KSP Interstellar Extended Continued Development Thread

FreeThinker

48 minutes ago, Ourworldalpha1 said:

I did 3 Times,

Its like Ksp interstellar doesn,t want to load for me since 0.90

and when it loads there is a load of glitches which makes it unplayable

my solution was to look for the dev version of rcssound and download it manually. worked fine after that

1 hour ago, Ourworldalpha1 said:

I did 3 Times,

Its like Ksp interstellar doesn,t want to load for me since 0.90

and when it loads there is a load of glitches which makes it unplayable

It's very important you unpack the WarpPlugin in the correct folder, otherwise you can get the problems you describe

Version 1.8.8 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1

Released on 2016-04-19

• Updated IFS to 1.21 which fixes compatibility with KER / Mech Jeb
  • Updated RCSSounds which fixes issues with KSPI-E RCS
  • Updated Module Manager to 2.6.22
Edited by FreeThinker

so is this mod no longer on CKAN?  CKAN claims that it is not available for *any* version of KSP, at present.  Is this intentional?  Interstellar Fuel Switch is still up there (and updated for 1.1), but KSPIE is not.

1 hour ago, ss8913 said:

so is this mod no longer on CKAN?  CKAN claims that it is not available for *any* version of KSP, at present.  Is this intentional?  Interstellar Fuel Switch is still up there (and updated for 1.1), but KSPIE is not.

I think those configuration files need an update, I will take a look

After looking at the config file, the problem is that I'm not sure what to do. The problem is that KSP 1.1 is in a high state of flux, dependancies are either no longer compatible, avialble or stable.

I think it's probably best to wait until the official release and the dust has settled before I do some major changes on CKAN

Edited by FreeThinker

2 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

I think those configuration files need an update, I will take a look

After looking at the config file, the problem is that I'm not sure what to do. The problem is that KSP 1.1 is in a high state of flux, dependancies are either no longer compatible, avialble or stable.

I think it's probably best to wait until the official release and the dust has settled before I do some major changes on CKAN

wasn't today the official release?  I'm pretty sure 1.1 is official now...?

4 minutes ago, ss8913 said:

wasn't today the official release?  I'm pretty sure 1.1 is official now...?

I'm not sure. The made a statement but no official anounchement yet. Either way, the dust is not yet fully setteled.

By that I mean not all dependancies have mad official releases yet which are accesable by CKAN

Edited by FreeThinker

1 minute ago, FreeThinker said:

I'm not sure. The made a statement but no official anounchement yet. Either way, the dust is not yet fully setteled

ok.  Steam says it's "official" now and the non-opt-in-to-prerelease people like me got the 1.1 update today so... I think it's official?  anyway, will be patient until you're ready with it.  FAR hasn't updated yet either so KSP is on the shelf for me until KSPIE and FAR are ready at minimum :)

14 minutes ago, ss8913 said:

ok.  Steam says it's "official" now and the non-opt-in-to-prerelease people like me got the 1.1 update today so... I think it's official?  anyway, will be patient until you're ready with it.  FAR hasn't updated yet either so KSP is on the shelf for me until KSPIE and FAR are ready at minimum :)

Well, considering all changes in KSP 1.1 I find it hard to believe all bugs are solved.It's kind of an anti climax for me.

Edited by FreeThinker

if I delete RCS Sounds, will it affect/break my KSPI install in any other way?

I have a bug where the thrust animation is playing for all of my RCS thrusters, at all times, even inside the VAB, and I am trying to debug it. Deleting RCS Sounds fixes the problem, and a quick check on that mod's thread shows that KSPI probably doesn't depend on it for anything other than, well, rcs sounds, but I just wanted to make sure.

Just in the interest of completeness, deleting RCS Sounds didn't actually fix my bug. I'm not sure why I thought it did. Now that my post on this thread shows up on google for "rcs animation inside VAB" I figured I had better say so.

Edited by JohnWittle

27 minutes ago, JohnWittle said:

if I delete RCS Sounds, will it affect/break my KSPI install in any other way?

I have a bug where the thrust animation is playing for all of my RCS thrusters, at all times, even inside the VAB, and I am trying to debug it. Deleting RCS Sounds fixes the problem, and a quick check on that mod's thread shows that KSPI probably doesn't depend on it for anything other than, well, rcs sounds, but I just wanted to make sure.

