So what song is stuck in your head today?

SmileyTRex

Had these 3 VGM’s bouncing around since last week-the mixed bag is strong w/ this one!

I’ve been playing too much Smash. A particularly stupid online battle w/ one of my IRL friends occurred to this music, making it all the more comical. SO MARCHY!

1:15 Bum ba dum ba da ba dudah dudah!

This song is a :ok: out of ten in terms of trumpet.

If you hear only the first few seconds of the song, and ask “Fraston? Where’s that trumpet?” Listen past the 37 second intro. From there it’s almost a full minute of exclusively Romantic TP (also known as the legendary ZUNpet) as the lead. At around 1:40, there is a break, almost as if the trumpeteer, even in their absolute legendness, has to take a breath. From there the synth and other instruments take over. But the trumpeteer hasn’t had their last laugh! In a surprise return at 2:15, they reinsert the trumpet into the music for a the rest of the song until it loops. One of my favorite Touhou final boss themes, really gives the climactic vibe that fits dueling the judge who deems whether you go to hell or not.

Saw this song in a meme video recently and I got a huge nostalgia trip to a time only 8 months ago. What a world. In all seriousness, this song rocks. Remember how I said that Fate of sixty years fits the vibe of the scenario it’s used in? This does the same thing. The most climactic song in the game, second only to possibly sealed and pure vessel. Shame I only get to hear my favorite part at 1:30 a 5th of the time since the fight is the closest thing to bullet hell that this brutal Metroidvania gets.