Kerbalized SpaceX

ok, please bear with me, this is a fully assembled launch stack here in the pic as well, so ignore what's already tacked onto the craft please...

it doesnt look it, but where I marked on the imave, is where I TRIED to install the parachute. the parachute thats just floating? is where the game decided it needs to go.

I get this same problem, or, worse, it sinks into the hull, with the lights I tried to use...and the camera isnt cooperating on the hull submersion I'm describing.

second pic is the gemini light care of the fasa mod, and its just floating there, I wanted to put it right above the upper rcs jets, or what look like the upper rcs jets, they're above line in respect to the viewports.

now, if the game determined it wasnt attached, the part would be transparent, so its registering a connection with something that isnt visible on the model.

parachute pic: 35595443784_f589c3cee1_t.jpgfloating parachute by XRaiderV1.7, on Flickr

light pic: 35595443644_0039c033e2_t.jpgfloating light by XRaiderV1.7, on Flickr

please dont mistake this as a complaint..I LOVE this mod, it solves so many issues for me with my launch stack, that said, if I can help address a problem I discovered, I'm happy to do so, and furnish these pics towards that purpose.

@RaiderMan that is strange, I wonder if my configs are causing that? There isn't anything out there it should be able to latch onto like that. Does this happen with other parts? I will investigate this.

P.S. I like how you have the lights set up

Edited by harrisjosh2711

thank you.

its a low profile decent illumination light.

The only parts I've tried to put on her that actually fought me are the lights and parachutes.

the remote controller and docking port I shoved in under the nosecone went in without issue..

speaking of, perchance you have plans for a dragon friendly remote guidance unit that is thinner than the rc-0015 remote guidance unit? cause the two parts as they are actually protrude from the nose cap a bit.

I always put remote guidance units on so I can send untested craft up unmanned for obvious reasons...ergo a desire to not kill any poor kerbals during flight trials XD.

side note, my CSM configuration addressed the translation control issue I was having, its only during the reentry phase that this becomes a concern, eg the need to slide below my service module so it doesnt plow into me during descent ^^;

@RaiderMan I just tested that and it seems to me it only occurs near the very top. I believe it does it because the capsule switches the axis that parts are allowed to connect to there. The game thinks you are trying to place like a docking port on the top it seems(maybe). There isn't any colliders or anything sticking out there. 

For now, Don't place things radial at the very tip and it should be fine. Ill see if there is anything that can be done about that.

Edited by harrisjosh2711

lol, I was about to post when I saw the notification XD

I was looking at the spots further up on the engine mounts as the best spots for either parachutes or lights, theoretically I should be able to put parts there..any recommendations for working around that?

also..the hull submersion phenomenon seems to occur between the engine mounts, not on the door or the hull opposite the door.

6 minutes ago, RaiderMan said:

speaking of, perchance you have plans for a dragon friendly remote guidance unit that is thinner than the rc-0015 remote guidance unit? cause the two parts as they are actually protrude from the nose cap a bit.

I always put remote guidance units on so I can send untested craft up unmanned for obvious reasons...ergo a desire to not kill any poor kerbals during flight trials XD.

Sounds like a good idea. Yes, ill make some sort of "dragon friendly remote guidance system". 

9 minutes ago, RaiderMan said:

side note, my CSM configuration addressed the translation control issue I was having, its only during the reentry phase that this becomes a concern, eg the need to slide below my service module so it doesnt plow into me during descent ^^;

translation issue? You will have to be careful if you are decoupling high speed in atmosphere. The pod has a small lifting surface on its bottom, you may get hit. 

10 minutes ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

@RaiderMan I just tested that and it seems to me it only occurs near the very top. I believe it does it because the capsule switches the axis that parts are allowed to connect to there. The game thinks you are trying to place like a docking port on the top it seems(maybe). There isn't any colliders or anything sticking out there. 