From what I heard, it should work. At worst you will no longer hear any RCS sounds, however, this isn't necessary if you replaced it with the updated RCSSound folder bundeled with the KSPI-E 1.8.8 package

Just upgraded to 1.1, upgraded to KSPI 1.8.8 at the same time. I have a ship fueled by liquid fuel and with a closed cycle gas core engine. The engine's description still says it will use liquid fuel, but the engine on the ship flames out and says "LqdHydrogen deprived", and won't switch. Moreover in VAB when I cycle through fuel types it goes Helium-Lithium-Nitrogen-Argon-Xenon, Liquid Fuel and Hydrogen aren't options. The engine does correctly detect & burn hydrogen on the launch pad when attached to a hydrogen tank though (and the interface says Propellant: Hydrogen), but not when there's a liquid fuel or LFO tank attached. What's going on?

56 minutes ago, stlemur said:

Just upgraded to 1.1, upgraded to KSPI 1.8.8 at the same time. I have a ship fueled by liquid fuel and with a closed cycle gas core engine. The engine's description still says it will use liquid fuel, but the engine on the ship flames out and says "LqdHydrogen deprived", and won't switch. Moreover in VAB when I cycle through fuel types it goes Helium-Lithium-Nitrogen-Argon-Xenon, Liquid Fuel and Hydrogen aren't options. The engine does correctly detect & burn hydrogen on the launch pad when attached to a hydrogen tank though (and the interface says Propellant: Hydrogen), but not when there's a liquid fuel or LFO tank attached. What's going on?

I can confirm the problem, looking for a fix

Just in the interest of completeness, deleting RCS Sounds didn't actually fix my bug. I'm not sure why I thought it did. Now that my post on this thread shows up on google for "rcs animation inside VAB" I figured I had better say so.

Edit: Aha!

It has *something* to do with KSPI. On a clean install (download KSPI.zip, merge GameData with my own) I get this:

kjVU7uc.jpg

cyszVOw.jpg

How should I proceed? I would start paring down the individual mods inside KSPI, but I'm not sure what relies on what.

I'll get more detailed log info in a second.

Edited by JohnWittle

10 minutes ago, JohnWittle said:

I don't understand what is causing your problem but I would advice to make a fresh install of KSP and them install KSPI-E

Just did so.

AcS5cW6.jpg

HzMSnU3.jpg

Log: 

Spoiler

+++++++++++++++++++++ RUNTIME COMMENT +++++++++++++++++++++

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

Time: 9:13:48 PM

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

Comment: I am about to load the VAB.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[AsteroidSpawner]: No new objects this time. (Odds are 1:2)

Flight State Captured

Saving Achievements Tree...

[MessageSystem] Save Messages

Game State Saved to saves/default/persistent

UIMasterController: HideUI

[HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From SPACECENTER to EDITOR (Async) =====================

Unloading 1 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
[UIApp] OnDestroy: KSPedia

UnloadTime: 9.831218 ms

AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'InterstellarToolbar' from assembly 'KSPInterstellar'

AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'MicrowaveSources' from assembly 'KSPInterstellar'

Unloading 3501 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 138841.
Total: 204.442032 ms (FindLiveObjects: 9.142151 ms CreateObjectMapping: 8.689615 ms MarkObjects: 183.563354 ms  DeleteObjects: 3.045984 ms)

[KSP Interstellar]: MicrowaveSources initialized

Unloading 0 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)

Unloading 0 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 138804.
Total: 158.178894 ms (FindLiveObjects: 7.994950 ms CreateObjectMapping: 6.369554 ms MarkObjects: 143.567612 ms  DeleteObjects: 0.246328 ms)

Unloading 5 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
UnloadTime: 6.770771 ms
HighlightingSystem : Edge Highlighting requires AA to work!

HighlightingSystem : Highlighting System has been disabled due to unsupported Unity features on the current platform!

UICanvasPrefabSpawner SceneLogic spawning Editor

No Input Locks in effect right now

AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'HotkeyManager' from assembly 'Scale'

AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'TechUpdater' from assembly 'Scale'

AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'InterstellarToolbar' from assembly 'KSPInterstellar'

AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'MicrowaveSources' from assembly 'KSPInterstellar'

AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'VABThermalUI' from assembly 'KSPInterstellar'

------------------- initializing editor mode... ------------------

editor started

IconLoader awake

Unloading 1 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 171216.
Total: 206.710312 ms (FindLiveObjects: 9.729048 ms CreateObjectMapping: 7.061887 ms MarkObjects: 189.623596 ms  DeleteObjects: 0.294847 ms)

The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!

