Boring company

10 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Just one word.

Reveal hidden contents

Balrog

I think you misunderstood the references...

On 12/3/2018 at 8:57 PM, MinimumSky5 said:

So, when are the dept of highways going to investigate the culture of The Boring Company? 

On 12/5/2018 at 12:09 AM, Ozymandias_the_Goat said:

As soon as they can muster up enough courage to face the guy who yells insults in a French accent at them from a tower.

To be fair, it'll require a lot of LAPD members.

• 2 weeks later...

So no more sleds? I guess it makes sense to use the motors already on cars, but that means no gasoline cars.

I wonder how the retractable guide wheels will work. It doesn't seem like there's any obvious place for it to go without creating a ton of drag.

EDIT:

I guess the autotopia was ahead of its time.

Also, I want to try to do some estimation of the capacity of this system compared to subways sometime soon.

Edited by Mad Rocket Scientist

5 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

So no more sleds? I guess it makes sense to use the motors already on cars, but that means no gasoline cars.

I wonder how the retractable guide wheels will work. It doesn't seem like there's any obvious place for it to go without creating a ton of drag.

EDIT:

I guess the autotopia was ahead of its time.

I don't think the guides are supposed be attached to the cars all the time, or are you talking about the drag while travelling at 150 mph through the tunnel?

2 minutes ago, Nightside said:

I don't think the guides are supposed be attached to the cars all the time, or are you talking about the drag while travelling at 150 mph through the tunnel?

I'm not sure, Elon Musk said "retractable" on twitter. And putting them on and taking them off constantly seems like a nuisance.

So why does Musk think there will be no traffic issues in the tunnels like there are above? Has he never ridden on a subway when they system got all jammed up? And what if a car breaks down in the tunnel? Kind of sucks to be everyone behind them with no place to go.

Edited by mikegarrison

So this is about a car driving on tracks with 80km/h through a narrow tunnel dug in soft soil.

Am i the only one who finds that child's play ?

Edit: i mean, compared to 2 lane high speed (250km/h) train tunnels through the metamorphic basement of the Alps, under the channel or other straits, >6 lane motorway tunnels and whatnot else ? Tube burrows under capital cities with their high throughput under sophisticated safety and reliability ?

Edited by Green Baron

1 hour ago, Green Baron said:

So this is about a car driving on tracks with 80km/h through a narrow tunnel dug in soft soil.

Who needs a tunnel?
https://translate.google.com.tr/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=ru&ie=UTF-8&u=https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Подземная_лодка&edit-text=

(The English wiki article is ridiculously short)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.