Russian Launch and Mission Thread

tater

2 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

A reminder that sooner or later “space archaeologist” will be a thing… and they’ll be cataloging  a pile of plushies. :D

As always, they will be considered being "ritual artifacts", and the module containing them (interesting, which one) as an orbital sanctuary of fertility cult.

Because archaeologists don't have the word "unknown", they have only "ritual" and "ceremonial".

And as the Soviet/Russian modules visually look obviously different, and rather specific, while the Western/Japan ones look like a set of barns, it will be clear that this Segment was used by the station priests, while the barns were populated by peasants.

It's a pity that they don't have a bath, like the Skylab one. It would be obviously an empty sarcophagus.

47 minutes ago, SunlitZelkova said:

Is Yenisei going to be reusable? I saw that on Reddit today, but I don’t know if it is old news or not.

It's a cluster of Soyuz-5s, which have no sign of reusability in the pipeline.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2023 at 8:33 AM, CatastrophicFailure said:

A reminder that sooner or later “space archaeologist” will be a thing… and they’ll be cataloging  a pile of plushies. :D

And it will be an wild west. That artifact belong in an museum, my museum who is part of my theme park on the moon or in orbit. 
For the Moon, snatching Snoppy  and one of the landing stages. 
Obviously spinning space stations can do stuff like this cheaper and nearer but not at the moon so you need the real stuff to make real. 

21 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Got it.

The factor they missed previous time, is that somebody should be sitting on the eggs to let the chickens form correctly.

And in zero-g there is no such thing "sit on".

Thanks to the centrifuge, now it's possible.

When someone finally has a proper moonbase, there needs to be a huge dome where chickens can finally soar through the air with the grace of eagles. 

6 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

When someone finally has a proper moonbase, there needs to be a huge dome where chickens can finally soar through the air with the grace of eagles. 

Not to rant or anything, but I’d say this idea that a Moon base has to be a borderline colony is what has kept us from getting any Moon base for the last 50 years.

Just put Salyut or Skylab on legs and call it a day.

3 hours ago, SunlitZelkova said:

Not to rant or anything, but I’d say this idea that a Moon base has to be a borderline colony is what has kept us from getting any Moon base for the last 50 years.

Just put Salyut or Skylab on legs and call it a day.

But.. won’t someone please think of the chickens?

6 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

The first woman in space is awarded with the order of the first man in space.

...that she actually knew personally. Just... meh.

2 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

The fake Vostok shown at the parade in 1961 (before the real ship was revealed in 1965).

bc7dc9d91b.jpg

Similar rocketships were featured in much of the artworks.

• 3 weeks later...