(Filename:  Line: 1649)

[UiApp] Awake: EngineersReport

[UiApp] Awake: KSPedia

[ApplicationLauncher] OnSceneLoadedGUIReady: scene EDITOR ShouldBeVisible() True ShouldBeOnTop() False iIsPositionedAtTop False

Loading Depletion Nodes

DepNodeCount:  0

Loading Biome Nodes

BiomeNodeCount:  0

Loading Planet Nodes

PlanetNodeCount:  0

[ScenarioDestructibles]: Loading... 0 objects registered

[UIApp] OnDestroy: ContractsApp

[MessageSystem] Reposition 0.02 5248

[UIApp] Adding EngineersReport to Application Launcher

[UIApp] Adding KSPedia to Application Launcher

[GenericAppFrame] Reposition 0.2207388 5254

UIMasterController: ShowUI

Time: 9:14:09 PM

Comment: The VAB is loaded.

Time: 9:14:33 PM

Comment: I am about to place an MK1 Command Pod as the root part.

Parsing string

Parsing string

Parsing bool

Parsing string

Parsing string

Parsing bool

Parsing string

Parsing string

Parsing bool

Parsing string

Parsing string

Parsing bool

Getting value. Currently: False

New value: False

Parsing string

Parsing string

Parsing bool

Parsing string

Parsing string

Parsing bool

Parsing string

Parsing string

Parsing bool

Parsing string

Parsing string

Parsing bool

Getting value. Currently: False

New value: False

Time: 9:14:51 PM

Comment: I have placed an MK1 Command Pod as the root part.

Time: 9:15:18 PM

Comment: I am about to select an RV-105 RCS Thruster Block and place it onto the MK1 Command Pod.

TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'EventVoid' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
  at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Part+<Start>c__Iterator25.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

RCSBlock added to ship - part count: 2

Time: 9:15:57 PM

Comment: I have placed the RV-105 RCS Thruster Block onto the MK1 Command Pod.

Time: 9:17:09 PM

Comment: I am about to click the green "Launch" button.

[Pre-Flight Check]: Checking for CraftWithinPartCountLimit: PASS!

[Pre-Flight Check]: Checking for CraftWithinSizeLimits: PASS!

[Pre-Flight Check]: Checking for CraftWithinMassLimits: PASS!

[Pre-Flight Check]: Checking for ExperimentalPartsAvailable: PASS!

[Pre-Flight Check]: Checking for CanAffordLaunchTest: PASS!

[Pre-Flight Check]: Checking for FacilityOperational: PASS!

[Pre-Flight Check]: Checking for NoControlSources: PASS!

[Pre-Flight Check]: Checking for LaunchSiteClear: PASS!

[Pre-Flight Check]: All Checks Complete. Go for Launch!

Launching vessel from LaunchPad. Craft file: D:/SteamDir/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program - Copy/KSP_Data/../saves/default/Ships/VAB/Auto-Saved Ship.craft

Game State Saved to saves/default/persistent

[HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From EDITOR to FLIGHT (Async) =====================

Unloading 8 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
[UIApp] OnDestroy: KSPedia

[UIApp] OnDestroy: EngineersReport

TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'EventVoid' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

UnloadTime: 31.259478 ms

Unloading 4062 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 142378.
Total: 208.817169 ms (FindLiveObjects: 8.380305 ms CreateObjectMapping: 7.930102 ms MarkObjects: 186.021500 ms  DeleteObjects: 6.483388 ms)

Unloading 0 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)

Unloading 0 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 138078.
Total: 177.652863 ms (FindLiveObjects: 8.207688 ms CreateObjectMapping: 6.518844 ms MarkObjects: 162.678131 ms  DeleteObjects: 0.247261 ms)

Unloading 6 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
UnloadTime: 7.688439 ms
UICanvasPrefabSpawner FlightUI spawning Flight

[UiApp] Awake: ResourceDisplay

[PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Kerbin

AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'NavWaypoint' from assembly 'KSP'

AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'AeroGUI' from assembly 'KSP'

AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'FlightUIStarter' from assembly 'KSPInterstellar'

AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'FNImpactorModule' from assembly 'KSPInterstellar'

[KSP Interstellar] FNImpactorModule listening for collisions.

AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'GameEventSubscriber' from assembly 'KSPInterstellar'

------------------- initializing flight mode... ------------------

Loading ship from file: D:/SteamDir/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program - Copy/KSP_Data/../saves/default/Ships/VAB/Auto-Saved Ship.craft

[Part]: PartModule TransferDialogSpawner at mk1pod, index 8: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
Looking for TransferDialogSpawner in other indices...

...no TransferDialogSpawner module found on part definition. Skipping...

Untitled Space Craft loaded!

putting ship to ground: 14.66247

[Untitled Space Craft]: Ready to Launch - waiting to start physics...

