SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

16 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

I was in the middle of watching Spider-Man: Homecoming at the biggest twist when it got so akward I had to go over to my computer to check something. I had this notification and had a crisis - do I stop watching the first movie I've enjoyed in a long time or watch this exciting groundbreaking development?

It was a hard decision and I chose the latter. I mentally prepare myself to miss part of the movie.

I hated you for a second, but now I truly realize - Elon Musk is never gonna give up on BFR.

But apparently he is getting in on the fun. 

1 hour ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

But apparently he is getting in on the fun. 

Is he teasing us on something that he will never release? Is he going to pull of a big 'cancelling BFR ' prank? Is it going to be about Tesla or te Boring Company rather than SpaceX? Is it going to be real news.

We may never or soon know!

Edited by NSEP

1 minute ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

So if you stuck your hand out the window at that speed and altitude, could you feel a breeze?

Before it swells up and goes numb from the near-vacuum, of course.

Assume you've got an oxygen helmet. -_-

Probably, considering 100 km up it's enough to blow the solar panels off.

Sorry, I posted that last night, then started watching it. It was the usual pre CRS press conf. She basically said everything is considered booster to booster, or Dragon capsule to Dragon capsule regarding fitness for reuse. Dragon is rated for up to 3 uses, so some might get used a third time assuming they check out after being recovered. This capsule had extra waterproofing added, which really improved the turn around for reuse (fewer replaced components). Block 5 will be reused 10+ times, etc.

21 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Just a reminder that CRS-14 is going up today in a few hours, 4:30pm EDT/1:30PDT/tooearlyformath UTC. :D

Looks like there’s an interesting space junk removal experiment in the manifest. 

The space junk removal experiment is stored internally and will be deployed through the Japanese module, but it is also carrying an experimental cryogenic propellant transfer module in its trunk!

57 minutes ago, Delay said:

I followed this thread for a short time, but then stopped because the notifications were so frequent it got annoying.

It tends to come in waves. :rolleyes:

One thing you can do is change your notification preferences from “immediate” to like daily or weekly digest. 

59 minutes ago, Delay said:

I followed this thread for a short time, but then stopped because the notifications were so frequent it got annoying.

Yeah, I tuned off most notifications. Heck, I turn them off on all my devices for almost everything, lol.

2 minutes ago, tater said:

Yeah, I tuned off most notifications. Heck, I turn them off on all my devices for almost everything, lol.

I turned off my device, then never turned it back on again.