[1.9.x] All Y'All Continued - One-Button Common Action Grouping

linuxgurugamer

Posted (edited)

because I was quoted in this, figure i'd help out:

Player.log

the craft with the most egregious stuttering: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iI3mZlqW0KFyqsI6Gzfv2tKpBlvItwwx/view?usp=sharing

hope this helps

On 7/1/2024 at 10:23 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

All of you who have had recent problems, you need to provide log files (Player.log) and the craft file, otherwise I can't do anything

@Fizzlebop Smith @SyrusDrake @newvegasmatt

LGG

Edited by Chevronie

Posted (edited)

+1 from me.
I spent 3 days debugging my install that randomly caused massive stuttering freezes with only some rocket builds as decribed above.
I did some binary search on my mod installs (as far that was possible considering the rockets that caused issues, also did binary search part removal). It ended up being all-yall.

I don't have time to redo the bugged install for logfiles right now, maybe over the weekend, just adding another voice with this exact issue for now. There's probably something broken in this!

Edited by Zah

It it took me a few hours of bracketing all of my mods.  (CKAN clone, remove half your mods, test, Repeat).  But finally narrowed it to this mod.

It's annoying because I've had this mod for a long time, but it only shows up when you have certain types of parts with I guess certain part modules like RCS.  And the stuttering might not be noticeable until your part count is high enough.

For me, I only noticed when I built a Saturn V, with a command module, service module, and LEM.

I've uninstalled this mod for now, but easily await y'all's resolution.

3 hours ago, Ker Ball One said:

It it took me a few hours of bracketing all of my mods.  (CKAN clone, remove half your mods, test, Repeat).  But finally narrowed it to this mod.

It's annoying because I've had this mod for a long time, but it only shows up when you have certain types of parts with I guess certain part modules like RCS.  And the stuttering might not be noticeable until your part count is high enough.

For me, I only noticed when I built a Saturn V, with a command module, service module, and LEM.

I've uninstalled this mod for now, but easily await y'all's resolution.

there's some bad scaling with physics sim happening I think.
I was able to reduce the stutter by taking off parts one by one

• 3 weeks later...

Same same. It took me also a whole day to find the stutter and lag issues are coming from this mod.

This is the craftfile:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CAcEuzOM4O1EEF-lIQS0w6OVJrrw1zQj/view?usp=sharing

Also i can reduce the incompatibility to any mod to this list:

B9 Part Switch (B9PartSwitch v2.20.0)
Breaking Ground (BreakingGround-DLC 1.7.1)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack v112.0.1)
Community Tech Tree (CommunityTechTree 1:3.4.4)
Cryo Tanks (CryoTanks 1.6.5)
Cryo Tanks Core (CryoTanks-Core 1.6.5)
Cryogenic Engines (CryoEngines 1:2.0.6)
Deployable Engines Plugin (DeployableEngines 1.3.1)
Dynamic Battery Storage (DynamicBatteryStorage 2:2.2.5.0)
Harmony 2 (Harmony2 2.2.1.0)
Internal RCS (InternalRCS 1.3)
KerbalEngineer
Kerbalism (Kerbalism 3.19)
KSP Community Fixes (KSPCommunityFixes 1.35.2)
Making History (MakingHistory-DLC 1.12.1)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.2.3)
Near Future IVA Props (NearFutureProps 1:0.7.1)
Near Future Spacecraft (NearFutureSpacecraft 1.4.3)
Procedural Fairings (ProceduralFairings 1:v6.6.1.0)
SIMPLEX Kerbalism (SIMPLEXKerbalism 2:3.18)
Un Kerballed Start (UnKerballedStart 1.3.0)
Universal Storage II Finalized (UniversalStorage2 4.0.1.2)

Edited by Wurmi

Posted (edited)
On 7/7/2024 at 2:02 AM, Ker Ball One said:

It's probably the RCS, that was a recent addition.

I've made a test copy with some change trying to address this, please try it out:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/fnkt2m385pxvirhkug27k/AllYAll-0.11.21.b1.zip?rlkey=hzdbhkncr80ss1x4k72qw9wrf&dl=1

Let me know the result.  If it still happens, then:

I'd need a copy of your craft file

4 hours ago, Wurmi said:

Same same. It took me also a whole day to find the stutter and lag issues are coming from this mod.

This is the craftfile:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CAcEuzOM4O1EEF-lIQS0w6OVJrrw1zQj/view?usp=sharing

Also i can reduce the incompatibility to any mod to this list:

I looked at your craft file, you have a lot of RCS thrusters on it

For both of you, try replacing the file AllYAll.cfg with the following (or just delete the first 15 lines of the file), this will disable the RCS part of the mod.  Let me know how it goes.

Also, I don't have time to install dozens of mods.  Please try making the vessels using only stock parts, or at least as few other mods as possible.