Crewmember Jebediah Kerman assigned to Mk1 Command Pod, seat # 0 (crew seat index: 0)

[FLIGHT GLOBALS]: Switching To Vessel Untitled Space Craft ---------------------- 

setting new dominant body: Kerbin
FlightGlobals.mainBody: Kerbin

Reference Frame: Rotating

Vessel assembly complete!

all systems started

[KSP Interstellar] GameEventSubscriber Initialised

at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Part+<Start>c__Iterator25.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[FlightIntegrator]: Reloaded drag cube for zeroed cube root part mk1pod on vessel Untitled Space Craft

Unloading 60 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 147563.
Total: 197.587753 ms (FindLiveObjects: 8.589777 ms CreateObjectMapping: 6.946653 ms MarkObjects: 181.713089 ms  DeleteObjects: 0.337302 ms)

[UiApp] Awake: CurrencyWidgetsApp

[UiApp] Awake: ResourceDisplay

[UiApp] Awake: KSPedia

[ApplicationLauncher] OnSceneLoadedGUIReady: scene FLIGHT ShouldBeVisible() True ShouldBeOnTop() True iIsPositionedAtTop False

[ApplicationLauncher] SpawnSimpleLayout: VerticalTopDown

[KnowledgeBase] OnAppLauncherReady 14563

Loading Depletion Nodes

DepNodeCount:  0

Loading Biome Nodes

BiomeNodeCount:  0

Loading Planet Nodes

PlanetNodeCount:  0

[ScenarioDestructibles]: Loading... 0 objects registered

[UIApp] OnDestroy: ContractsApp

[FlightIntegrator]: Vessel Untitled Space Craft has been unloaded 1.79769313486232E+308, applying analytic temperature 312.503029784868

[Progress Node Reached]: RecordsAltitude

HighlightingSystem : Highlighting System has been disabled due to unsupported Unity features on the current platform!

[MessageSystem] Reposition 0.02 14564

[PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Untitled Space Craft

[UIApp] Adding ResourceDisplay to Application Launcher

[UIApp] Adding ResourceDisplay to Application Launcher

[ResourceDisplay] OnAppStarted(): id: -373122

[GenericAppFrame] Reposition 0.1548361 14568

[ResourceDisplay] OnAppStarted(): id: 139764

ResourceDisplay already exist, destroying this instance

[UIApp] OnDestroy: ResourceDisplay

CURRENCY WIDGET False False False

[UIApp] OnDestroy: CurrencyWidgetsApp

[UIApp] Adding KSPedia to Application Launcher

UIMasterController: ShowUI

Flight State Captured

Saving Achievements Tree...

[KSP Interstellar] GameEventSubscriber - detected onGameStateSaved

Game State Saved as persistent

Unpacking Untitled Space Craft

[Progress Node Reached]: RecordsSpeed

Time: 9:17:57 PM

Comment: I am now in Flight mode. The RCS thruster animation is still activated.

Do you need the startup log as well? I don't know jack about KSP modding.

edit: Is there any way to get Steam to download a second copy of KSP besides moving the current copy away and then redownloading it?

Edited by JohnWittle

I feel bad leading you on a wild goose chase due to my ineptitude at windows. I can't move my current KSP install out of the way because it's "being used by another program", but I have no idea what program (not steam, not ckan) and I can't figure out the windows equivalent of unix's "lsof". So I deleted everything in the GameData directory except the "Squad" folder and started up KSP. Is that the same as a "clean install"? Probably not, but I couldn't delete my KSP directory even if I wanted to. So I might not be able to give you a clean install.

Nonetheless: Before first run
fFRP9fc.png

After first run:
H9s5OFT.png

With just the "squad" folder remaining, no bug. With all the KSPI folders, bug.

EDIT: For what it's worth, the bug occurs with all of the RCS thrusters except for the 5-way thrusters that came with a recent version of KSPI.

If this isn't happening to other people, don't feel the need to worry about it. It's probably a weird interaction between one of the non-clean files coming from the fact that I've had the same install since 0.25 playing wrong with the latest version of KSPI. And it's not a game-breaking bug; it doesn't affect the actual physics of the thrusters, just the animation.

That said, if you can tell me how to figure out what program is "using" my KSP install, so that I can move it and get a "real" clean install, I can get you that info as well. But it bothers me that the bug doesn't occur without the KSPI mod directories installed.

EDIT2: Oops. Very, very sorry. I noticed that the screenshot had ModuleManager2.6.21.dll, but that I remembered noticing that we'd upgraded to 2.6.22. I went back and checked. While I was debugging, deleting and executing and copying and executing and deleting and executing etc., I accidentally had an old KSPI.zip open. I went back to my downloads folder and grabbed the correct one, and everything works perfectly fine now, no bug at all. Sorry!!!!

That said, it'd be nice to know what was going on. Why on earth would anything in KSPI cause such a strange animation bug? Especially not RCSSounds?

Edited by JohnWittle

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.