are not (Supplies, for example, appear not to be - unless I'm missing a needed piece).

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/20/2021 at 10:52 PM, RookFett said:

Wolf 采用了 MKS 的部分内容并将其抽象化,这样您保存的包含 100 个 MKS 基础的文件就不会变慢。

Hello everyone, I've encountered some issues with WOLF.
I'm planning to use the Wolf Terminal for Crew transfer, specifically from Kerbin:Shore to Kerbin:Orbit. I have sufficient Transport Credits, and I've already deployed a 10m Terminal at Shore. Now, I've deployed a new spacecraft that includes a Crew Container and Transport Computer. I moved it to the same Biome as the Terminal, within a distance of less than 100m. However, when I attempt to "Connect to Depot", it still prompts me that I need to be in the same Biome as the Terminal and within a distance of less than 250m, which means I'm unable to create a Crew Transport Route.
On the other hand, I can normally create a Cargo Transport Route and have successfully transported 60 units of Cargo using 6 Transport Credits with nuclear air engines and high ISP nuclear liquid fuel engines from other mods.
I hope someone familiar with Wolf can help me resolve this issue. Thank you very much.

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, dlrk said:

Is there a way to reduce/disable the hab immunity for pilots?

In the life support settings menu accessible from the space center screen, set "Scout Hab Time" equal to "Perma-Hab Time". Or set those two to whatever else you want. They have units of seconds.

Edited by arbsoup

It affects everyone with MKS' Explorer skill, which should include pilots. If it's not affecting pilots, that's a problem — let me know what your steps were and I'll see if I can replicate them.

Edited by arbsoup

On 7/31/2021 at 12:05 PM, webward said:

I don't know if this is a known issue, or if my installation is screwed up, but I have the Constellation 2021.03.12.01 release installed, and there is a part with the same model as the WOLF Transport Computer that appears to be missing its localization information. Is this part important? Is it a dupe of the TC? 

Looking in the file at GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\WOLF\Localization\en-us.cfg, I don't see any entries for #autoLOC_USI_WOLF_CONNECTOR_PART_TITLE (or the #autoLOC_USI_WOLF_CONNECTOR_PART_DESCRIPTION or the #autoLOC_USI_WOLF_CONNECTOR_PARTMODULE_INFO)

The file that contains these references is GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\WOLF\Parts\ConnectorModule.cfg

VAA5REq.png

This is still present - any idea what this is supposed to do, if it's a duplicate that should be deleted?

Also, I'm a little confused by the agricultural modules - it seems like Agroponics is always going to be the best option since it uses only mulch and fertilizer and produces many supplies. What am I missing?

Posted this issue on USI MKS Github, but considering how it seems to be abandoned for at least 2 years, I'll try my luck here.

So the problem is that when i transfer crew to or from one of the MKS "Tundra" modules (the big cylindrical ones) the entire world around goes completely black and only UI remains.
Is there a known fix or workaround or at least something that would make it possible to actually play with this gorgeous mod?

Edit: After restart this problem somehow fixed itself and got replaced by a new one: now interiors of MKS "Tundra" Academy won't load, so crew cams and IVA view are pitch black.

KSP.log

Player.log 

Edited by Graf
Described situation has changed and game logs were added.

On 7/30/2023 at 7:01 PM, akira178452130 said:

Does MKS and USI-LifeSupport need localization support?

I already translated all parts information to chinese for my own game

if needed,I can send pull request right now.

大佬有MKS汉化插件吗

Do you have a Chinese plugin for MKS?

Edited by Vanamonde
Please post in English when not using the International subforums.

2 hours ago, Zum of all trades said:

Are these colonies kraken-free because that is a major problem with most KSP colony mods

Closer than most; there are methods to build colonies out of multiple ships, which massively mitigates the kraken. Also, there are ground-anchor modules which lock ships to the ground; I've never had one of these locked ships randomly explode on me.

Anyone figure out a way to keep Disassemble Part from appearing on EVA Kerbals? I tried changing the attempted exclusion in ScrapParts.cfg without success - tried !Module[KerbalEVA], tried kerbaleva, tried kerbalEVA, tried Kerbal*....even tried *erbalEVA*

@dlrk Try this:

// Give whitelist key to these
@PART:HAS[@MODULE[FlagSite]] // Planted flags
{
	DontScrap = Yes
}
@PART:HAS[@MODULE[KerbalEVA]] // Kerbals
{
	DontScrap = Yes
}

// Detect anything that lacks that key
@PART:HAS[~DontScrap]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = USI_ModuleRecycleablePart
		Menu = Disassemble Part
		ResourceName = MaterialKits
		Efficiency = .5
	}
}

// Potato
@PART[PotatoRoid]
{
	@MODULE[USI_ModuleRecycleablePart]
	{
		@Menu = Discard Asteroid
		@Efficiency = 0
	}
}

2 hours ago, Zum of all trades said:

hey quick question will this mod force all the ships I make to have life support or will I still be able to make stock ships without any of the life support this mod adds

Well, do you have life support installed? Mks and ls are separate mods (that go together very well ofc). 

If you only have mks, than you don't have to worry about life support.

Does anybody know the exact formula the orbital shipyard uses to determine how many rescources a given craft needs to be built. I'm working on a config for sandcastle that would make printers demand the same (or at least comparable) ammount of rescources as the USI parts, so i can replace the global construction mod in my install

8 hours ago, tokamak_tinkerer said:

Does anybody know the exact formula the orbital shipyard uses to determine how many rescources a given craft needs to be built. I'm working on a config for sandcastle that would make printers demand the same (or at least comparable) ammount of rescources as the USI parts, so i can replace the global construction mod in my install

The calculation is a bit complex as it's based on both the mass of the part and what it costs compared to the mass of the resources and what they cost. The general idea is that if something is heavy but cheap, then it only requires the cheapest resources to build. On the other hand, if something is very light but really expensive (like science experiments), then it requires the more expensive resources. The ultimate goal is to make the mass and cost of the resources equivalent to the mass and cost of the part. The algorithm for the calculation is in this file:

https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/Konstruction/blob/main/Source/Konstruction/Utilities/PartUtilities.cs