Spoiler

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines]]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = AYA_Engine
	}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = AYA_Engine
	}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDeployableSolarPanel]]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = AYA_Solar
	}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDeployableRadiator]]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = AYA_Radiator
	}
}
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleActiveRadiator]]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = AYA_ActiveRadiator
	}
}

//
// Following tree for AYA_Science
//
@PART:HAS[~name[kerbalEVA*],~name[*maleEVA],@MODULE[ModuleScienceExperiment],!MODULE[WBI*],!MODULE[AYA_Science]]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = AYA_Science
	}
}
@PART:HAS[~name[kerbalEVA*],~name[*maleEVA],@MODULE[ModuleOrbitalSurveyor],!MODULE[WBI*],!MODULE[AYA_Science]]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = AYA_Science
	}
}
@PART:HAS[~name[kerbalEVA*],~name[*maleEVA],@MODULE[*Scanner],!MODULE[WBI*],!MODULE[AYA_Science]]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = AYA_Science
	}
}

//
// This ModuleManager code is because the Serenity DLC has duplicate kerbal parts, 
// apparently used to add new modules to an existing kerbal
// This was causing modules to get duplicated.
//
// By only adding to those kerbalEVA parts which do NOT have the ROCScience experiment,
// we ensure that duplicate entries aren't made
//
//	maleEVA
//	femaleEVA
//	kerbalEVA_RD_Exp
//	kerbalEVA_female_Exp
//	kerbalEVA_RD_Future
//	kerbalEVA_female_Future
//	kerbalEVA
//	kerbalEVAfemale
//	kerbalEVAVintage
//	kerbalEVAfemaleVintage.
//	kerbalEVAFuture
//	kerbalEVAfemaleFuture

@PART[kerbalEVA*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleScienceExperiment]:HAS[~experimentID[ROCScience]]]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = AYA_Science
	}
}
@PART[*maleEVA]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleScienceExperiment]:HAS[~experimentID[ROCScience]]]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = AYA_Science
	}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleScienceContainer]:HAS[#canBeTransferredToInVessel[True]],!MODULE[AYA_Science]]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = AYA_Science
	}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleScienceContainer]:HAS[#canBeTransferredToInVessel[True]]]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = AYA_ScienceBox
	}
}

// Following is for all the DMMagic science modules
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[DM*],!MODULE[AYA_Science]]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = AYA_Science
	}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleAsteroidDrill]]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = AYA_Drill
	}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleReactionWheel]]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = AYA_SAS
	}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCargoBay]]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = AYA_CargoBay
	}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDeployableAntenna]]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = AYA_Antenna
	}
}

//@PART[*FuelCell*]
@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleEngines*],@MODULE[ModuleResourceConverter]:HAS[@OUTPUT_RESOURCE:HAS[#ResourceName[ElectricCharge]]]]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = AYA_FuelCell
	}
}

Edited by linuxgurugamer

I am considering removing the RCS from the main All Y' All mod and releasing it as a separate mod, since it seems to be causing issues when there are lots of RCS parts (and parts in general) on a vessel.  I'm waiting to get a response from my previous message before doing this

15 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I've made a test copy with some change trying to address this, please try it out

Did not work with AllYAll-0.11.21.b1.  Same issue.

try replacing the file AllYAll.cfg with the following (or just delete the first 15 lines of the file), this will disable the RCS part of the mod.  Let me know how it goes.

This did not work either.

If it still happens, then:

I'd need a copy of your craft file

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/dkp7of6u30mtsvwef9vko/Apollo-13.craft?rlkey=fm3rvc43utowf5foi77dhhguj&st=4gykclh6&dl=0

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I am considering removing the RCS from the main All Y' All mod and releasing it as a separate mod, since it seems to be causing issues when there are lots of RCS parts (and parts in general) on a vessel.

This is very much appreciated. Thank you.  If the problem is only with the RCS, which I don't really use, then the rest of the mod can still be useful

On 7/26/2024 at 3:24 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

It's probably the RCS, that was a recent addition.

I've made a test copy with some change trying to address this, please try it out:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/fnkt2m385pxvirhkug27k/AllYAll-0.11.21.b1.zip?rlkey=hzdbhkncr80ss1x4k72qw9wrf&dl=1

I made some tests on a complete stock install and only Module Manager and this Mod installed.  It is for sure the RCS parts.

Installing the 0.11.21.b1 does not fix it.
Also removing the RCS part from the config file did not fix it.

I made my vessel only with stock parts: (As soon as you remove the 4 RCS parts from this vessel the stuttering is gone)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sotBQgr2ZDuTTlPeIxIGFh24ii73HICU/view?usp=drive_link

Log:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dCBLxCI-SsdK3RccHOcXJbCvAkx3sMAH/view?usp=sharing

As a test, I created a 3 stage vessel with 540 RCS parts in total, and ran it for about 5 minutes both with and without All Y'All.  There is a very slight degrigation , I'm not sure if it's significant:

Without All Y'All installed:
Lq91d38.png

With All Y'All installed (using latest beta):
kCksorY.png

New release, 0.11.21.1

• Fixed the RCS stuttering issue by not doing constant updates in the vessel module for the stages.  Now it checks only when needed

New release, 0.11.21.1

• Fixed the RCS stuttering issue by not doing constant updates in the vessel module for the stages.  Now it checks only when needed

8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.11.21.1

New release, 0.11.21.1

Thank you for such a quick turn around.

BTW, actions like Activate all engines/RCS in this stage, do not work.  I can still activate individual engines or RCS with the stock buttons, and the AllYall buttons for Extend All solar panels and Extend All Antenna do work.

On 7/30/2024 at 3:40 PM, Ker Ball One said:

BTW, actions like Activate all engines/RCS in this stage, do not work.  I can still activate individual engines or RCS with the stock buttons, and the AllYall buttons for Extend All solar panels and Extend All Antenna do work.

Only related to RCS?  

5 hours ago, Ker Ball One said:

And also "engines".  Pretty much any action button that is for "in this stage".  I don't know of any other than RCS and engines.

On 7/30/2024 at 3:40 PM, Ker Ball One said:

I just tested this, it all looks ok.

So now I'll need the following:

1. Log file
  2. ModuleManager.configcache
  3. Video showing the issue