SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

13 minutes ago, sevenperforce said:

You're going to make me run out of likes!

I can't afford that today!

I’m currently running on the theory that she’s not going up today after all so I can squander likes as I want, hoping the universe will turn things around to prove me wrong just out of spite. :D

4 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

This thing ain’t flying today. :huh: Go on, universe, prove me wrong! I double dog dare you! Smite me, O mighty smiter! :sticktongue:

Tease. :P

For reference, this means upper level winds are currently OK for liftoff at 3:45 EST. But winds change.

Just now, CatastrophicFailure said:

ALL HAIL THE HOLY MOUSE CLICK!

Only a mouse click? Undramatic. Totally expected a giant big red flashing button complete with a pyrotechnic sequence and ominous theme music

While we wait.   Have anyone seen a flight plan?

From what I have read there will be a 6 hour cruse before the exit burn. 

My guess:   Factoring in the time of day of the launch and the fact the the exit will be in the general direction of earth prograde it does not look like they will go to GTO but rather a shorter 6 hour elliptic orbit followed by a exit burn close to PE. 

1 hour ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

*triumphant John Williams fanfare plays in background*  

It's not Mr Williams but I think this is suitably anthemic.

Launch autosequence initiated...

Edited by KSK

...3:45 shalt be the number thou shalt launch at, and the number thou shalt launch at shall be 3:45. 
3:46 shalt thou not count, nor either count thou 3:44, excepting that thou then proceed to 3:45. 
3:47 is right out, as are scrubs, delays, unnecessary explosions, or other such nonsense.  

Amen.

Edited by CatastrophicFailure

1 minute ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Great, so it slipped right past my lunch break and into a staff meeting. Somehow I don’t think I’ll be able to watch it live. ...

PM someone a phone number and we can call and [pretend you have a plumbing emergency at home or something :wink:

Damn, that's right when school ends and I have to get to the bus...looks like I'll be watching on my phone rather than my laptop...I might just slip out a minute early to get a head start towards my jacket and bus.

Edited by cubinator

Just now, cubinator said:

Damn, that's right when school ends and I have to get to the bus...looks like I'll be watching on my phone rather than my laptop...

Better than nothing. What if you setup a hotspot for your laptop?