For now, Don't place things radial at the very tip and it should be fine. Ill see if there is anything that can be done about that.

hey, i didnt manage to move anything yet ragarding the IVA, bit of loaded up at work and Wife+Baby at home (the Baby is 13months now, requires more and more attention) :P

Anyway, does the new download contain a flat-top Dragon V2 or are you still holding to that bulge ? (please get rid of it once and for all :P)

@Jasseji No worries my friend, I'm not prepared yet either,  so I'm glad u aren't. At the moment Ive made no changes to the Dragon v2 since the last release. None of the changes you have are included in that download. You will need to hold onto your dragon2 file or re-download the 2.5. 

P.S. I changed the hierarchy in the folder since the scope of this mod has grown so much. Watch out for that.

17 minutes ago, RaiderMan said:

lol, I was about to post when I saw the notification XD

I was looking at the spots further up on the engine mounts as the best spots for either parachutes or lights, theoretically I should be able to put parts there..any recommendations for working around that?

also..the hull submersion phenomenon seems to occur between the engine mounts, not on the door or the hull opposite the door.

try placing the object just before it messes up and moving it with translation icon. Maybe that will work???? The shoots slightly sink in because there is a very small size difference between the collider and the pod. I just need to make that collider slightly larger.

Edited by harrisjosh2711

7 minutes ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

@Jasseji No worries my friend, I'm not prepared yet either,  so I'm glad u aren't. At the moment Ive made no changes to the Dragon v2 since the last release. None of the changes you have are included in that download. You will need to hold onto your dragon2 file or re-download the 2.5. 

P.S. I changed the hierarchy in the folder since the scope of this mod has grown so much. Watch out for that.

try placing the object just before it messes up and moving it with translation icon. Maybe that will work???? The shoots slightly sink in because there is a very small size difference between the collider and the pod. I just need to make that collider slightly larger.

its no good, its too skittish with the collider as it is.

18 minutes ago, Jasseji said:

hey, i didnt manage to move anything yet ragarding the IVA, bit of loaded up at work and Wife+Baby at home (the Baby is 13months now, requires more and more attention) :P

Anyway, does the new download contain a flat-top Dragon V2 or are you still holding to that bulge ? (please get rid of it once and for all :P)

that said...when you release the flat topped dragon v2, could you include it as a sub type of some sort? I can see the appeal of the current nose cone....oh better idea, can you make the nose cone an optional part?

Just now, RaiderMan said:

that said...when you release the flat topped dragon v2, could you include it as a sub type of some sort? I can see the appeal of the current nose cone....oh better idea, can you make the nose cone an optional part?

it's not the nose cone we speak of, the bulge below the nose cone :wink: it's messing with docking ports when the pod is rescaled to 2.5m

oh...oh! yeah I read that wrong clearly XD

@harrisjosh2711 question, is it possible you'd eventually make a version sans nose cone? or at least with an ejectable nose cone? cause once in orbit, that cone isnt really necessary any longer.

edit..what's the code for tagging users in posts?

Edited by RaiderMan

12 minutes ago, RaiderMan said:

Its not the collider causing that. You know what? that could be where the coolider ends. It has two colliders and that is where they split. it has one for the nose cone as well.

At the moment I have no plans on removing the nose cone. 

1 minute ago, RaiderMan said:

ouch time....kind of glad I wait a day before updating. I know how upsetting it would be to loose work due to something innocuous and not readily apparent. keep up the good work harrisjosh2711

Ouch is right:(. I learned a good lesson, oh well....

still no idea how to tag people on this message board...and speaking of lessons...I just learned that while the apollo docking light in the fasa mod works well for lighting probes and other standard type capsule designs...it does NOT flatter the dragon in the slightest.

2 minutes ago, RaiderMan said:

@harrisjosh2711 there we go, thanks man, and that's unfortunate. what are you trying to do with animating the windows? is that intended for showing the kerbals in the capsule? or for the interior view looking out into space?

No problem. I already put a light into the interior. I want to add an emissive animation to the windows where you can make them look like their glowing.  I don't believe it shines light on anything around it though. its just an animation like how engines light up.