KSP Interstellar Extended Continued Development Thread

FreeThinker

8 hours ago, Table said:

So, how are those radiators I suggested coming along?

IF you accepted it :)

But it's fine if you don't, it's your mod anyways!

Wel if someone can supply me with the model and it still works (which I doubt) Perhaps I will.

@ChrisJGames, while I understand you enjoy this mod, asking for releases is generally frowned upon. Modders do care about their own mods and will update them when they have the time to.

As always, the rest of the forum should remember this as well.

As soon as I can update, I will update. For example this mods depends on tweakscale and toolbar

Do Note that in the meantime I'm preparing for the transition, for example I already converted the code to 1.1 It just not always works as it once did.

Edited by FreeThinker

I am playing 1.6.9 with a friend over DMP, and we play in science mode (career mode is buggy with missions and kerbal, but we still wanted the progression), and I noticed that the science labratory (https://github.com/FractalUK/KSPInterstellar/wiki/Science-Lab#begin-research) isn't working. I have read through the guides of how to get it to work but it won't :P. The wiki says it is only supposed to work in career mode, but to me it seems that it should be able to work in science mode too, to me it seems reasonable :)

Am I missing something? Or has science mode just been forgotten about? :P

Notice the Data scanning ability only get\s unlocked after researching "scientificOutposts" and upgraded (which automatically happens in the VAB). It should also work in scientific campaign mode

Edited by FreeThinker

1 hour ago, FreeThinker said:

Nptice the Data scanning ability only get\s unlocked after researching "scientificOutposts" and upgraded (which automatically happens in the VAB). It should also work in scientific campaign mode

Ah alright, tho I solved it, I thought that you were supposed to press the "Start Research", not the "Begin Scanning" :P, well stupid of me! But thank you again for the support, this mod is awsome :D

13 hours ago, lagcity613 said:

As for Toolbar and Tweakscale needing updates, these two work fine for me in 1.1 - For tweakscale, ignore the releases section, just hit download zip and use the gamedata folder in there. https://github.com/emerald79/TweakScale https://github.com/rem02/ksp_toolbar/releases

Thanks!

Toolbar has to change name aaa_toolbar.dll to toolbar.dll or not?

On 31/03/2016 at 9:26 AM, FreeThinker said:

It seems I have mixed up the Magneti Intertial Fusion Engine with the Inertial Confinement Fusion Reactor. The reason why you probably are not recieving any thrust is because the reactor temperature is too high. It causes the nozzle to operate as a magnetic nozzle, which will not work well in atmosphere. To fix it, you can lower the reactor core ReactorTemp to 3000

Hello! I've edited the file SmallFusionReactor.cfg to set ReactorTemp = 3000, but I still don't get significant thrust using the Thermal Turbojet. Additionally I'm unable to switch fuels, the turbojet will only select Atmospheric as a propellant. Other reactors, like the Pebble Bed Reactor, work fine and then the turbojet provides a lot of thrust and propellant switching.

I assume these issues are because the reactor temperature is still too high. Is there something more than can be done so I can make an amazing SSTO?

54 minutes ago, aSemy said:

Hello! I've edited the file SmallFusionReactor.cfg to set ReactorTemp = 3000, but I still don't get significant thrust using the Thermal Turbojet. Additionally I'm unable to switch fuels, the turbojet will only select Atmospheric as a propellant. Other reactors, like the Pebble Bed Reactor, work fine and then the turbojet provides a lot of thrust and propellant switching.

I assume these issues are because the reactor temperature is still too high. Is there something more than can be done so I can make an amazing SSTO?

Not, in order to fix the SmallFusionReactor.cfg, you need to remove the line    supportedPropellantAtoms = 4, thiis line is limiting the kind of propellant it can heat up, but should be there, it was mend for the other fusion engine. I will post a fix shortly

Version 1.7.5 for Kerbal Space Program 1.0.5

Released on 2016-04-09

• Added Umbrella Radiator
  • Fixed OMEGA Inertial Fusion ability to heat up any propellant
  • Reduced Core-heat OMEGA Inertial Fusion to 3200K
  • Foldable Radiators can now be deployed inside VAB
  • Re-balanced radiator surface area, and reduced their mass.

For those are wondering what you can do with the Umbrella Radiator

EugeP8j.png

Folded the Umbrella Radiator requires minimum amount of space and since it a single part will also reduce lag and drag

Notice I wrapped several Wrapper Drop Tanks around the entire vessel, which can be dropped once empty, this will help improve DeltaV further.

Also notice that in next version the Vista engine correctly displays thrust and delta V in KER even when throttle is down

Edited by FreeThinker

Version 1.7.6 for Kerbal Space Program 1.0.5

Released on 2016-04-10

• Fixed VISTA Compatibility with MechJeb / KER
  • Fixed Surface area helper for matching radiator with Thermal/Magnetic nozzles
  • Increased length large curved panel radiator to fit with X16
  • Fixed Surface area and mass for Wrapper Radiator

12 hours ago, space387 said:

Thanks for updating to 1.1

Not sure if bug or operator error but at the moment the game hangs loading the wrapper x96 tank during initial startup.

Well it is by no means update an to 1.1. I have only made the minimum amount of changes to recompile against KSP 1.1

Edited by FreeThinker

just figured I'd let you know that this the only issue so far that brakes the game. And thanks again for working on this mod I was afraid it would die off when the original author stopped working on it.

Edited by space387

On 4/11/2016 at 10:01 PM, space387 said:

Thanks for updating to 1.1

Not sure if bug or operator error but at the moment the game hangs loading the wrapper x96 tank during initial startup.

I'm having the same problem with Wrapper x96 tank, Mod Manager seems to be stuck on it.

Its seems that both wrapper tanks are freezing up Mod Manager.

Edited by KronosHelix
Correction

59 minutes ago, KronosHelix said:

I'm having the same problem with Wrapper x96 tank, Mod Manager seems to be stuck on it.

Its seems that both wrapper tanks are freezing up Mod Manager.

What version of mod manager are you using? I only tested with ModuleManager.2.6.20.dll

Edited by FreeThinker

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.